Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2021, 21:16   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled

Skoda Kodiaq (face-lift) to launch in Q4 - 2021.

2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-z.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 19:45   #47
Senior - BHPian

Been spotting these since last few weeks. Here are two 4x4 models being tested. Excuse me for poor quality!
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-img20210616wa0014.jpg  

amol4184 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 19:25   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi
Whether one should own an Allspace or a Kodiaq could boil down to few basic issues, here in Hyderabad for instance, both VW dealers and their ASCs are capable and known for providing good service. While it's a pain to deal with the only Skoda dealer we have. So, if someone in Hyderabad were to ask me, my recommendation would be an Allspace. You should see how it is in Bangalore.
--Kalyan
Thanks for a great post, Kalyan. Just wanted to check in what areas, other than looks, does the Kodiaq score over the Allspace? Any insight on passenger comfort in all rows?
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:53   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Thanks for a great post, Kalyan. Just wanted to check in what areas, other than looks, does the Kodiaq score over the Allspace? Any insight on passenger comfort in all rows?
Hi,

In general, Allspace and Kodiaq are the same cars from different stables. It's the very same engine and the gearbox, etc. So, in terms of drive-ability, mechanical bits and electronic stuff, I do not expect much difference between the two.

Cosmetic ones and the interiors are going to be the changes we can discuss at length. The features that particularly appeal to me in the Kodiaq over the Allspace are:

1. The overall design appears to be more in terms of how a crossover SUV should look like. Allspace has the tendency to appear more like an Estate and the rear overhang is not very pleasant esp. from the side-ways. Looks are subjective in nature so I am not generalising.

2. Coming to the interiors, there are a few features that Skoda designers have thought through for the passenger's comfort which are a nice touch:
a. An umbrella inside the door frame.
b. 'Power Nap' package for the rear passengers which allows them to fold the sides of the wide headrest outwards providing great support. Also has blankets.
c. A rolling Sun-shade for the rear windows.
d. Some kind of rubber Door protectors that open-up whenever one opens the doors and auto-retract at closure.
e. 10 speaker Canton music system inclusive of a sub-woofer as against an unbranded 8 speaker set in Allspace.
f. Better in-built navigation system as the car is assembled in India unlike the European maps provided with the Allspace.
g. Ambient lighting with 10 color options.
h. Clip to hold tickets on the windshield.
i. Front passenger seat electric controls.

3. Other than this, I personally like the Digital Cluster of a Skoda better than that of the VW. And also the way the infotainment screen is placed at the middle with vertically long AC vents, unlike sedan like horizontally long AC vents of the Allspace.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 20:55   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

In general, Allspace and Kodiaq are the same cars from different stables. It's the very same engine and the gearbox, etc. So, in terms of drive-ability, mechanical bits and electronic stuff, I do not expect much difference between the two.

Cosmetic ones and the interiors are going to be the changes we can discuss at length. The features that particularly appeal to me in the Kodiaq over the Allspace are:

--Kalyan
I will add the following which I like in Kodiaq over Allspace -

1. Ventilated seats as opposed to heated only seats.
2. Proper Beige interiors
3. The Crystaline elements in the front as well as rear lights are classy.
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 08:12   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

--Kalyan
Thanks, Kalyan. Any feedback on space management? How are the second and third rows in particular?
Old 27th July 2021, 15:32   #52
BHPian

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Spied Undisguised

https://www.motorbeam.com/2022-skoda...d-undisguised/

HSR21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 11:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

More on the facelift, specifically the VRS - from the wonderful Thomas Majchrzak at "Autogefuhl":-

A full 22 mins worth watching. This guy knows what he is talking about.
I lost the count, he mentions this facelift variant vis-a-vis the Porsche Macan!

Last edited by JoshMachine : 13th August 2021 at 11:25.
Old 20th September 2021, 17:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

More clarity on Kodiaq's production and delivery dates for India:-

2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-screenshot-20210920-5.02.02-pm.png
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 18:13   #55
BHPian

Launch projection has moved from Year to Quarter to Week. Hope they announce the date soon and price it sanely too.

Spoke to a known skoda dealer recently who was angry at the way Octavia was priced . He commented that feedback has gone; but Skoda seems to be not listening
Old 21st September 2021, 09:44   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

The new ŠKODA KODIAQ SPORTLINE:

CEO, Thomas Schäfer, travelled to the French Alps to drive our sportiest car yet up a route that might be familiar to Tour de France fans.

Introducing: the new ŠKODA KODIAQ SPORTLINE.

2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-1.jpg

2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-2.jpg

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 20:26   #57
BHPian

Really hope they bring sportline and colours here too..

I belong to a minority that love sporty red colour, which I guess lack demand here in India for bigger cars. If that's true, I wonder why as many smaller and even D1 cars are filled with Red
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:59   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

KODIAQ WITH A HELICOPTER ON THE ROOF:

2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-drc0862.jpg1920x1281.jpg

The ŠKODA KODIAQ is not afraid of any challenge.

Quote:
The popular SUV has proved this again by becoming a helicopter landing pad! All it took was a platform attached to the roof of the car
Quote:
It is a steel structure designed to distribute the load evenly. It’s attached to the roof frame in the place where roof rails are normally attached. The surface of the platform is made of wooden boards,
Quote:
though, that this was not the first time that a helicopter landed on the roof of a ŠKODA. In 2011, a helicopter landed on a platform on the roof of a ŠKODA YETI model in one of the episodes of the popular BBC show Top Gear.

Source:ŠKODA
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 13:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
KODIAQ WITH A HELICOPTER ON THE ROOF
The stunt on the Yeti 10 years ago, was carried out on a moving car. This time round, the Kodiaq was stationary.

The VW Group brand says the rear suspension had to be reinforced to “ensure that the axles were optically balanced.”

The red helicopter is a Robinson R22, which costs about $ 325,000 and has a maximum gross weight of 622 kilograms (1,370 pounds). Skoda’s flagship SUV with the unusual “accessory” was recently unveiled at the Robinson Helicopter Session 2021, a gathering of helicopter owners and pilots held at home in Mladá Boleslav.
(Source)

622 kgs is a lot of weight by the way, if you consider a typical fully laden suitcase weighs anything between 20-50 kg (international airline standards).
Old 1st October 2021, 09:55   #60
Senior - BHPian

2021 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0-litre TSI Sportline review - Link

Quote:
In general, this combination of the 2.0 TSI engine and Sportline trim isn’t the best for the Kodiaq.
Quote:
it provides plenty of overtaking punch, despite sounding a little rough when pushed, and its real-world MPG – mid-30s in mixed use, high 30s at a cruise – is respectable.
2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-2skodakodiaqsportline2021ukfdheroside.jpg

Quote:
the effortless torque of a diesel would suit the Kodiaq better
2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-9skodakodiaqsportline2021ukcabin.jpg

2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-smartselect_20211001095259_chrome.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks