Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 21:53   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)

This is the 1st sighting of the G30's Life Cycle Impulse / Facelift under test;

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-bmw-5-series-sedan-facelift-5.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-bmw-5-series-sedan-facelift-6.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-bmw-5-series-sedan-facelift-7.jpg

The changes expected are as under;

- Larger Grille
- Revised Headlamps
- Revised Tail lights

Source: BIMMERPOST !
karan561 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 23:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)

Does the G30 need this or what ! Complete disaster with the current design i feel and they have lost loads of buyers in India as well. (way too conservative and dare i say the F10 looks more aggressive/muscular)
The facelift should get the new larger sized grill up front like the new beemers and also an upgraded ICE.
nik_kapur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 08:06   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)

This camo makes one thing amply clear = the G30 is not an all-new generation. The silhouette is almost identical to the F10. Heck, it actually looks like an F10 with the front & rear covered up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The changes expected are as under;

- Larger Grille
They really need to tone down the front end & make it more conventional. The G30 looks great from all angles, except that weird front.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 04:07   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Does the G30 need this or what ! Complete disaster with the current design i feel and they have lost loads of buyers in India as well.

Quote:
The facelift should get the new larger sized grill up front like the new beemers and also an upgraded ICE.
+ New Instrument cluster (like g20 3'er), also may get bump in power too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This camo makes one thing amply clear = the G30 is not an all-new generation.
That's still at-least 3 years away (hope it was sooner than that so we could get rid of this G30 front end)
Quote:
The G30 looks great from all angles, except that weird front.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 18:10   #5

The front and the blandly treated bonnet make the G30 look quite lame! F10 in comparison looked bolder and more muscular. Hope the facelift fixes some of these - bigger grill will definitely address some of that, but the bonnet desperately needs a few sharp lines - like what BMW has done with the 3...don’t see that in the spy shots here.

Any dope on likely changes under the skin?
Old 20th November 2019, 13:23   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

G30 LCi M-Sport spotted for the 1st time;

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-mythumb.php.jpeg

Source: Bimmerpost
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 18:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

2021 BMW 5-Series Facelift

Here are the first unofficial images of the 2021 BMW 5 Series

The BMW 5 Series Facelift continues its legacy with an elegant design which touches mostly on the kidney design and headlights. The kidneys have been slightly reinterpreted with more visible outer edges and new slats. The headlights are now slimmer and sleeker, and they fit perfectly within this elegant front fascia.

The new 2021 BMW 5 Series Facelift is expected to be unveiled in late May with market launch scheduled for later this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-b1.jpg  

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-b2.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 19:46   #8
BHPian

re: 2021 BMW 5-Series Facelift

As long as they don't give it huge grills, no other changes will spoil the good looks of the car.

Another thing I don't like in new BMWs that might be added in the new 5 series is the new instrument cluster. I just can't come in terms with the tachometer that goes backwards ie right to left.
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 20:33   #9
BHPian

re: 2021 BMW 5-Series Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
As long as they don't give it huge grills, no other changes will spoil the good looks of the car.

Another thing I don't like in new BMWs that might be added in the new 5 series is the new instrument cluster. I just can't come in terms with the tachometer that goes backwards ie right to left.
The worst part is that it's being openly replicated in much cheaper cars like Hyundai Verna. Those round and orange lit dials coupled with inbuilt screen were surely unique to BMW and looked awesome. It was a perfect combo of retro and modern look.
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 21:34   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Leaked, 5 Series (LCi);

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-2021bmwlcig305seriesfacelift.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-2021bmwlcig305seriesfaceliftrear.jpg

IMO a very well designed facelift, adds sharpness which was much needed in the G30

Source: Bimmerpost
karan561 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 22:20   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I really like the sharper lines! BUT it is now uncomfortably similar to the 3 (especially in M-Sport guise), right down to the character line in the front bumper leading to the headlight kinks, coupled with the identically designed joined kidney grills & DRLs.

For example, take the pre-facelift Octavia and the Superb when seen from the front. The latter looked like the former after a 2 month lockdown
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 23:46   #12
Team-BHP Support

They've made the front grill look more teethy. It's like the S-cross grill with a split down the middle now.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 09:11   #13
Team-BHP Support

Can be an excellent quality render based on the spy pictures rather than any leak from official brochure. The reason being, showing M wheels from the current generation M5.
I don't think; they have ever used same designs on M and Non-M vehicles. These wheels are lighter and costs higher. But I may be wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-whatsapp-image-20200429-4.55.46-am-1.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th April 2020 at 09:31.
Old 30th April 2020, 22:16   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW 5 Series:

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-img20132.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th April 2020 at 22:19.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 15:00   #15
BHPian

And its launched.

From BMW Press release

A heightened sense of outward authority, an interior brimming with detail refinements, the efficiency-enhancing influence of electrification, and cutting-edge innovations in the areas of driver assistance, control/operation and connectivity help the new BMW 5 Series to cement its position as a particularly sporty, efficient and progressive addition to the premium end of the executive class.

Like the new BMW 5 Series Sedan, the new BMW 5 Series Touring will now also be available with a plug-in hybrid drive system. The use of mild hybrid technology with a 48V starter-generator will be rolled out to all models with a four- or six-cylinder engine.

The most important new features of the interior include the display and operation system, which now also encompasses a Control Display measuring up to 12.3 inches. Added to which, the introduction of BMW Operating System 7 now brings owners the services of the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant. The addition of, for example, the optional Steering and Lane Control Assistant – with Active Navigation and the likewise new automatic formation of emergency lane functions – to the list of driver assistance systems takes the new BMW 5 Series another few steps along the road to automated driving.

Other changes in summary.
  • Stepping up the road presence: the new exterior.
The exterior design of the BMW 5 Series is headlined by sporting grace and clean surfaces. Precise modifications showcase the Sedan and Touring’s presence and exquisite sporting style even more vividly. Large, tautly drawn surfaces at the front and rear, the bold BMW kidney grille and new headlights and rear lights ensure the 5 Series exudes considerable visual impact.
  • Slight increase in vehicle length, but proportions otherwise unchanged.
With their long bonnet, set-back passenger compartment, short overhangs, a long wheelbase and wide tracks, the familiar BMW proportions of the new BMW 5 Series Sedan and new BMW 5 Series Touring make no secret of the cars’ dynamic character. Their width, height and wheelbase are unchanged, but the extra 27 millimetres (BMW 5 Series Sedan) / 21 millimetres (BMW 5 Series Touring) of exterior length – both models now measure 4,963 millimetres – underscore the sweeping elegance on display.
  • Leading the way once again for aerodynamic drag.
With a drag coefficient as low as Cd = 0.23 in the case of the Sedan and Cd = 0. 26 for the Touring, the new BMW 5 Series models continue to set the standard for aerodynamics in their respective segments. Among the key contributors here are the sophisticated design of the cars’ trim mouldings and the active air flap control system for the radiator.
  • Newly designed front end: taut surfaces, bold kidney grille, focused look.
  • Modern evolution of the iconic BMW kidney grille.
  • New headlights with L-shaped daytime driving lights create a focused look.
  • Adaptive LED Headlights, now with matrix function.
  • BMW laserlight now available as an option for all BMW 5 Series models.
  • New rear end accentuates car’s width to elegant effect.
  • Trapezoidal tailpipe finishers now standard on all BMW 5 Series models
  • Three-dimensional sculpted rear lights with new graphic.
  • M Sport package with powerful new design.
  • New BMW M550i xDrive Sedan with model-specific design features.
  • New paint finishes for the BMW 5 Series range.
The exterior paintwork of the new BMW 5 Series Sedan and new BMW 5 Series Touring is available in two non-metallic and eight metallic colour shades. New additions include the Phytonic Blue metallic and Bernina Grey Amber effect variants. The BMW Individual range for the new BMW 5 Series comprises new Aventurine Red metallic and Tanzanite Blue metallic, alongside the familiar Alvit Grey metallic.
  • Extensive selection of wheel variants available
Customers can now also specify Air Performance Wheels. In customary BMW 5 Series fashion, the new model is also available with a large selection of light-alloy wheels in 17- to 20-inch formats, some with new styles and colours.
The unique, aerodynamically and weight-optimized 20-inch BMW Individual Air Performance Wheels are making their debut appearance. The innovative light-alloy wheels bring about a reduction in drag coefficient of around 5 per cent compared to the same car with conventional light-alloy wheels. As a result of this extra efficiency and the lower weight, combustion-engined variants of the new BMW 5 Series achieve a cut in CO2 emissions of up to 3 g/km in the WLTP test cycle. Plug-in hybrid models lower CO2 output by up to 2 g/km, with electric range increasing by an average of one kilometre (0.62 miles). High-quality precision-fit inlays are fitted to the aluminium Y-spoke base wheel to optimize aerodynamic efficiency by judiciously managing airflow management and cutting turbulence. The BMW Group is the world’s first carmaker to combine cast aluminium with aerodynamically optimized inlays.
  • M Sport braking system with blue or now also red painted calipers.
  • New additions to standard equipment.
  • Exclusive interior for the new BMW M550i xDrive Sedan.
Inside the new BMW M550i xDrive Sedan, exclusive equipment features over and above those in the M Sport package include model badges on the front/rear door sill plates and in the instrument cluster display. As in the predecessor model, the M leather steering wheel comes as standard with shift paddles, so drivers can toggle through the gears of the eight-speed Steptronic Sport transmission manually.
  • New engine 545e xDrive for the saloon.
Six-cylinder in-line petrol engine, plug-in hybrid system with synchronous electric motor, eight-speed Steptronic transmission, BMW xDrive.
Combustion engine:
Capacity: 2,998 cc, output: 210 kW/286 hp at 5,000 – 6,000 rpm max. torque: 450 Nm (332 lb-ft) at 1,500 – 3 500 rpm.
Electric motor:
Output: 80 kW/109 hp, max. torque: 265 Nm (195 lb-ft).
Combined system output: 290 kW/394 hp, max. combined torque: 600 Nm (442 lb-ft). Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 4.7 seconds, top speed: 250 km/h [155 mph], top speed (electric): 140 km/h [87 mph].
Electric range: 54 – 57 km.
Fuel consumption, combined: 2.4 – 2.1 l/100 km [117.7 – 134.5 mpg imp],
Electric power consumption, combined: 16.3 – 15.3 kWh/100 km, CO2 emissions from fuel, combined: 54 – 49 g/km, exhaust standard: Euro 6d.

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-82bmw530itouring2020faceliftofficialstatic.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-83bmw540i2020faceliftofficialstatic.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-84bmw530e2020faceliftofficialstatic.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-87bmw540i2020faceliftofficialinterior.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-88bmw540i2020faceliftofficialchargingport.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-89bmw540i2020faceliftofficialalloywheels.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-90bmw540i2020faceliftofficialfrontlights.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-91bmwm550i2020faceliftofficialfront.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-91bmwm550i2020faceliftofficialrear.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-93bmw540i2020faceliftofficialtrackingside.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-95bmw530itouring2020faceliftofficialtrackingrear.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-97bmw530e2020faceliftofficialtrackingrear.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-98bmw530e2020faceliftofficialtrackingside.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW G30 5-Series LCI (Facelift)-99bmw530e2020faceliftofficialtrackingfront.jpg

More text and high resolution photos @
Source BMW Press Release

Last edited by rejoycjohn : 27th May 2020 at 15:04.
rejoycjohn is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks