Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2021, 10:03   #16
BHPian

Re: 2021 Honda Accord 2.0T does 0 - 96 in 5.4 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Cars today are becoming seriously fast. Still, the true "democratization of performance" will come from electric cars. Only last week, Ford unveiled an electric pickup truck that can do 0 - 96 in 4.x seconds (Ford to make all-electric F150) . To put things in perspective, that is an everyday pickup truck that will be used by plumbers & carpenters which is quicker than a Ferrari 360!

Just as you can buy a computer with 16 GB RAM & a lightning fast SSD for <50,000 bucks, you will one day be able to get a 6-second 0 - 100 electric car under 10 lakhs. Your grandmother will out-accelerate your current Octavia vRS or 530d in her zero-emission mass market EV.
This is so true. My Tesla Model X weighs 2,500 Kgs and does 0-60 in ~4.1 seconds (my best measurement). Its hard to understand how crazy it feels unless one experiences it first hand - its like a hippo on steroids. And that's not even the performance version of the car.

Its a matter of time before the cheapest EVs do a sub 5 or 4 second 0-60mph.

Would have never guessed that EVs would be the inflection point in automobile acceleration but I am a happy customer and look forward to the future.
Old 27th May 2021, 12:55   #17
BHPian

Re: 2021 Honda Accord 2.0T does 0 - 96 in 5.4 seconds

I own a 10th Gen Accord 1.5 Turbo, this thing is fast enough for daily use - around 7 seconds to 100km/h, gives average of 15km/l and has adaptive cruise that works from 0km/h onwards, lane keep assist is great on this car in the highways as well. Honda recommends regular fuel for the car and the 2.0 Accord literally makes the VRS 245 look like a joke, Honda claims the 2.0 Accord comes with 252hp, but several tuners have recorded over 260hp at the crank, which means its got a hell lot more power than Honda claims.

Edit : Just an FYI, the 2.0 Accord features the same engine from the Civic Type R, the K20C series with a smaller turbo tuned for low end torque and gets rid of vaccum booster found on the Type R engine. Its essentially a racing engine bolted onto a family car.

If this comment gets enough likes, I'd be happy to do a detailed review on my car.

Last edited by arun_m5 : 27th May 2021 at 13:22.
arun_m5 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks