Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2018, 15:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

2019 Lexus ES revealed

Lexus has revealed the 2019 ES sedan ahead of its official debut scheduled for the Beijing Motor Show.

2019 Lexus ES revealed-2019-lexus-es.jpg

The new Lexus ES is expected to be based on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform. The front features the new spindle grille with a chrome frame flanked by a set of triple-pod LED headlights with integrated LED DRLs, while the front bumper has boomerang-shaped chrome trim on either side. The new car has wraparound tail lights and chrome trim around the windows.

Lexus hasn't revealed any details about the powertrains of the new ES. However, reports suggest that the new model is likely to be offered with a petrol engine and a hybrid with front-wheel drive. In international markets, the ES 350 is expected to get a 3.5-litre, naturally-aspirated V6 engine from the Toyota Camry. Further, Lexus might also add an all-wheel drive variant to the ES line up.

The current generation Lexus ES 300h is sold in India with a 2.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine combined with an electric motor. The powertrain, which is paired with an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (e-CVT), develops 202 BHP.

Source: Digital Trends

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 24th April 2018 at 15:10.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 16:13   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2019 Lexus ES revealed

Love the overall stance & proportions of the car, including the rear. Apparently, it's even more spacious than the current car.
2019 Lexus ES revealed-.jpg
Source

But by god, that front grille . It's as if Toyota entered a competition on who can make it ugliest. Looks like something straight out of DC Designs or our weird & wacky mods thread. If someone gifted an ES to me, I'd pick one in black and get the grille painted in black too!
2019 Lexus ES revealed-1.jpg

This one will arrive as soon as production starts & the Indian arm runs out of the stock they have.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 17:46   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The current generation Lexus ES 300h is sold in India
Was launched last year in India. Those who bought it for the astronomical price tag could be in for a shock now knowing its already a generation old within a year.

Hope atleast the new generation makes it to our market much earlier in its life cycle. Should not be a hard ask since its a CBU anyway.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 19:04   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Was launched last year in India. Those who bought it for the astronomical price tag could be in for a shock now knowing its already a generation old within a year.
Some bought it at an astronomical price tag while some bought it at an economical price tag. I personally am in the latter bracket and don't feel as bad to be honest.
However, I don't see this coming to India this year.

They should seriously consider bringing this in as CKD since now since it looks the part and not just a glorified Camry.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 22:21   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No shock. No disappointment. That the current model was past the mid-point of its life cycle was known in 2016 when it was booked. Every car gets replaced by a newer model at some time just like very man ages from youth to middle age to .....

I just came back at 8PM from a 140 kms round trip through NCR's city traffic from Gurgaon to Sonepat and back - self driven. The car has been worth every penny. Nice to see Lexus is giving the ES a style similar to the LS.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 25th April 2018 at 22:36.
V.Narayan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 03:28   #6
BHPian

Instead of the grille being on the car, the car is on that massive gaping grille...

It's just getting bigger and bigger with each forthcoming model. But they are really making great cars now. My uncle picked up the NX in Toronto and he's mighty happy with it. And he used to have a Q5 before.
RoadGlide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 11:47   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Very true, although it's always up to the buyer to do his research on when the next generation is expected. A cursory glance on Wikipedia shows that the ES has a new generation every 5 - 6 years. I frankly have no problem driving discontinued cars (two of the 3 cars I currently drive are discontinued, while one is on life support in the market). That said, if someone is looking to buy a new ES today, I'd certainly recommend them waiting for the new gen.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks