Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2016, 07:56   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America

Mod Note: Our EcoSport Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Ford EcoSport Baby SUV Debuts Ahead Of LA Auto Show - Not Yet Launched!

Quote:
Not Launched -That’s because you won’t actually find an EcoSport at an American Ford dealer until the first quarter of 2018
2018 Ford EcoSport Subcompact SUV With 1.0L And 2.0L Engines for US Market(both paired with a six-speed automatic), whereby the higher comes standard with 4x4 drive.

Redesigned EcoSport will be sold in Europe, and as facelift for the rest of the world.

However, the EcoSport facelift got exterior design cues from the Edge, new alloy wheels and modernized interior (3 SYNC infotainment system, Apple and Android CarPlay Auto, 8.0-inch screen, optional B & O PLAY audio system ...).

Also on offer will remain the spare wheel housed in the tailgate, as a cost option.

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-2018fordecosportt1.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-2018fordecosportt3.jpg

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-b.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-c.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-i.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-e.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-f.jpg
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-g.jpg

Link1
Link2

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2018 at 11:53. Reason: Link to review :)
volkman10 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 08:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

I really like the way it looks from the front. And the interior too except for that huge 8" touchscreen display sticking out of the dash like that.

4WD, 675-watt Bang & Olufsen 10-speaker sound system and Sync3 are excellent additions. Can also see a sunroof/ moonroof in the picture below. And I am pretty sure Ford India is not going to ditch that exposed spare wheel on the tailgate.

Exposed spare wheel is the new boot!

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-fordecosport_06_hr.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 16th November 2016 at 08:55. Reason: Merging both your posts
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 12:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift

Well I quite like the new one, but somwhow feel the fog lamps are a bit too outlandish, a conventional round one would have helped the SUV stance I guess.

Interiors are a huge step forward, with a floating touch screen like we see in Audis and Merc today. And I am guessing Ford would retain the spare wheel on the boot door like we have now - Indians like that.
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 14:12   #4
BHPian

Personally, I am so glad I didn't wait for the facelift. The exterior looks pretty similar and without the spare wheel, the rear looks 'meh'. Again, personally I don't like the concept of touch screen ICE in a car. It looks like the headlights are bigger than the current ones, else I would have liked to get those installed in my now older model Ecosport. The driver instrument panel/console looks interesting though.
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 14:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America

Ford has revealed the EcoSport facelift for the North American markets. The new EcoSport gets a revised front and rear, while retaining the car's compact dimensions. Ford is expected to bring the facelifted model to India later next year.

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-2017fordecosportfaceliftfrontthreequartersstudioimage.jpg

The new EcoSport features a comprehensively revised front fascia with a larger hexagonal grille, new headlamps and foglamps, a revised bumper and a faux skid plate. The hood too has been slightly changed as it now gets more character lines flowing up towards the windscreen. The side profile remains similar to that of the current model, save for the new set of alloys. At the rear, the US-spec version doesn't get the tailgate mounted spare wheel, though it will likely be present in the India-bound model.

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-2017fordecosportfaceliftrearthreequarters.jpg

The interiors have also been updated as the facelifted EcoSport now comes with a new steering wheel, updated instrument cluster, new centre console layout and body-coloured inserts. The new infotainment system gets an 8.0-inch touchscreen floating display with Ford's SYNC3 connectivity. It is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The US-spec model gets a 675-watt, 10-speaker sound system which includes B&O PLAY-branded tweeters and woofers in the front doors and a subwoofer in the back.

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-2017fordecosportfaceliftinteriordashboard.jpg

In the North American markets, the EcoSport facelift will continue to be offered with a choice of two petrol engines: a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder unit and a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder mill. Both these engines will be mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox, while the top-end 2.0-litre variant will also be available with an optional four-wheel drive system.

The facelifted Ford EcoSport is expected to go on sale in the US in early 2018.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 15th November 2016 at 14:42.
dZired is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 14:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

I have always liked the Ecosport for its baby-SUV look/stance. While overall the design upgrade looks handsome, the rear without the spare, looks very similar to S-Cross. To me, the S-Cross looks like a big hatchback or a low-slung estate car (eg: Baleno Altura). This comparison is not nice.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 15:02   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Personally, I am so glad I didn't wait for the facelift. The exterior looks pretty similar and without the spare wheel, the rear looks 'meh'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have always liked the Ecosport for its baby-SUV look/stance. While overall the design upgrade looks handsome, the rear without the spare,
India and Brazil are likely to retain the Spare wheel on the tailgate as standard while Europe and US will get this as optional.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 15:12   #8

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America

Finally! The EcoSport, IMO,was begging for an update.

The interiors are a huge jump from the current one as it feels more modern now. On the outside however, I like the current version better. The foglamps are placed too high for my liking. Anyways, I guess this car will be an even better contender to the Brezza in the Indian market. The Interior is where it will regain it's superiority by replacing the monochromatic screen with a touchscreen. The Brezza may lose it's throne now.

Last edited by SDP : 16th November 2016 at 07:52. Reason: Corrected a typo. Also please do not write one sentence on each line.
Hades1011 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 15:46   #9
BHPian

Much needed upgrades to the interior.
But I like the current one more for the external design. Somehow the redesigned front fascia doesn't look better than the current one (at least for me). I think loosing the tail mounted spare is also not a good move. It was the tail mounted spare , which gave the EcoSport its "SUV" character, without that, the new EcoSport looks hatchback-ish .
Just my opinion
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 16:28   #10
BHPian

Sharing a couple of pics from the Ford US website. It would look awesome with blackened headlamps. This update will divide EcoSport fans for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-1478549878603.jpg  

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-18b515_billboard_03_2160.jpg  

avingodb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 16:46   #11
BHPian

Indian version is not comparable with the US one
- LED Lighting
- Sync 3
- Moon Roof
- Heated Seats
- 8 inch navigation
- B&O Play HD audio
- BLIS wit Cross Traffic Alert
- Auto Start-Stop
Old 15th November 2016, 18:01   #12
Team-BHP Support

I'd have one in my garage right now if the spare was in the boot to begin with. I don't look at EcoSport as an SUV of any kind; it's just a raised hatchback that meets all my needs barring the impractical tail-mounted spare, which is a deal-breaker for me.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th November 2016 at 18:03.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 18:57   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Official videos, courtesy IAB:

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th November 2016 at 19:00.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 19:36   #14
BHPian

I still like the original one over this update.
The way the grills and the lights are placed above over the outgoing generation looks odd. The tail gate minus the wheel steals from its SUVish image of the outgoing model.
Somehow gives the feeling of being much smaller than it is and in the league of KUV100 despite not being from a segment above.
Skyline_GT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 22:48   #15
BHPian

Contrary to the current mood here, i kinda of like the front view of the refreshed Ecosport. I didn't really like the current gaping fish mouth design, so this mini Kuga/Escape look is very much welcome. Finally it depends on how it looks in person.
I think the Tailgate mounted spare wheel will remain for us Indians, so no worries about that(hopefully)

Am happy with the interiors, the Ecosport really needed a refresh but wondering how would the lower models without the touch screen look, hopefully they ditch the keypad phone inspired current theme.

I don't assume Ford managed to widen the rear bench to improve seating space? but hopefully they offer full black and/or beige-black and pass on most of the new features of the US spec(hopeful)

Last edited by SDP : 16th November 2016 at 07:55. Reason: Typos
rambo1o1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks