Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2023, 17:52   #76
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainyamk95 View Post

I believe you meant to say the opposite.
Yes. My bad. Sometimes, the English language doesn't make sense unless you understand it properly. And when you see a interior so subtle and nicely put together, mistakes happen.

Please read it as 'just delightful'.
Gamemaztr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 23:50   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Looks nice, I am guessing both these will make their way to India next year along with the Enyaq. Pity the Superb is great for being driven around but not so much a driver's car.
Yes, looks like the new Superb is still a while away from us. For now, Skoda is relaunching the Superb B8. CBU Superb coming in December 2023 at Rs 50 lakh (ex-showroom). 100 units only.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-img_8150.png  

YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 01:09   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Yes, looks like the new Superb is still a while away from us. For now, Skoda is relaunching the Superb B8. CBU Superb coming in December 2023 at Rs 50 lakh (ex-showroom). 100 units only.

Source
While I understand that this is because of the CBU route, that is significantly more pricier than what I expected

Hopefully they sell well enough to warrant Skoda to pursue a CKD route in the future that hopefully reduce the price.
Old 1st September 2023, 10:37   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda is going to lose the game for their premium offerings in India if this news is true, 50 lakhs ex showroom for a Superb is not going to go well at all, they will need to heavily discount to make sure they get rid of the 100 units.

While I have loved Skoda for their CKD offerings and the relative value they offer, getting CBUs here and competing with the German trio on the price is a losing battle, its time they realize where they stand on the desirability and brand image, and focus on decent volumes for their CKD offerings, While I understand they may be doing alright on their MQB A0 IN offerings, selling CKDs at a decent profit is their only option for cars above Slavia/Kushaq.

High price CBUs will not do well at all and the management in India is going to struggle to sell the allocated units, eventually the poor sales will be an excuse for the management in Germany/Czech Republic to exit out of India for lack of volumes, but in reality, this would be because of a flawed strategy.

New Kodiaq can be a smash hit if offered with an option of 245 BHP tune on the 2.0 TSI, can easily sell more than 500 units a month if it is priced at a slight premium to the existing version which is possible only with local assembly, but it cannot compete with other Luxury marque on the image!

If Porsche is considering assembling Cayenne in India, Skoda should definitely assemble Kodiaq, Superb, Octavia and Karoq, no one is expecting these to be cut price offerings, but the 'Value' in their marketing jargon 'Value Luxury' should not be taken for granted.
abaliga is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 21:34   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Skoda is going to lose the game for their premium offerings in India if this news is true, 50 lakhs ex showroom for a Superb is not going to go well at all, they will need to heavily discount to make sure they get rid of the 100 units.
Not only that, the article also mentioned that they're bringing the Octavia vRS in via CBU and that it's going to cost the same as Superb
prash1892 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:42   #81
BHPian

USB-C port on inner rear view mirror? Is it for dash cam support?
Old 3rd September 2023, 13:08   #82
Senior - BHPian

It's funny how VW group keeps trying to position Skoda as their entry level brand but their cars absolutely annihilates any car that VW has to offer, to the point that Skoda is competing more with Audi.
Cresterk is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 14:30   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajamass View Post
USB-C port on inner rear view mirror? Is it for dash cam support?
Yes. Just like the Octavia, it would be so convenient to power your dashcam without having to hardwire or tucking in to the roof lines through A pillar onto the 12V socket, which is how I have it on my current Kodiaq.

What a cabin of the new Kodiaq. Love what they have done retaining physical knobs for what is useful. And look at that ambient lighting! And that touchscreen layout. This thing will blow all under 80lakhs luxury cars out of the park. Too bad if this thing is priced at 50laks ex, in that case we are talking 60lakhs OTR Mumbai, almost 17lakhs more than what I have paid for the current gen.
Jangra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 15:01   #84
BHPian

Thanks for attaching the feature list. Very helpful.
Quote:
For now, Skoda is relaunching the Superb B8. CBU Superb coming in December 2023 at Rs 50 lakh (ex-showroom). 100 units only.

Source
Upon reading the feature list, I was positively burning with envy seeing that adaptive suspension (DCC) would be offered, the only thing I'd really want, which our Superb doesn't have.

Then I saw the ex-showroom price and felt relieved that we bought ours back in 2021! The funny thing is, looking at how insanely expensive the E-Class, 5 Series and A6 have become, the Superb will still end up undercutting them on price, albeit with a smaller margin now.

I do have one question. Will this batch of 100 CBUs be E20 compliant? If yes, I would really want to know of the changes necessary to make the existing 2.0 TSI compliant in the light of the ever-increasing ethanol blends.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 15:27   #85
BHPian

I must say I quite like the interior design on the new Kodiaq and the Superb. Given the current version is INR 50L OTR, I really wonder what the pricing proposition is for the new gen model. 55- 60L OTR perhaps even if they attempt a CKD route with this ? (Ouch that was once the A6, Q5 territory after discounts)

It would also mean the current gen would retain its value to a fair extent in the used market.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 17:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

Skoda really knows how to keep their interiors sophisticated and good looking. And no doubt it will have the quality too.
Personal view, they have always managed to get their interiors much better than VW in the same segment.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 19:06   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Teaser to Next Gen Škoda Superb,

› New Superb hatchback offers even more space and better aerodynamics.
› Three petrol engines, two diesels and premiere for mild-hybrid technology
› New interior concept with free-standing infotainment screen and Škoda Smart Dials
› Focus on sustainable interior materials

Quote:
The fourth-generation Superb hatchback is available for the first time with mild-hybrid technology. In the 1.5 TSI entry-level model with 110 kW (150 hp), the four-cylinder petrol engine is supplemented with a 48-volt belt-driven starter-generator and a 48-volt lithium-ion battery. This enables energy recuperation during braking. The energy thus recovered is stored in the battery and can be used to support the internal-combustion engine with an electric power boost, or to allow the vehicle to coast with the engine completely switched off. In addition to the 1.5 TSI, Škoda offers two 2.0 TSI units with 150 kW (204 hp) and 195 kW (265 hp). Like the most powerful diesel, a 2.0 TDI with 142 kW (193 hp), the top petrol unit comes with all-wheel drive as standard. The generous engine roster is rounded off by a 2.0 TDI with 110 kW (150 hp). For the first time at Škoda, all Superb engines are mated to a 7-speed DSG as standard. All powerplants meet the Euro 6d emissions standard.
Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-skoda_superb_covered_mb14_ebaaf6721920x1281.jpg

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-skoda_superb_covered_mb2_4c46f0cc1920x1281.jpg

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-skoda_superb_covered_mb10_581929641920x1281.jpg

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-highlight_skoda_superb_covered_mb_8af7d4732560x1708.jpg

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-skoda_superb_covered_mb20_60c588961920x1281.jpg

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-skoda_superb_covered_mb13_e8bbc4542560x1708.jpg

Source: Škoda

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th September 2023 at 19:10.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 20:02   #88
BHPian

Guys

Can someone throw some light on why the VAG group is reluctant in introducing their diesel engines in India? Dieselgate was an international thing. How are they still catering to the international market while skipping ours?

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th September 2023, 23:41   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Guys

Can someone throw some light on why the VAG group is reluctant in introducing their diesel engines in India? Dieselgate was an international thing. How are they still catering to the international market while skipping ours?

Thanks in advance.
Same thought here. Was irritable when they continued selling diesel in Europe while stopping it in India, but right now it is almost mocking us when they are continuing to give diesels even in the next generation!!!!

They were fined in India, but not sure if they had paid up. But it would definitely pale in comparison to the fines they racked up in Europe. Yet, Europe continues to get the diesel. Can understand their reluctance for continuing with the small 1.5l diesel, but what about the larger engines? An Octavia or Superb buyer wouldn't bother paying an extra couple of lakhs for a BS6.x diesel. Europe has more stricter emission norms than us, but VAG can comply with them. But push turbo petrols down at us, without even bothering for a low running cost alternative
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 09:03   #90
BHPian

We have seen various OEMs take input from TBhp seriously and launch vehicles / facelifts.

Similarly, why don't we conduct a TBhp poll on whether we would like to have VAG's larger diesel engines in Audi, VW and Skoda cars in India and share the results with VAG India. Let us all come together for a better cause.

Seeking your support @GTO.
wild child is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks