Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 20:13   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: KIA Seltos facelift spied in Korea

I'm eagerly waiting to see if it will have panaromic sunroof. Any idea?
Old 4th February 2023, 00:50   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
According to RushLane, it will get Panaromic Sunroof
Old 4th February 2023, 00:54   #78
Senior - BHPian

Probably one of the best looking and most feature loaded cars in it's segment as well as two segments above but until they fix the unstable body shell and improve the grade of steel used, it will be a no from me. No features are worth dying over in a small crash.
Cresterk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 03:54   #79
BHPian

Having checked out the latest Kia Sorento, Carnival and Seltos here in Australia, they're really good looking cars inside out!
The only drawback of Seltos is the space inside, it feels really cramped inside especially in the backseat. Other than that, hard to find any fault.

I hope Kia India fixes the safety rating as my parents will be on the lookout for a compact crossover in the coming months and Creta/Seltos fit the bill perfectly except the absolutely poor safety scores.
Old 4th February 2023, 07:55   #80
BHPian

Have a booking for Seltos HTX diesel automatic with delivery due next month. Is it wise to take delivery or await the facelifted version
Old 4th February 2023, 09:24   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyrulez View Post
Have a booking for Seltos HTX diesel automatic with delivery due next month. Is it wise to take delivery or await the facelifted version
I would personally wait for the new model. The present model is way too common on the roads and is starting to show its age.
Maverick_4662 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 10:11   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyrulez View Post
Better to wait for new model. But be prepared to pay more as price hike is expected.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 10:36   #83
BHPian

Hi folks. I have a booking for the 1.4T GDI petrol automatic which I like as it is but have told the sales advisor that I would like to check out the facelift version before confirming delivery. I am in a very serious dilemma. The facelift version is expected to come with 1.5T 160 bhp engine (yummy). I am not in favour of sunroofs or ADAS features but I am concerned that ADAS features will be piled on to the top end model and I will be paying for features which I am definitely sure I will not be using. However, I like the looks of the new version and if I take delivery of the existing one, it would most likely look outdated very shortly and every time I see a new Seltos, my heart would pang. There is also a necessity to take delivery by May end at the latest since I have another commitment, so I may not be able to wait to check if multiple 1.5T petrol automatic models will come. Would the Seltos be able to handle the 160 bhp considering its build quality?
Old 4th February 2023, 15:26   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 View Post
I would personally wait for the new model. The present model is way too common on the roads and is starting to show its age.
Any timeline when the update would be out. April, May or June ?
Old 5th February 2023, 10:43   #85
BANNED

I was hoping that the facelift news gets delayed to 2024 as i took the delivery of my GTX+ DCT in September last year!! I couldn't wait for the facelift as i needed a new car and Seltos was the best in line!

I had narrowed down to the Koreans in their top spec 1.4T DCT variant; the heart said Creta (for the panoramic sunroof & Hyundai brand) while the mind said Seltos (for the looks to begin with..

I finally went in with Seltos due to

1. 360 Degree Camera
2. Front Parking Sensors
3. Blind Spot Monitoring
4. All wheel disc brakes
5. In General More Ooomph in the top variant compared to Creta

Very happy with the decision.. of course if Seltos comes with Panoramic Sunroof in its facelift, i will be damned! but I have covered a whole lot distance in the last 4 months and super happy that i bought my beast!!
Old 5th February 2023, 12:09   #86

Hi Team-BHP, this is my first post after approval.

I booked Kia Seltos HTX Diesel Automatic in June 2022, but after doing so, I noticed the international facelift model and decided to wait for it to be released in India, as there was no immediate need for me to purchase the car hence decided to wait. My dealer informed me that the facelift model is expected to arrive in India in June or July 2023.
raghav.2299 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 07:39   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

This is Kia's Chinese strategic model, the KX3 facelift model.
It's similar to the Seltos in Korea.

KIA Seltos facelift spied in Korea-d7c4fe0d4f9ee1b5d4eeffdf92fbce27_1675722055_2865.jpg

KIA Seltos facelift spied in Korea-d7c4fe0d4f9ee1b5d4eeffdf92fbce27_1675722055_9869.jpg

KIA Seltos facelift spied in Korea-d7c4fe0d4f9ee1b5d4eeffdf92fbce27_1675722055_5904.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 13:05   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
According to RushLane, it will get Panaromic Sunroof
I'd definitely take this with a pinch of salt because the last time I got super excited reading such confirmations in Autocar & Rushlane for Seltos Updated 2021 model, my heart was left broken upon the launch of the updated model without panoramic sunroof. It clearly take a lot for the company to change to panoramic sunroof without impacting the structural integrity of the roof (and in turn the car's structural integrity).

The other reason, I am skeptical is because I failed to see even a single panoramic sunroof in the international markets where the facelift is already launched. Not that it would help the cause because some international markets did get the older ones with the same.

Not keeping my hopes high on the panoramic sunroof this time around. Would be glad to be proved wrong. The ball is in your court, Kia!
Cyber_Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 12:55   #89

Rushlane has posted latest spy shots of the facelift Seltos. Also confirms panoramic sunroof and ADAS besides the new 1.5 L turbo engine that will be launched in the pre-facelift model.

Link below

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/2023-ki...-12463959.html
Attached Thumbnails
KIA Seltos facelift spied in Korea-1279837fb1754a6ab59807a78d477e5f.jpeg  

KIA Seltos facelift spied in Korea-ed512f9297ed4817a5e851dfbb03d4b9.jpeg  

ALT+Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 15:18   #90
Senior - BHPian

Rushlane has been sharing rumours about panaromic sunroof for coupe of years now! I will take it with a pinch of salt!
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks