Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2023, 12:10   #46
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
I sometimes don't understand why do all VAG SUVs have smaller dimensions than their competitors. I feel that dimensions is an important parameter when finalizing a SUV.

It seems that Skoda hasn't fixed this issue with new Kodiaq as well.
I think I can tell you why as some one currently driving the 23 Kodiaq. The external dimensions can actually fool you but most of the Euro car designers focus on the internal space and vehicles like Kodiaq or even the Tiguan are perfect examples of that.

Rather than unnecessary muscular or butch looks outside which adds up to the external dimensions on paper and giving anything useful internally, these cars instead give you pretty roomy interiors. As a result you have an airy experience with ample shoulder and head room and you can move about in the cabin without any feeling claustrophobic.

No unnecessary shoulder bulges or pretentious macho looks- they just dont go well with their elegant and sophisticated design they are usually after. A Fortuner for instance looks a lot bigger compared to the Kodiaq but try sitting in them back to back and you will realize which is more roomier and comfortable. This is infact the major reason why I preferred the Kodiaq as I didnt want to drive something that felt unnaturally bigger or overwhelming in exterior dimensions. Add to this the car like driving manners, a Tiguan or Kodiaq thus offer the best of both worlds.
vjbox is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 16:21   #47
BHPian

The PHEV option looks enticing; if one can get even 50-60 km of electric-only range, then this would be perfect for city office commutes and the fuel backing up for longer weekend runs on the highway or outstation trips.

I wonder why no car company has yet brought in a PHEV; we seem to be getting a plethora of mild/strong hybrids with poor electric only range or the full blown EVs which are still not becoming main stream due to the lack of charging infrastructure and paucity of home charging options.
Old 27th June 2023, 23:44   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Rather than unnecessary muscular or butch looks outside which adds up to the external dimensions on paper and giving anything useful internally, these cars instead give you pretty roomy interiors. As a result you have an airy experience with ample shoulder and head room and you can move about in the cabin without any feeling claustrophobic.
A Fortuner for instance looks a lot bigger compared to the Kodiaq but try sitting in them back to back and you will realize which is more roomier and comfortable. This is infact the major reason why I preferred the Kodiaq as I didnt want to drive something that felt unnaturally bigger or overwhelming in exterior dimensions.

No offense to Fortuner owners - it's an awesome machine, I can rent in but can't own it.

Before going for Kodiaq 2.0 TSI, we took test ride of brand new Legender 4x4. My dad too wasn't quite sure if it can fit in our world. Next month we test drove moonwhite Kodiaq L&K of Brite Skoda's dealer principal [thanks to them for arranging it on my request] - we all in family locked the booking in mere 10 minutes of drive.

Creaminess & power delivery of 2.0 TSI got me over, while dad loved the decent styling & mom + wife went all in for the interiors.
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 15:56   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

2024 Skoda Kodiaq Interiors spied, digital and connected car.

Quote:
The "nerve center" of the interior of the new Kodiaq will be a new 12.9-inch touchscreen. A key component to manage the new infotainment system. A multimedia system compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay that, in addition, will bring with it an extensive list of online digital services. The aforementioned touch screen will be combined with a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster.
Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-screenshot-20230628-154924.png

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-screenshot-20230628-154950.png

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-screenshot-20230628-155509.png

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-screenshot-20230628-155012.png

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-screenshot-20230628-155128.png

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-screenshot-20230628-155110.png

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-screenshot-20230628-155055.png

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-screenshot-20230628-155034.png

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th June 2023 at 15:57.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 18:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

I can't believe that the steering still has the notch and the insert where the third spoke was present.
Old 5th July 2023, 20:35   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq seen testing in Alps!

Old 19th July 2023, 07:49   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

A detailed first look and drive of the Next-Gen Skoda Kodiaq(proto)!

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th July 2023 at 07:50.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 18:06   #53
BHPian

The next-gen Škoda Superb Combi has been spotted on the road with minimal camouflage:

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-skoda-superb-2024.jpg
Source: Instagram

7th gen BMW 5 Series Wagon, anyone??!

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-bmw-5-series-touring-2021.jpg

The resemblance is quite striking, isn't it...

Last edited by Hawkeye269 : 20th July 2023 at 18:06. Reason: Missing "the"
Hawkeye269 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 16:03   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Teaser to the Gen. Next Skoda Superb:

Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-screenshot-20230721-155835.png

Name:  Screenshot 20230721 160010.png
Views: 1139
Size:  79.4 KB

Quote:
Skoda warns that the front and rear of the new Superb, in all its versions, has become more dynamic. One of the most distinctive elements will be the front light clusters. With LED technology, they will present a characteristic light signature. The same will happen with the rear lights. In addition, the moment will be used to increase customization options.
Quote:
the interior of the new Superb we will quickly be enveloped by a warm and comfortable atmosphere. The cabin has undergone a profound redesign. Unfortunately Skoda has not published images of the cabin. However, it has confirmed the decisive issues. The "nerve center" of the interior is a new 12.9-inch touchscreen. A key component to manage the new infotainment system.

An important change that will present the new generation of the Superb is the disappearance of the gear lever of the central tunnel. As with the new Kodiaq, the gear lever has been mounted directly on the steering column
Quote:
The Superb’s interior promises to be the most comfortable version yet, with even more space and a massaging function in the front. Rear passengers get a fold-down centre armrest that can now extend and slide forwards – handy when using the integrated tablet holder.
Skoda has confirmed that the presentation in society of the new Superb will take place next November. Shortly thereafter the order book will open and the first units will arrive at dealerships in 2024.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st July 2023 at 16:05.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 22:04   #55
BHPian

Sharing a teaser video from youtube of the new Superb. From the look of it, seems to be OEM PR stuff and while it doesn’t give much away it does highlight few key feature changes (which are also mentioned by other members already).

While the car claims to be longer and taller, the design language doesn't seem to be drastically different from Gen3. The lights now seem to be more in sync with the current gen Octavia, Kodiaq etc but my guess is the interiors will be substantially upgraded. I am not a fan of the steering mounted gearlever (too yank) or the possibility of all controls moving into the touchscreen (I prefer Knobs for simple handy frequent operations). Maybe I am wrong but I did spot a proper panoramic sunroof too in the video.

Still waiting to see some spy shots of the sedan as we possibly wont get the estate here.

Its still a while away from our shores and only time will tell what specs we get in India and the pricing (I am guessing it’ll knock on the 50 door which still keeps it VFM considering where the Germans are now). Maybe we’ll get a petrol hybrid (I doubt the diesel will come back) and hopefully Skoda India wont get cold feet about playing in the dying executive sedan market here.

Last edited by narula123 : 21st July 2023 at 22:14.
narula123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 07:04   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...erb-press-kit/

Wonder which powertrain is destined for us!

I’m guessing it has to be the 2.0 TSI with 204 bhp. It seems the 1.5 TSI PHEV is for the estate version only, and Indians are unlikely to accept the 1.5 TSI ICE version when its already on offer in the Virtus, Kushaq, Taigun & Slavia.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Skoda Octavia, Superb & Kodiaq to debut by 2024-img_5664.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 22nd July 2023 at 07:09.
itwasntme is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 07:39   #57

Undoubtedly only the 2.0 TSI will be launched ��.

Skoda may experiment with a PHEV with the octavia first and bring it to other models in India.

Historically this is what have happened. (Octavia RS IV is on the cards already)
konguraajaa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 14:33   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

I’m guessing it has to be the 2.0 TSI with 204 bhp. It seems the 1.5 TSI PHEV is for the estate version only, and Indians are unlikely to accept the 1.5 TSI ICE version when its already on offer in the Virtus, Kushaq, Taigun & Slavia.
I agree from the list of engine options that is the only one which seems to be a candidate for India. I dont know if they have revised the 2.0 TSI already to make it E20 compliant or if they’ll do it once they are ready to bring the car here. Will it come at the cost of a slight detune?
Old 22nd July 2023, 15:30   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
I agree from the list of engine options that is the only one which seems to be a candidate for India. I dont know if they have revised the 2.0 TSI already to make it E20 compliant or if they’ll do it once they are ready to bring the car here. Will it come at the cost of a slight detune?
The current 2.0 is neither RDE compliant or E20 compliant. The incoming one has to be at least the former to be sold in India!

Again, it will probably make ~3-5% less power due to detune to factor in our fuel quality.

Last edited by itwasntme : 22nd July 2023 at 15:32.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 15:34   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whichever engine it is, they are not going to bring back the 2.0l TDI, would they?
Yes, India had also ordered investigations and slapped a fine (more for optics, was it ever paid?), but never at the rate VW was fined in the USA and EU. All these fines, investigations in Europe, yet they continue to get the diesels. But we don't.

Quote:
It seems the 1.5 TSI PHEV is for the estate version only, and Indians are unlikely to accept the 1.5 TSI ICE version when its already on offer in the Virtus, Kushaq, Taigun & Slavia.
Well, pray that they don't learn from other manufacturers who wouldn't hesitate in pulling the plug for the 1.5l TSI in smaller cars, so as to help the bigger cars' exclusivity and price demanded.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks