Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2021, 20:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

The lights is where I am mixed about. The extra kink added to make them narrower near the grill I am not liking. I preferred the chunkier lights of the older car.

Tail lights are again very minor with a kink added to make them slimmer.
To me, it appears as if the designers were trying hard to bring some differentiation to call it a face-lift, but ended up doing a half hearted job. Older car was a looker IMHO, with the lights merging seamlessly with the grill to create a cheerful face. Tail lights were again chiseled to work well with the beveled panel on which Skoda letters were placed. Now, the front has a slightly 'frown' look and the tail lights look as if they assembled a mismatching pat by mistake
Guna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 21:03   #17
BHPian

Kodiaq update looks good and classy, any day better than the VW all space. I think vRS - Kodiaq may be an overkill, they may bring in few via CBU for their marketing boost.

However, the mouth bending change done to the front facia of new gen Octavia makes it look more Korean than Czech. Atleast its going to take me some time to 'digest' this new Octavia design lingo.
niruvrs9669 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 00:48   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

The upright stance created at the front by the grill was very much needed in the Kodiaq, otherwise it looked more like a station wagon than SUV, although I really dislike the headlight’s overall shape. But now with a petrol whatever sales it used to get will be even lesser. Hope they can aggressively price it with this petrol motor.

Also Skoda did away with volume dials for the touchscreen in the facelift, why Skoda why??
Old 15th April 2021, 07:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Also Skoda did away with volume dials for the touchscreen in the facelift, why Skoda why??
Volume dials are not such an issue. Steering controls do the job.

Ac knobs should always be retained.
Old 15th April 2021, 09:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
That's not new in the facelift. Just the Columbus infotainment. Usually, Skoda offers three levels of infotainment systems : Bolero which a touchscreen without navigation, Amundsen which is essentially a Bolero with navigation, and Columbus which has a larger screen, a hard drive and a DVD drive. We just never got the Columbus in India on either the Superb or the Kodiaq.

It's alright as a driver since you have the rollers on the wheel that work great. Passengers are going to leave a bunch of fingerprint stains though
saur95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 10:10   #21
BHPian

Personally, I really liked the way through which they have given the Kodiaq a 'refresh' wouldn't really call it a facelift. Reminds me of the VW strategy when they refreshed the Vento back in 2015.

On the interior however I'm not really a fan of the new steering, doesn't look too appealing to me. At least they retained the 'chunky' gear selector though, the tactile feel of selectors is yet unmatched for Purists IMHO.
Old 15th April 2021, 14:07   #22
BHPian

Overall the new Kodiaq looks good, but I would still say that the previous Kodiaq front end looked better.

The new slimmer headlamps don't carry the butchness of the previous Kodiaq. This looks kinda cute rather than butch!
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 17:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Overall the new Kodiaq looks good, but I would still say that the previous Kodiaq front end looked better.

The new slimmer headlamps don't carry the butchness of the previous Kodiaq. This looks kinda cute rather than butch!
Totally agree. The curved headlamps are not to my liking. I prefer the straight lines of the old Kodiaq.

I am digging the new Grey shade though and the new alloy designs of the L&K version.

Is it just me that finds the alloys of the RS model to be hideous?
2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-20210413052146_2021_skoda_kodiaq_rs_front.jpg
ashish2135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 18:27   #24

I feel the facelift makes the Kodiaq a proper flagship for Skoda. I own a MY2020 Kodiaq L&K but I did feel short charged when the relatively lower priced Superb got a 190PS engine, ventilated front seats and a better sounding 12 speaker set up. Now Skoda has brought all these to the Kodiaq. I wish I could replace my existing front seat with the new Ergo seat (ventilated / adjustable under thigh support/ massage function ). Except this the existing owners won't miss anything much.
Old 15th April 2021, 19:41   #25
BANNED

Re: Rumour: Skoda Kodiaq to get 1.5L petrol engine option

Looks like a Velociraptor from Jurassic Park waiting to pounce. (1st pic)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Major features added based on the short and sweet 9 min press conference.. I have never seen such a short and straight to the point press conference of a new launch!

Last edited by ajmat : 15th April 2021 at 20:07. Reason: trimming quoted post
Old 16th April 2021, 09:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

The earlier Superb looks better.

The earlier Octavia looks better.

And now the earlier Kodiaq looks better too.

Not clever, Skoda.

Last edited by AMG Power : 16th April 2021 at 10:07.
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 11:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

A 25-minute video showing exterior and interiors of different trims, with some really nice close-up shots:-

Last edited by JoshMachine : 16th April 2021 at 11:51.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 00:14   #28
BHPian

That's a rather mild facelift for a hard to improve design. The basic silhouette remains the same albeit a few minor yet visible differences. The updated Kodiaq definitely needs to land on our shores ASAP. The de chromed SPORTline also appears menacing (if the vRS does'nt make it here). Any news on the SCOUT variant?
Old 19th April 2021, 18:29   #29
BHPian

The earlier Kodiaq looked better in my opinion.

Skoda took quite a gamble to stop their flagship model for close to 2 years before they eventually re-launch it in the petrol avatar.

I suspect many people (me included) miss the earlier model. The earlier model is selling at a premium in the used car market, unlike other skoda cars who are known to have a low re-sale value. I have seen 1-2 year old Kodiaqs with low kms on the odometer selling at 35-38 L!
Old 27th April 2021, 17:31   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

92% of the Skoda Kodiaq cars delivered to the customers were purchased with an automatic DSG.

2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled-20210427_172943.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks