Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2017, 08:37   #241
BHPian

Re: Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Season 2 Episode 1 is out. Anybody watched? I am planning to watch it tomorrow and it's the episode that everyone waited for.
Just finished watching it. It was a good episode overall, loved the scenery more than the cars personally( except the Rimac, that looked absolutely exquisite). The celebrity laps are back, the crash was kind of brushed off and they didn't talk much about it. They didn't have cameras after the finish apparently and the footage they show is from YouTube.
ROG_AK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 13:48   #242
Senior - BHPian

The first episode was a big MEH. The celebrity part still sucks a lot and I skipped the whole thing.

IMO this first episode was worse than their first season. Hope the others are better.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 14:36   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Season 2 Episode 1 is out. Anybody watched?
It's alright. Just focuses on the face-off between the three cars, which wasn't well written. Good that they've gotten rid of Celebrity Brain-crash and replaced it with the usual Celebrity driving around the track.
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 21:14   #244
Senior - BHPian

I watched #1 and quite liked it. Just don't expect too much about cars.

The jibes were hilarious and the crash which the whole world knows about now was handled well.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 07:49   #245
BHPian

Watched the first episode. With that kind of line up, they could ve done so much more. But we have to factor in hammonds crash. Usually what the boys do is, film the whole thing, cut out the boring parts and piece together all the interesting bits. I guess with the crash they were left short on material and ended up doing whatever they can to make a full episode. Atleast thats what i felt.
Old 9th December 2017, 08:42   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

I must admit I find The Grand Tour underwhelming compared to the trio's entertainment value while at Top Gear. I watched S2 E1 and continue to observe that The Grand Tour is more scripted, softer, and a theme appears disjointed in an episode.

I miss the spontainity, wit and sharper content from the trio while at Top Gear.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 12:12   #247
Senior - BHPian

Watched S2E01! I quite liked the new revised Grand Tour. Quite a few laughs. That Rimac definitely has changed my opinions about electric cars. Love the NSX too!

Hammond just kept going on after the finish and flipped the car. Don't know if that was a lapse in concentration. That looked quite gruesome. He's a lucky guy!!!

Looking forward to the next one.
Old 9th December 2017, 17:16   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched the episode. I felt that this new format is much better than the first season. But like many others mentioned, it felt more scripted this time especially James May's acting was a bit artificial at times. As for the cars, Rimac and Aventador S, no words to express them.

Looking forward to the next episode. But nothing can beat Top Gear and the trio's chemistry in that. 3rd time watching it now (reached Series 15) .
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 20:22   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched it. Loved it. This is much better than the first season. I am not even going to compare it to TG, because this is NOT TG.
I liked that the guests are back, though quite low profile ones compared to when TG was at its prime. I am sure its going to get better, and cant wait for when Goldberg is on!!

Richard, though, its amazing how he sounds more independent. much funnier in TGT.
Old 9th December 2017, 21:33   #250
Senior - BHPian

IMHO It was just OK, it's 3 oldies acting immature (feels too scripted now) and (to me) there was nothing truly amazing or fascinating about their journey like it used to be in Top Gear. Jeremy is gotten too old.

I'm not looking forward to spend 70 minutes on it anytime unless I'm forced to.
Old 11th December 2017, 11:50   #251
BHPian

Watched it ! but was not much impressed . Even though it's better than series 1 ,feels like it lacks the charisma of old Top Gear

In the old Top Gear, the comic timing and the dialogues were just more natural. Feels like the they are trying bit too much to be funny in Grand Tour which makes it little bit artificial if I think.

Biggest positives were getting rid off the stupid 'american' and the celebrity brain crash.
Old 11th December 2017, 12:43   #252
Senior - BHPian

Here's what I think is happening with the Trio.

@BBC, there were not supposed to say a lot of things, and they did exactly that, they made a mockery of the system (e.g the roads works - safety) which made them rebels in their own rights...i think this was what really pushed all of them.

With Amazon, they are free to do what they want to do, and hence are not against anything.

Also keep in mind these 3 are together for over 15 years, the jadedness will come in. But still when I compare these 3 to any other auto show - they are still generations ahead.

cheers,
ac
Old 11th December 2017, 19:43   #253
BHPian

The Grand Tour: Season 2 Montage

Here’s a look ahead of what you can expect in season 2.

P.S. Some say it's the best car show 'pause' in the world!

Last edited by jeevan007 : 11th December 2017 at 19:49.
Old 11th December 2017, 20:04   #254
BHPian

I liked the S2E1. I actually think this is very similar to the goofing around that they did on TG. I liked it much more than the S1. If this is a sign of things to come then I think they're getting back to where they were with TG.
Old 12th December 2017, 23:10   #255
Senior - BHPian

Watched S2E1 and liked it, its typical affair from the trio. Good to see the guests section back.

I do think they need to work on a better Intro music, the TG one was super catchy, GT one you hardly remember.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks