Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2021, 22:13   #31
BHPian

Re: 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled

Very detailed view of new Kodiaq interiors by trim - looks beautiful.

Any updates on the test drives and launch internationally?
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 12:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Skoda has announced the range and pricing details of the facelifted Kodiaq for the UK market.

2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-2021skodakodiaq01.jpg

Offered in five variants - SE, SE L, SportLine, L&K, and the vRS. The SE models will be available in both five-seat and seven-seat layout options, while the rest of the variants get a seven-seat layout as standard

Bookings to open in June, followed by the deliveries in July.

Will be available in five engine options (three petrol and two diesel). Selected variants will offer DSG transmission and a four-wheel-drive option. The main highlight of the new engine range is the 238bhp 2.0-litre TSI engine which is offered in the vRS variant with all-wheel drive.

2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-2021skodakodiaq03.jpg

Kodiaq SE (from £27,650)
Kodiaq SE L (from £31,895)
Kodiaq SportLine (from £35,805)
Kodiaq L&K (from £41,720)
Kodiaq vRS (price to be announced)

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 15:25   #33
BHPian

Does anyone know how the price in the UK has changed between old and the this new version?

Based on the pricing, sales and discounts experience with tiguan Allspace, hope they will price the new kodiaq smartly considering its only petrol here.
Old 24th May 2021, 11:16   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post

The third engine on offer is a 2.0-litre TSI petrol unit that produces 188 BHP ..... and is mated to the same 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox and all-wheel drive configuration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Must say the new Kodiaq looks really good. In general, Skodas are better looking than their VW equivalents - and in this case, at least based on pictures, even the interiors seem to be better than the Allspace.
Hi. Does anyone know which gearbox the 2021 petrol Allspace / Kodiaq / 5 seat Tiguan etc are coming with? The DQ200 or DQ250?

I just read this disappointing thread of yet another DQ200 gearbox on someone’s Polo and if I recall I think the DQ250 were supposed to be less problematic than the DQ200.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...lo-gt-tsi.html

Thank you.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 13:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hi. Does anyone know which gearbox the 2021 petrol Allspace / Kodiaq / 5 seat Tiguan etc are coming with? The DQ200 or DQ250?
The DQ200 has a max torque rating of 250Nm while the DQ250 has a max torque rating of 400Nm.
Now going by the models you mentioned here, am pretty sure they all use the DQ250 if not the DQ381 which is used by cars like the Superb and the new Octavia.
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 15:28   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The 2 l petrol 4x4 versions use the DQ 381 A - the all wheel drive version of the DQ381. So no DQ 200s here.

The T Roc and Karoq used the DQ 200 with the 1.5 l TSI.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 16:10   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
The 2 l petrol 4x4 versions use the DQ 381 A - the all wheel drive version of the DQ381. So no DQ 200s here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
The DQ200 has a max torque rating of 250Nm while the DQ250 has a max torque rating of 400Nm.
Now going by the models you mentioned here, am pretty sure they all use the DQ250 if not the DQ381 which is used by cars like the Superb and the new Octavia.
Thank you both. Is there any guidance on the relative reliability of these units compared to the ill reputed DQ 200s?

The good thing is more recently I believe Skoda and VW have both significantly improved the duration of warranties they are offering on their vehicles so that should give folks some long term comfort around such issues.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 16:23   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you both. Is there any guidance on the relative reliability of these units compared to the ill reputed DQ 200s?

The good thing is more recently I believe Skoda and VW have both significantly improved the duration of warranties
Too early to tell - even if some Tiguan owners on Team BHP have had some problems, but not major ones with the gearbox so far as far as I know. One BHPian has had some noise from his gearbox (My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep).

BTW, the above thread is the Official Review equivalent for the Allspace, so you should track that for observing things as they develop.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 23:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:

The good thing is more recently I believe Skoda and VW have both significantly improved the duration of warranties they are offering on their vehicles so that should give folks some long term comfort around such issues.
There isn't as such any guidance on the reliability although you may look up for the different reports regarding the DSG Units on the forum, especially the DQ200, the notorious one of the lot.

DQ200 is a Dry Clutch assembly unit and for some reason or the other it usually fails (Mechatronic Failure) during or after the 4/5th year of ownership on an average, ofc depending upon the usage and maintenance.

DQ250 and DQ381 are both Wet Clutch assembly units and have a way better track record in terms of reliability when compared to the DQ200.

I would say as long as you're away from the DQ200, you're safe.

Also yes, you're correct on the part of the VAG-Skoda Group warranty. Not only this, they have kinda "unofficially" accepted this flaw of unreliability issues in their DSG Units (namely, DQ200) and are pretty much cooperative and helpful to the affected owners through complete replacements or Goodwill Warranty gestures.
But again, as the saying goes, Precaution is better than cure!
sampadroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 23:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
One BHPian has had some noise from his gearbox (My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep).

BTW, the above thread is the Official Review equivalent for the Allspace, so you should track that for observing things as they develop.
Thank you. It does looks like the VW Tiguan Allspace which is a completely built unit has couple of issues -

1. Issues with AC not cooling reported in many cars.

2. Sound from engine bay with loss of power in one case and no loss of power in another. VW is yet to find the cause of the noise.

Does make me wonder if I should really go for Kodiaq. I am thinking of asking the Kodiaq owners in the official review thread.
pk1972 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 09:45   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Kodiaq launch time-plan:

2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-1.jpg
Old 11th June 2021, 15:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Thank you. It does looks like the VW Tiguan Allspace which is a completely built unit has couple of issues -

1. Issues with AC not cooling reported in many cars.

2. Sound from engine bay with loss of power in one case and no loss of power in another. VW is yet to find the cause of the noise.

Does make me wonder if I should really go for Kodiaq. I am thinking of asking the Kodiaq owners in the official review thread.
Hi

Design and looks, Kodiaq any day, no second thought. Coming to the issues mentioned above, just want to clarify:

1. AC issues were reported in 2-3 cars that I came to know of, maybe in reality it's more than that number.

a. In one case, it was an abrupt failure of AC on a long drive for a Hyderabad owner. And post about an hour, it resolved itself not to repeat again including the ASC not being able to replicate.

b. In another case where I was monitoring the situation personally, it was a friends car. He had purchased it from Mumbai but it was delivered from Hyderabad. AC issue occurred on the very first evening and was rectified with replacement of compressor under warranty. The end-to-end replacement and test drive took like 5 hours. I was present during the TD. Since then the owner has driven cross country and is enjoying the car.

In general, based on my personal experience I have not found VW AC to be super chilling say like that of Ford.

2. For the second issue you have mentioned, a TBHPian Dhruv from Delhi has faced the loss of power or not being able to upshift when it happens. The ASC has asked for the car to be with them for 2-3 days and he is in the process of getting it done.

Whether one should own an Allspace or a Kodiaq could boil down to few basic issues, here in Hyderabad for instance, both VW dealers and their ASCs are capable and known for providing good service. While it's a pain to deal with the only Skoda dealer we have. So, if someone in Hyderabad were to ask me, my recommendation would be an Allspace. You should see how it is in Bangalore.

While the Allspace is a CBU, the point to note is that it shares a lot of parts with the Tiguan 5 seater and the Kodiaq which will shortly be assembled in India. eg: The AC components are shared with Tiguan 5 seater which was assembled in India and hence in case of replicable issues, the ASC is at least able to resolve the same quickly.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 21:30   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

Whether one should own an Allspace or a Kodiaq could boil down to few basic issues, here in Hyderabad for instance, both VW dealers and their ASCs are capable and known for providing good service. While it's a pain to deal with the only Skoda dealer we have. So, if someone in Hyderabad were to ask me, my recommendation would be an Allspace. You should see how it is in Bangalore.

While the Allspace is a CBU, the point to note is that it shares a lot of parts with the Tiguan 5 seater and the Kodiaq which will shortly be assembled in India. eg: The AC components are shared with Tiguan 5 seater which was assembled in India and hence in case of replicable issues, the ASC is at least able to resolve the same quickly.

--Kalyan
Thank you Kalyan for your detailed response. Really appreciate the same - I still think will go for the Kodiaq when launched. I will have to find out the capability of the Skoda ASS from the members here.
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 22:02   #44
BHPian

I think they've hit the boxes right when it comes to the styling changes. The VRS blue looks downright beautiful- never saw myself liking such colours on a car this size but this is changing things. Between this and the Tiguan, the Kodiaq looks much more butch and has a much more commanding and confident stance. However, I hope there's no silly feature misses like the Octavia - doubtful since it's only a facelift and the pre facelift gets all that's necessary.

The kink in the headlamp could be better but, looks like an afterthought to me.

A question for my knowledge : What gearbox will this be using/did the pre facelift use the DQ200?
Old 11th June 2021, 22:39   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnav612 View Post
What gearbox will this be using/did the pre facelift use the DQ200?
The pre-facelift Kodiaq which was available in India had the DQ500 7A with the 2L TDI 110kW(140hp).

For the facelift 2L TSI has DQ381 7A (A for AWD and F for FWD like in the Superb and recently launched Octavia)same as the Tiguan AllSpace. Places where 1.5L TSI is offered with Kodiaq will have the DQ200.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks