Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2018, 02:27   #1
BANNED

2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled

Quote:
It sits on a new, more space-efficient platform designed from the beginning for the electrification era. New fuel- and CO2-saving hybrid technology goes into most models from launch. A new three-cylinder, 48V plug-in hybrid powertrain is poised for launch in 2020, pioneering wider use of the set-up throughout Jaguar’s and Land Rover’s ranges. Quality and materials are both obviously improved and modernised, yet prices are being held close to current levels. Land Rover’s dependence on Evoque as one of its best money-spinners is clear, and it intends to fight (against fast-improving opposition) to keep the model’s pre-eminent position.

Although the Evoque look – the big front wheel arches and prominent rear haunches, radically rising waistline and descending roof – is maintained, there isn’t a common panel between new and outgoing models. The 2019 edition gets even slimmer LED headlights, and wraparound side and tail-lights. The Evoque adopts the recessed door handles of the pricier Velar.

At launch, all new Evoques are powered by JLR’s 2.0-litre Ingenium engines, in both diesel and petrol guises. Nearly all Evoques are four-wheel drive; the only two-wheeler is the 148bhp manual gearbox D150 diesel starting at £31,600. At the other end of the price and performance scale sits the P300, an allwheel-drive petrol version with a 296bhp petrol engine driving the familiar nine-speed ZF automatic gearbox (which gets a conventional selector lever rather than the twist-selector used in Range Rovers).

Other Evoque engines offered are 178bhp and 237bhp turbo diesels, and 197bhp, 246bhp and 296bhp turbo petrol units, all made at JLR’s Wolverhampton factory.

Performance is decent: the cheapest two-wheel-drive D150 can run a 9.9sec 0-60mph time and hit 125mph, while the 296bhp P300 can post a 6.3sec 0-60mph time and reach 150mph.
Source

Also a written review by Autocar UK

And an unveiling by one of the most informative channels out there.

Attached Thumbnails
2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-1rangeroverevoque2019revealhero.jpg  

2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-5rangeroverevoque2019revealonroadside.jpg  

2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-6rangeroverevoque2019revealonroadinterior.jpg  

2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-6rangeroverevoque2019revealonroadrear.jpg  

2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-8rangeroverevoque2019revealonroadinfotainment.jpg  

2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-10rangeroverevoque2019revealonroadpowertrain.jpg  

Last edited by agambhandari : 23rd November 2018 at 02:45.
agambhandari is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 02:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: 2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled

Fantastic. Evoque is a looker to this day and I am glad that they have tried too hard to change the look. The interiors are bang up to date now. Its the pick of the segment as far as I am concerned.
Old 23rd November 2018, 07:01   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks great but good luck differentiating the Velar and Evoque now

We are finally in the iPhone age of cars. More or less the same cars but different size/capacity.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-2019rangeroverevoquerr_evq_20my_static_nd_221118_08_pi2pun.jpg  

2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-kio9t4ewsz0mstw7ddam.jpg  

2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-combf3j88zhna7dweior.jpg  

2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-kll0eewuqt7xgbkqaucw.jpg  

kiku007 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 22:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

JLR takes new Evoque to another level. It’s actually a baby Velar. Just amazing. Here is the official video.

RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 00:52   #5
BHPian

What kind of transmission do these cars have? I have been awed by the DSG on VW petrols lately but seriously looking at a RR as the next buy.
Old 25th November 2018, 11:40   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
What kind of transmission do these cars have? I have been awed by the DSG on VW petrols lately but seriously looking at a RR as the next buy.
It is a 9 speed ZF.

With the upgrade in the console interfaces, this will be a major improvement. I like it - good looks + ability. I hope it is reliable. The diesel Ingenium engines have DPF issues due to the distance between the DPF and the engine so constant regeneration is happening and engines get switched off causing an excess of diesel to find its way into the sump.

Last edited by ajmat : 25th November 2018 at 16:36.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 11:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
JLR takes new Evoque to another level. It’s actually a baby Velar. Just amazing. Here is the official video.
Absolutely mind bending stuff. Watched the whole thing. Now, that's a Tata car. Well done Tata.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2018, 15:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

It's a great looker. Too bad it is based on a 2 decade old platform. It is a great successful badge and there's no equivalent competition, they've made the cabin much better and the Velar effect should rub off well.

I never liked it much, the front wheel drive proportions don't suit the range rover silhouette.

Last edited by SDP : 25th November 2018 at 16:32. Reason: Typos
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 09:24   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled

Styling was one of the Evoque's biggest draws and the 2nd-gen continues with that. It looks stunning! Actually, I love all Range Rover designs. They are extremely classy, proportionate & timeless. If they had even acceptable reliability, a Range Rover would be high on my upgrade list.

This update couldn't have come anytime too soon. Jaguar-Land Rover badly need another hit product that'll bring in volumes. Plus, the current Evoque is so old & outdated. Jaguar-Land Rover's product life cycles are too long. Their flagship sedan - the XJ - is now 10 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Too bad it is based on a 2 decade old platform.
The new car gets an all-new platform which is also "electric ready".
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 11:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The new car gets an all-new platform which is also "electric ready".
The platform is the revised Ford EUCD platform that came out in 2006, which itself was the modified version of the 1999 mark 1 Focus' platform. It's not an all new platform, but it is heavily modified and electric ready, meaning PHEV versions will be better. The car weighs nearly 2 tonnes, because the platform is too old, it'll sell because of its looks and posh interior.

This car would have ideal to launch an electric, given its urban customer profile, wasted opportunity.
avira_tk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 16:37   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Can't stop gazing at this picture. I think this is the BEST set of rims I've seen on any SUV. It's a match made in heaven!

2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-lfkrwklnign5e92s4ibo.jpg
Source
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 23:42   #12
BHPian

2019 Range Rover Evoque gets 5-star Euro NCAP crash safety rating

2nd-gen Range Rover Evoque unveiled-landroverrangeroverevoqueexterior154152.jpg

Not only did the luxury compact SUV score 94 per cent for adult occupant safety, the highest score of any Jaguar or Land Rover product to date, but for those with younger passengers in the back, it also received 87 per cent for child occupant safety.

Source
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks