Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2021, 21:32   #1
BHPian

Aston Martin sales rise by 224%, thanks to the DBX SUV

Quote:
About a year ago, Aston Martin posted serious financial losses for the first half of 2020. That wasn’t a surprise given the global pandemic situation at the time, and we are happy to report the British exotic car maker is slowly recovering from the crisis. The sales report of the brand for the first six months of 2021 show sales increased by 224 percent and a single model contributed for more than half of those sales.

With a total of 2,901 deliveries during the first half of this year, Aston Martin is up 2,006 sales over the same period in 2020. The revenue of the company increased from £146 million to £498.8 million, or 242 percent more. As a result, pretax loss fell from £227 million last year to $91 million from January to the end of June this year.

Aston Martin happily explains more than 1,500 DBX examples have been delivered in H1 of 2021 representing more than half of the marque’s overall sales. As a reminder, the luxury performance SUV entered production in July last year and it’s already proving to be Aston’s absolute bestseller.

"The demand we see for our products, the new product pipeline and the quality of the team we have in place to execute, gives me great confidence in our continued success," Lawrence Stroll, Aston Martin chairman, commented in an official statement, quoted by Automotive News. “Building on the success of DBX, our first SUV, we have since delivered two more new vehicles and with more exciting product launches to come we are well positioned for growth.”
For More:
https://www.motor1.com/news/523219/a...sales-h1-2021/

Looks like the DBX is going to keep Aston alive.
Eshan Joshi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 22:47   #2
SSO
BHPian

Re: Aston Martin sales rise by 224%, thanks to the DBX SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshan Joshi View Post
For More:
https://www.motor1.com/news/523219/a...sales-h1-2021/

Looks like the DBX is going to keep Aston alive.
Doubtful, Aston is still burning through piles of cash. DBX sales in 2021 will be half the original target of 6000.
SSO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 14:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSO View Post
Doubtful, Aston is still burning through piles of cash. DBX sales in 2021 will be half the original target of 6000.
6000 sales target for DBX is too optimistic.
Its estabilished rival Bentagya sold about 4000units in 2020.
Old 2nd August 2021, 19:07   #4
SSO
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
6000 sales target for DBX is too optimistic.
Its estabilished rival Bentagya sold about 4000units in 2020.
But the problem is they built a factory to produce 8000 DBXs per year and now its running at under 40% of capacity.
Old 4th August 2021, 18:15   #5
BHPian

As an AM purist, I was originally against them selling SUVs but if that is what it takes to keep my favourite brand alive then so be it.

While, in my opinion, they have the most beautiful automotive catalogue, they have always been a generation behind on technology due to their constant fund crunch. Hope this gives their engineers room to bring out the best with their new models.

The additional factory capacity should not be an issue. Factories are generally built with excess capacity cause it's hard to enhance once they are up and running. The two new models coming out should plug this gap a bit.
DeadCenter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 19:18   #6
SSO
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadCenter View Post
As an AM purist, I was originally against them selling SUVs but if that is what it takes to keep my favourite brand alive then so be it.

While, in my opinion, they have the most beautiful automotive catalogue, they have always been a generation behind on technology due to their constant fund crunch. Hope this gives their engineers room to bring out the best with their new models.

The additional factory capacity should not be an issue. Factories are generally built with excess capacity cause it's hard to enhance once they are up and running. The two new models coming out should plug this gap a bit.
The excess capacity is a major issue. Its an expense that Aston can not afford to be carrying right now. Best case, they sell 6000 cars this year, they have capacity to produce 14000.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks