Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2021, 11:50   #16
BHPian

Re: The N7X Concept : Honda's 7-seater SUV for Asia

Its too late for them now. There is so much competition that it will be hard for them to sell in triple digits, I know I am speaking about a Product that is yet to be launched here but its is hard to break what Hyundai and Kia have created.
Old 4th May 2021, 11:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

From the looks, it does not feel like a BRV competitor. I think this is an Alcazar or a Harrier competitor. The only way Honda's fortunes will change in India is by having newer products. Launching global products at a premium will not work in segments where Suzuki and Hyundai operate. Asia specific product development is the answer.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 14:12   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda N7X may not replace BR-V - upscale, bigger 7-seater SUV to debut in August.

Quote:
Honda maintains that the N7X previews a totally new model line, one that is positioned higher than the BR-V.
Quote:
it's "longer, wider, and taller" than the aging pair that is the BR-V and Mobilio. Essentially, it aims to combine the comforts of an MPV, inside an SUV-looking package.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th May 2021 at 14:14.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 14:50   #19

Very excited for this one. With the Innova Crysta costing around 28L OTR for the fully equipped version, a reliable Japanese 7 seater is truly missing in India. Let's just hope that they price it competitively.
Old 5th May 2021, 10:22   #20
BHPian

This will be a great addition to Honda's portfolio in India. Going by their lackadaisical approach to the Indian market, I am not sure what has Honda planned for India in near-term and long-term. Baring rumours of Honda City Hybrid launch, there is literally no news about any new launches from the Honda stable. I doubt whether even a proper Amaze facelift is on the cards. Toyota, their Japanese brother has decided to stay relevant in the Indian market through an alliance with Maruti-Suzuki. Given this background, Honda's future and plans here are uncertain.
rajivn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 10:50   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's 'New 7 Seater eXcitement' now explained in this video:

volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 11:23   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

What will they power this with?

All Honda has to offer is one diesel engine and one petrol engine, along with one automatic option.

1.5 iDTEC is pretty much the worst diesel engine in the market today, down on power, torque as well as refinement. Tata, Ford, Mahindra and Hyundai 1.5 turbo diesels are all superior. This engine is just about pass muster in its current applications and sells only on account of its economy, no doubt aided by the light weights of the cars.

The 1.5 iVTEC is again outclassed by the new turbo petrols from both Hyundai, Mahindra and Skoda. All talks of the 7000rpm shenanigans are irrelevant in our choked cities and speed controlled highways. What is needed is low end drivability along with mid range torque. They are just not there. Hyundai gets the point. Alcazar will get Elantra’s bigger 2.0 NA to go with the turbo petrols for the bigger and heavier 7 seat application. Honda doesn’t have an answer.

The CVT is again just pass muster in a segment filled with competent torque converters and super fact DCTs. Then, it is petrol only. While Kia has brought a full fledged diesel automatic torque converter option on the smaller Sonet, Honda can’t even offer the diesel CVT on the City. Not at least without limiting torque to a laughable 160Nm. Hyundai and Kia diesel automatic sales numbers tell the story. This is what the customer wants. Honda can’t provide it.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 5th May 2021 at 11:25.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 08:42   #23
BHPian

Honda still didn't manage well in hiding the BRV's stance in this car. Doesn't look anything like an SUV.
Old 6th May 2021, 08:47   #24
BHPian

Looks like a decent alternative to our Creta / Seltos twins. I would be willing to definitely consider if I was in the market. I don’t really understand why Honda / Yamaha and other jap companies prioritise Indonesia, phillipines etc over India. I am sure it’s not due to affluence of these markets nor market size. Is it due to our very unfair tax structure ?
Old 6th May 2021, 08:57   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
I don’t really understand why Honda / Yamaha and other jap companies prioritise Indonesia, phillipines etc over India. I am sure it’s not due to affluence of these markets nor market size. Is it due to our very unfair tax structure ?
1) ASEAN's GDP equals that of India's GDP

2) Combined population is large too (around half of India's) and has significantly higher GDP per capita income.

3) BR-V sold well in ASEAN countries. Even Pakistan sales were decent (relatively speaking). From wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_BR-V

The N7X Concept : Honda's 7-seater SUV for Asia-screenshot_1.jpg
SmartCat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 09:43   #26
BHPian

Seems promising for Honda India. I wish they make the third-row optional so that people who don't need 7 seats do not have to pay extra for it. Just a 4 seater with all 4 bucket seats would be ideal!
Old 6th May 2021, 11:19   #27
BHPian

The roofline and rear 3/4ths still screams BRV BRV ! But definitely an improvement.

The new HRV looks more premium than this. However, considering the ageing portfolio of Honda India, they better get something new soon. I wonder how they are able to sleep comfortably watching Hyundai, Kia and gang laughing all the way to the bank with their Crossovers.
Old 7th May 2021, 05:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
From the looks, it does not feel like a BRV competitor. I think this is an Alcazar or a Harrier competitor.
Totally agree. Only if Honda prices it at same price, it will make sense. If they launch this at CRV pricing or Citroen C5 pricing, product will fail. Anything cost more than Rs 25 Lakhs ex-showroom price will never win because of Toyota Fortunner, which is big, brute and low maintenance.

Even Citroen C5, Compass, Tucson etc, all of them are already a failure or on their way out. Primary reason is Harrier twins and Hector twins, once XUV700 launches, it will put further pressure on so called premium puny SUVs.
Old 13th May 2021, 11:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

Production-spec Honda H7X SUV to debut in August 2021

Earlier this month, Honda revealed its new 7-seater SUV concept, called the H7X. Now, it is said that the production version is likely to debut in August 2021.

The N7X Concept : Honda's 7-seater SUV for Asia-download-2.jpg

The H7X is expected to replace the BR-V in South East Asian markets. The 3-row SUV shares its underpinnings with the City. It also borrows styling cues from the popular sedan.

The SUV has an upright front fascia with a prominent feature line running across the sides. It has a gently sloping roofline and sleek wraparound LED tail lamps with U-shaped brake lights at the rear.

The N7X Concept : Honda's 7-seater SUV for Asia-download-3.jpg

In international markets, the H7X is likely to be offered with a 1.5-litre petrol engine paired with either a manual gearbox or CVT.

Given the popularity of the 7-seater SUV segment in India, the H7X seems well suited for the Indian market. It could compete with the likes of the MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari and the upcoming Mahindra XUV700.

Source: Autocar India
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 11:12   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Now, it is said that the production version is likely to debut in August 2021.
Production version (Concept looks production ready IMHO) will be revealed at the Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS) scheduled from the 12th to 22nd of August, 2021.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed