Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 10:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Indonesia: Updated Honda Mobilio launched; gets all-new interior

Honda has launched an updated version of the Mobilio MPV in Indonesia. The refreshed model gets alterations to the exterior and interior. The biggest change in the car is an all-new dashboard. The Mobilio drops the crude dashboard of the Brio and instead, opts for the dashboard design we have seen in the upcoming BR-V.

Features include new AC vents with silver accents, a digital AC display and a new blue backlit instrument cluster. The Brio-derived steering wheel has been retained, as has the beige and black interior colour theme. The RS grade gets all-black interiors. There's also a storage area where the rotary knobs are in the Mobilio that is currently sold in India.

On the outside, the MPV gets chrome bezels around the front fog lamps, new wheel designs and wing mirrors with integrated turn-indicators.

Mechanically, the Mobilio gets no changes in Indonesia. It is still offered with a 1.5-litre petrol engine that can be mated with a 5-speed manual or a CVT gearbox. The Indian Mobilio could greatly benefit from some of the updates, primarily the new dashboard. The low-cost Brio interior + Honda's premium pricing damaged the Mobilio's chances at a seminal stage, causing it to lag far behind the Maruti Ertiga.

Indonesia: Updated Honda Mobilio launched; gets all-new interior-2.jpg

Indonesia: Updated Honda Mobilio launched; gets all-new interior-4.jpg

Indonesia: Updated Honda Mobilio launched; gets all-new interior-1.jpg

Indonesia: Updated Honda Mobilio launched; gets all-new interior-3.jpg

Indonesia: Updated Honda Mobilio launched; gets all-new interior-5.jpg
Tushar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 11:21   #2
BHPian

Re: Indonesia: Updated Honda Mobilio launched; gets all-new interior

IMHO, along with the premium pricing, the biggest drawback for the Mobilio to fail miserably in India is because of its thin metal sheet thickness along with the super thin seats which doesnt inspire any confidence at all. Even with all the discounts being offered by the dealers on the mobilio (close to 1.5 Lakhs), they are still finding it difficult to clear the old stocks. Honda needs to get this right and if they continue with the same build on the upcoming BR-V, there are sure going to see another disaster.

I seriously doubt how by just changing the dashboard will attract more buyers.
samabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 12:32   #3
BHPian

At one point of time, I was keen to own Mobilio but after seeing the crude dashboard taken from Brio and Amaze on official BHP review I didn't even go for TD. It was big let off considering pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
IMHO, along with the premium pricing, the biggest drawback for the Mobilio to fail miserably in India is because of its thin metal sheet thickness along with the super thin seats which doesnt inspire any confidence at all. Even with all the discounts being offered by the dealers on the mobilio (close to 1.5 Lakhs), they are still finding it difficult to clear the old stocks. Honda needs to get this right and if they continue with the same build on the upcoming BR-V, there are sure going to see another disaster.

I seriously doubt how by just changing the dashboard will attract more buyers.
I agree with you on build quality of Mobilio, but all recent Honda cars (Brio, Amaze & City) have same thin sheet which has now become a USP of Honda. Even a minor scratch can result into big dent on car and owner's pocket.

Last edited by GTO : 21st January 2016 at 11:25. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
rakesht_ripps is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 13:58   #4
BHPian

It would be interesting to see how Honda can resurrect Mobilio's fortunes, if at all they can. But a fresh dashboard is better than nothing. They have spawned so many cars off the same platform, it would be difficult to start all over again.

Let's see what the BRV turns out to be. But if it is anything like the Mobiliio and Amaze, it may face some challenges in the market.
Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 14:22   #5
BHPian

I turned away from the Mobilio because of the non existing (adjustable) headrest on the front 2 seats.
Now I am eyeing the BRV, however if the Dash & seats are improved in the new Mobilio, that too will be considered while replacing my Innova in a few months.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 15:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

To me the Mobilio has the most beautiful looking Derriere after Maruti Suzuki Esteem but the Almond shaped headlamps and front grill continued from Amaze has completely ruined the looks of otherwise a good car.

The front looks uninspiring and like Etios and Liva and would have surely turned away many potential buyers. One can understand the logic wrt Amaze, Etios and Liva which are atleast VFM but definitely not for Mobilio.

I see BRV also going the same way, it have to be VFM to be accepted with that front.

No offense intended.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 11:28   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

We won't be seeing this dashboard on the Indian Mobilio anytime soon.

Why? Simply because it's from the BR-V. The Mobilio is a flop, and Honda has a lot riding on the BR-V. If this dash is offered on the Mobilio, when the BR-V is launched, people will walk away from the showroom saying 'same dashboard as the Mobilio'

Samurai's Japan Report

Honda updating the Indonesian Mobilio's dashboard so soon in its life tells me that the MPV has taken a hammering even there due to its cost-cutting.

Last edited by GTO : 21st January 2016 at 11:29.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 20:51   #8
BHPian

Delete, wrong thread

Last edited by aerohit : 1st February 2016 at 20:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks