Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2016, 10:30   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: All-new 2018 Ford Fiesta unveiled

The Ford grille looks good on large sedans and SUVs because of vehicle's width. But in a small car (narrow width), grille makes the car look like a fish. In this design iteration, the grille is narrower than before and placed lower down - and that makes it worse.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 10:49   #17
Team-BHP Support

Looks

I think it looks aggressive and handsome. As a general rule, I prefer clean designs (think Endy / Jetta / Octy) over fluidic (think most Hyundais, new T Fort etc). Even though this one goes a tad fluidic, its well done - kind of remiss of the Punto design. Having said that its not timeless and I can imagine getting bored of the looks if I owned it over a couple of years.

Fiesta for India?

There is certainly a market for premium (not super premium yet though) hatchbacks in India. But its not for every badge - unfortunately Ford being one of them. Hyundai has earned its place in this space with the i20. Maruti has taken years of painstaking step by step success to slowly crawl via models like Zen and Swift before it got its success with the Baleno. Products like Punto Evo etc have not really shaken the market either.

With Ford, I would wait and watch how the Endy performs over a long term period of a year or so sandwiched between the Crysta and new Fortuner. It has absolutely everything going for it in every sense - great package, engine options and looks and a price & variant range that's compelling enough to draw from the Crysta as well as Fortuner.

The Figo / Aspire and very capable and very well priced in its segments. They've still not tasted outright success. When your closest siblings despite their capability are bombing, the Fiesta is unlikely to taste success. The i20 built its success on the back of years of success with models like Santro and i10.

Make no mistake - I am very impressed with Ford with the kind of offerings they have of late (Endy most of all) and I would really like them to taste the success they deserve. I'm just not sure at this juncture if they get it. To that end, I would understand if top management if they choose to not launch this here.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 18:05   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Fiesta for India?
Nope. Ford has well and truly buried the Fiesta offering for India.

Moreover, the Asian production of the Fiesta has been shifted to Thailand. (link)
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 16:18   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I personally like the styling - it's very understated and simple and should age well!

Yes - it does look a little bit like an MPV from some angles, but I still find it a lot more proportionate and palatable than the flourishing cross-over segment options that are there in the marketplace today.

I sincerely hope Ford India realizes that there is a market for premium hatches / super hatches and brings in the Fiesta ST - because as they should've learnt, Indians only buy Fords that handle well and look good, or are SUVs.
With better A.S.S. than VWAG, and a honestly FTD car - this could be a good successful mass-market performance hatch/sedan in the makings!

Last edited by tsk1979 : 29th June 2017 at 08:28.
Old 5th December 2016, 17:22   #20
Zed
BHPian

There something mazda-esque about the styling which is neither good or bad but just an observtion. The Fiesta is a popular choice here in Europe. Incidentally its on shortlist of cars my wife & I are considering for the kindergarten runs- although we are looking at used or pre-registered options. Ford has been getting it right with its recent launches and this one seems to be no different. Good levels of equipment, interesting bits of technology options in the drivetrain, good infotainment systems, fairly good re-sale value, good portfolio of products, a visible global brand - Ford has a lot going for it
Old 6th December 2016, 12:17   #21
BHPian

The styling of the Fiesta reminds me a lot of the Fiat Grande Punto. It's a good looking design.
Old 6th December 2016, 12:31   #22
BHPian

A little broad grille like Figo would have definitely made it look better. Nonetheless, it's not a very polarising design, rather conventional and evolutionary design.

What I really hate is, we are not getting Fiesta hatch in India. Elite i20, Baleno, Polo, Jazz compete in same category of Fiesta in Europe, still we are not allowed to experience it by Ford.

Infact, Ecosport is based on Fiesta platform and they still can't make use of it and give us Fiesta. Only in it's last iteration in India, it failed to get reasonable numbers, earlier it had decent numbers. Ford really killed the Fiesta brand, even Rapid, Linea are not able to make decent numbers still they are in market and this irritates me further.

Last edited by varunswnt : 6th December 2016 at 12:39.
Old 7th December 2016, 20:17   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Fiesta Sedan rendered,

All-new 2018 Ford Fiesta unveiled-31339186641_b48621c0fc_b.jpg
All-new 2018 Ford Fiesta unveiled-31339186221_da3174c89f_b.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 02:28   #24
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The present face-lifted one looks much better than this one. Though(as expected) the interiors are much improved over the present Fiesta.
Old 10th December 2016, 08:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

And here is the awesome WRC version by M-Sport. And with the go to match the show.

Quote:
More spectacular and more powerful than its predecessor, the top-specification Fiesta has undergone a complete redesign and 95 percent of the car has been designed from scratch to deliver more power, and more mechanical grip.

Producing 380 bhp and 450 Nm of torque from its bespoke Ecoboost-powered 1600cc direct injection engine and 36 mm inlet restrictor, the sound has to be heard to be believed.

A newly-designed six-speed sequential gearbox with hydraulic shift runs alongside a multi-disc clutch and an active centre differential offers enhanced control and performance.

Evolving further, redesigned MacPherson struts with Reiger external reservoir dampers are fully adjustable in bump and rebound, while ventilated brake discs with unique four-piston monoblock calipers provide the stopping power.
All-new 2018 Ford Fiesta unveiled-capture2.jpg
All-new 2018 Ford Fiesta unveiled-capture3.jpg
All-new 2018 Ford Fiesta unveiled-capture1.jpg

Source
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 10:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Here is Mat Watson with the new 2018 ST

I still haven't taken to that new shape for the grille and that's one really weird looking alloy.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Nice looking hatch this Fiesta. I never like Ford for silly reasons but I'd put my money on this one for the way it looks. The designers have got the aesthetic balance just right and I'm glad Ford's got rid of it's button clutter on the dashboard. To make a mass market hatch look appealing is no easy task given the wide target audience it caters to. I can imagine boy racers and suited fresher executives (men and women) warming up to this one. It's a tough act to follow for the designer when you gotta tread between mundane and quirky. I reckon Ford's designers have done themselves proud on this one. So what if it looked like an Aston? That's a good thing!
Old 29th June 2017, 08:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Here is Mat Watson with the new Fiesta in the ST-Line trim. And he looks mighty impressed!

deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 10:23   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Seat IBIZA seems a better alternate to the new Ford Fiesta, here is what car ? review,

All-new 2018 Ford Fiesta unveiled-capture.jpg

Link
Old 29th June 2017, 13:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Doesnt look bad on the outside. But then it wouldn't stand out at all especially in India in the midst of all the hatchbacks. Another passe design from Ford. The interior is good and it will feel good to the driver.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks