Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2021, 13:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Punto successor to arrive in 2023; could be offered in hybrid & electric variants

Fiat is said to be working on a brand-new B-segment hatchback model, which will arrive in international markets by 2023. According to a media report, the new model will be introduced as a successor to Fiat's popular Punto hatchback.

Fiat Punto successor to arrive in 2023; could be offered in hybrid & electric variants-fiatpunto1.jpg

Reports suggest that the new Fiat Punto successor will be part of Stellantis' CMP (Common Modular Platform) architecture, which also underpins a number of other models, such as the Opel Corsa, Citroen C4 and a few others.

As per the reports, the 2023 Fiat Punto successor will initially be offered either with a mild-hybrid or a full-hybrid system. Following this, there will also be a 100% electric version of the hatchback, which is expected to arrive a year later.

Fiat Punto successor to arrive in 2023; could be offered in hybrid & electric variants-fiatpunto2.jpg

The arrival of the new model will also mark the return of Fiat to the B-segment, which it has been absent in since the discontinuation of the Punto in 2018.

Source: CarScoops

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 14:54   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto successor to arrive in 2023; could be offered in hybrid & electric variants

Fiat is dead in India. No matter how good, how profitable, how loaded the car is, it wont come to India.

FCA is busy selling the two litre MJD engines anyway and raking in the money.
nkrishnap is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 15:48   #3
BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto successor to arrive in 2023; could be offered in hybrid & electric variants

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 6th August 2021 at 08:27.
tanbeamer is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 27th August 2021, 04:12   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Fiat is dead in India. No matter how good, how profitable, how loaded the car is, it wont come to India.

Can’t agree more. I believe a resurrection is still possible with the right product but chances are very thin.

Yesterday while I was in Kochi for some personal work, I called up my trusted service advisor at Hyson Fiat Kochi to know if they were open. I needed to change my front and rear wiper blades. He told me they are open and the part is available. So we drove in and got the job done. While I was at the billing counter making the payment, the SA came and told that one sentence I have been dreading for years; “sir we won’t be there next month onwards, the centre is closing down “

Came back with a heavy heart after clicking a few pictures with him. I still have another MOPAR service centre within 50kms of my residence, but my plans of keeping the Punto for another 3 years doesn’t seem to be very promising anymore. Feeling very sad for the employees especially my SA since I have always found him honest, polite, knowledgeable and never pushy.
Night Raven is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 12:26   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Auto Bild predicts the looks and price of the New Punto:

Old 29th September 2021, 22:51   #6
BHPian

I will be very happy if this happens. Till then I want to keep my Punto and replace it with the new one. I have already started dreaming about it. Why shouldn’t I?
Old 30th September 2021, 08:19   #7
BHPian

The front looks like a facelifted version of the Altroz. I highly doubt Fiat will bring hatchbacks and sedans to our market in a age where everyone is looking for SUVs or high GC cars.
Attached Images

Old 31st October 2021, 12:33   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

2023 Punto rendered:

Fiat Punto successor to arrive in 2023; could be offered in hybrid & electric variants-40b1debf6b214ee484eca63972290eef.jpg

Fiat Punto successor to arrive in 2023; could be offered in hybrid & electric variants-5016146cb90e44eeb4dd011d5fcd7789.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st October 2021 at 12:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks