Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2019, 21:54   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing

https://www.auto.cz/exkluzivni-jizdn...hybridy-131693

Will definitely give you a headache by the time you read through this hilarious Google-translated version but this caught my eye:

The life of the present third generation is coming to an end with the arrival of the successor. Liftback can no longer be ordered today, its production will end in 52nd week. The estate will stay on the line until the 14th week of next year, but when ordering, however, count on a number of limitations. Sales of cheaper older Octavia in parallel with the novelty is therefore not planned. In its current form, the third Octavia will be produced by November 2020 in India, by September 2020 in Russia and by summer 2020 in China.

Firstly, once the kits are exhausted in CZ, the current model will be fully discontinued including the lovely 1.8 TSI. From the stock-outs already in India, I feel the India-bound units are already stopped although they may make a last run with the RS at the year-end.

Secondly, full scale assembly in India will happen only in November 2020 (corresponding to production in ~ August 2020 in CZ). I am hoping Skoda India may opt for a few months of CBUs (and absorb the extra cost) to keep the market warm, OR there will be a major stock-out all the way till November 2020.
Old 31st October 2019, 14:10   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Sales of cheaper older Octavia in parallel with the novelty is therefore not planned. In its current form, the third Octavia will be produced by November 2020 in India, by September 2020 in Russia and by summer 2020 in China.

Secondly, full scale assembly in India will happen only in November 2020 (corresponding to production in ~ August 2020 in CZ).
I tried a few other online translators, and all of them translate the last sentence as "In its current form, the third Octavia will be produced until November 2020 in India, until September 2020 in Russia and by summer 2020 in China". So I guess the current (third) generation is expected to be produced in India for another year. I think production of the fourth generation will start in CZ quite soon and will be at full steam after the production of the current generation Combi ends at the end of March 2020 (Week 14).
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 15:42   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Very right. I understood the other way around. Then there is ample scope for a BS-VI 1.8 TSI & 2.0 TDI till November 20!
Old 31st October 2019, 17:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Will the 1.8TSI be offered in the BS-6 era? I believe it was marketed as Euro6 engine till sometime back in the EU, but currently it is not offered on either the Octavia or the Superb.
Old 31st October 2019, 17:57   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Very right. I understood the other way around. Then there is ample scope for a BS-VI 1.8 TSI & 2.0 TDI till November 20!
Nah, don't get your hopes high. The 1.8L TSI has been pulled out of international markets and it makes no sense for Skoda India to update the 1.8L TSI for BS6 investing money into a car that is soon to be replaced by Nov 2020.

Updating the old car to BS6 for 7-8 months makes no financial sense.

Skoda has big plans for next year as mentioned by Zac on twitter with Karoq, updated Superb and new Octy towards the end.

With the numbers the Octavia does, it's not worth the effort.

Moreover the new Octy will most likely only get 1.5L TSI.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 19:40   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

ŠKODA Octavia -Take One more look before its unveil,

Quote:
The headlights are characterised by L-shaped LED strips that visually separate the two LED headlight modules. The rear lights in this model series are featuring dynamic direction indicators for the first time.
Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-191104_skoda_octavia_teaser1440x810.jpg

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-6005307_.jpg

Quote:
A major new development in the top-of-the-range version of the OCTAVIA is the full LED Matrix headlights. The light cone here consists of several independently controlled segments. When a camera employing smart technology in the windscreen detects oncoming vehicles, vehicles travelling in the same direction, people, or reflective objects, the system turns off individual segments to prevent glare.

As a result, the full beam can be kept on constantly – significantly improving how the area in front of the vehicle is illuminated – without dazzling other drivers.
Source: ŠKODA

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th November 2019 at 19:45.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 17:55   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Octavia - Another leak on the Internet that captures the bodywork version of the station wagon.

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-6006234_.jpg

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-6006234_v6.jpg

Link
Old 6th November 2019, 10:03   #68
BHPian

Interiors of the new Octavia leaked
Source
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-6007137_.jpg  

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-6007136_.jpg  

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-6007138_.jpg  

BLACKRiVAL is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 10:06   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ That two spoke steering wheel looks inverted in it's home position. Can be very off putting for some!
Santoshbhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 10:27   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Dimensions of the New Octavia,

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-1.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 11:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Don't know why Skoda chose to migrate to a two spoke steering from the classic and wonderfully designed three spoke steering which does duty in the current gen Octy. For me, the steering is the main physical connecting point between the car and the driver and it is of utmost importance that it looks and feels great in my hand.

The current Octavia has one of the best steerings in the business, and they have gone and killed it with this two spoke abomination. I really hope the RS version at least stays true to the three spoke classic design.
Old 6th November 2019, 11:46   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
^^^ That two spoke steering wheel looks inverted in it's home position. Can be very off putting for some!
Agree, I don't like it. Expecting a brisk trade on Superskoda for an additional 'spoke' to make it look more complete. .

Interiors in so many cars are now looking depressingly similar just because of the mania with a 'floating' touchscreen. Call me old-school but I like a more integrated setup rather than a floating one. Only things 'floating' should be the ice-cubes in a drink.

Overall the interiors are too Hyundai-ish and less European. I preferred the current straight lines and geometrical cuts rather than this. Plus that drive selector is depressing - why not copy BMW with a slick electric shifter rather than this Honda CRV type switch. :-(

See the current ones below:
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-steering-1.8.jpg  

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-steering-rs.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th November 2019 at 12:09.
Old 6th November 2019, 12:19   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

More on the Octavia IV(Combi), Drive and interiors!

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-1.png

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-2.png

https://octaviaclub.cz/clanky/octavi...i-tvary-vorzu/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 13:18   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

ŠKODA officially details the interiors through design sketches.

Quote:
- The next-generation OCTAVIA’s newly shaped dashboard is split into several levels which, in the way their lines and colours are fashioned below the large and free-standing central display, allude to the shapes characteristic of the ŠKODA radiator grille. The visual width of the dashboard enhances the impression that the interior is generously roomy.

-The new interior concept also features a two-spoke steering wheel with buttons and scroll wheels for easy operation of the various functions

-The shape of the dashboard has been inspired by the typical ŠKODA face and offers support for your hand when you are using the free-standing central display. We have also created a brand new design for the steering wheel and, for the first time, our automatic transmission features a shift-by-wire system, which has enabled us to design a central console with a completely new feature. This has influenced a lot of the interior design, too
Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-6007703_.jpg

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-6007704_.jpg

volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 17:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
ŠKODA officially details the interiors through design sketches.

Attachment 1931627

Attachment 1931628

I don't really see any resting place for a hand when operating the touchscreen. Did I read that right?
P.S- Horrible steering wheel.

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 6th November 2019 at 17:47. Reason: Grammar fix
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks