Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2016, 00:09   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Chris Evans replaces Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. EDIT: Evans steps down!

Never expected LeBlanc to be a racer, and genuinely quick!
Really enjoyed the 2nd episode.

You know, when the show itself it so good, dont mind that the host lacks a bit of charisma, he does makes up for it in enthusiasm.

Last edited by Hatari : 10th June 2016 at 00:11.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 19:30   #167
BHPian

The haters(read, JC fanbois), who did not watch S23E03, missed a truly epic episode!

If you discount Evans, everyone else is absolutely fantastic! Chris Harris and Rory, are probably gonna be the ones who end up rescuing new Top Gear, and Evans might just get the rear seat.

It is understood that Top Gear suffered a massive rating low, unfortunately during this episode, but, it's not because people have given up on it. It's because the Euro 2016 match was airing at the exact same time.

Loving the new team! So long, Uncle Clarkson!
MARCUS_520i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 21:31   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
The haters(read, JC fanbois), who did not watch S23E03, missed a truly epic episode!

If you discount Evans, everyone else is absolutely fantastic! Chris Harris and Rory, are probably gonna be the ones who end up rescuing new Top Gear, and Evans might just get the rear seat.

It is understood that Top Gear suffered a massive rating low, unfortunately during this episode, but, it's not because people have given up on it. It's because the Euro 2016 match was airing at the exact same time.

Loving the new team! So long, Uncle Clarkson!
Eternal "Fanboi" here
I liked Leblanc in the first episode itself. Only when he was reviewing alone though. When sharing the screen with Evans, he looks to have lost steam. There's something very very wrong with Evans, and the brass just might be ruing their decision with him.
Get rid of Evans, put Joey at the head, and this may turn out good, though still not tg.
Ps:did anyone find the rewritten power lap board a little petty?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 23:12   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Get rid of Evans, put Joey at the head, and this may turn out good, though still not tg.
I don't think they would do that. Uncle Sam replacing Her Majesty? oh no! Blasphemy!
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 11:36   #170
Senior - BHPian

Things are looking bad for Evans.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lar-hosts.html
Old 15th June 2016, 11:40   #171
Senior - BHPian

Havent even bothered to see the latest episode. TopGear is dead as far as I am concerned.
Old 15th June 2016, 12:12   #172
Senior - BHPian

Joey and Chris Harris have actually been great so far. I really liked the F12 TDF review by Chris Harris. Bin Evans and it should be a decent watch.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 14:55   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

I liked the 2nd episode, mostly because of Matt and the utterly make-you-weak-in-the-knees F1 LT.
I liked Jensen too.
But that race. As far as specials go, the original Africa special is way up there. And I just couldnt help compare. Can you imagine the shenanigans the other three would have pulled?
I think this show is developing, but it's more and more clear that it is never going to be as appealing as the previous one to fans like us. I am sure its building its own acceptance, though.

Someone commented that the at least the visuals people have stayed. Have they? It doesn't look as sophisticated so far.
Old 17th June 2016, 15:37   #174
Senior - BHPian

After watching episode 3, I so want a Focus RS. 350 Hp in a hatch and it has a 'DRIFT' button !!!

I am enjoying the show as a car show and I am not comparing it to the old Top Gear.
fiat_tarun is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 22:26   #175
Senior - BHPian

I finally got around to watching one and now I see what all the fuss was about!
When the new Top Gear was announced, I was still plenty excited about it, specially Matt and Chris Harris. Unlike the many, who wrote the show off even before it came out with even a teaser, I was really looking forward to it.
So what did I think? Well, I just saw the 3rd episode and without a doubt the best part was the F12tdf film by none other than Chris Harris. Breathtaking! Kevin Hart was a riot to watch too. And so was Ken Block. And Rory.
But that's about it. I hated the rest of it! Chris Evans is so loud! Somebody please ask him to stop yelling. And I was really disappointed with Matt's performance. Maybe because I still see him as Joey Tribiani from Friends. But overall, I am disappointed with the show.
The only thing I will be watching will be Chris Harris' stuff. And Rory's. That's it.
Oh and Harris is getting his new solo super slidey Top Gear show with Neil, so yay!
Old 20th June 2016, 03:46   #176
BHPian

To be honest, I liked the 4th episode tonight. I think the comparison with earlier seasons especially with the hosts, is now dying down with each new episode. And I am beginning to accept that major change now and treating it as another show. Less screen (or scream) time for Chris Evans has also helped i guess.
I would suggest to all my fellow bhpians to try and stop comparing and enjoy the new season. It is still better than many on Indian TV channels. I am sure we all agree on that :-)
kopakabana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 09:08   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
without a doubt the best part was the F12tdf film by none other than Chris Harris. Breathtaking!
Oh and Harris is getting his new solo super slidey Top Gear show with Neil, so yay!
Cannot agree with you more. Chris Harris and his presentation just makes you love the cars. Good that they have retained his charm in at least his section. His enthusiasm describing the aerodynamic elements was like a child being excited on seeing his new toy. The other parts of the episode were too loud to suit my taste.
Old 20th June 2016, 15:24   #178
Senior - BHPian

I am not a fanboy but here is my take on the new series.

The TG isn't the same after the trio left, now why would I say so?

I watched the show with a very open mind and kind of liked the first episode a bit, especially since I felt the Burma special was too predictable, especially the humour, I knew they would fill Hammond's bucket with pee, the hole show gave us a feeling of those WWF fights we used to watch as kids. Now I really liked Matt from friends and I was expecting him to take care of the humour department, you can actually count the number to things he said in the whole episode. Chris is someone who you hate genuinely if you like the previous TG and were a fan but he was much better than what I expected him to be, But there is a bit of an issue. He is putting a conscious effort to bring out the humour but he over does it most of the times, I cannot believe he was lying down with sabine Schmitz at the laguna seca discussing the race, its not so manly way to doing things we are used to, I hate it when they were introducing the stig in the 2nd episode, why on earth do they have to keep the format same?

They had legendry show left back by the guys who had over 2.5 million viewers world wide, they could have done a million things to make it even better, they kept the format same, I especially hated the reliant robin bit in the first episode, why the hell was that even there?

I think the TG America and TG Australia does a better job than what these guys do. It will die a natural death, and new anchors will come and the format will eventually change, my question is why not from the first episode?

Imagine your favourite restaurant closed out due to some management issue and the new management comes and tells you it is going to be great and in many ways better than the old and tries to sell you the same wine, they never knew it was not the food that you visited there regularly, it was a combination of things, the live music was great, the food was awesome, the owner was a cool guy and most importantly you felt at ease when you visited the place, they had a great real estate with a lot a anxious customers, who were patiently waiting to see what the new management would bring onboard, but they were disappoining, they didn't change a thing and they are trying to do everything in the old fashion but with new faces, duh!

I am already seeing people moving away, not even one person online saying good things apart from some here, for the ones who really liked the show couldn't watch the new version, I couldn't watch the second episode completely, reason I couldn't stand it, its just pathetic how these people never really understood the recipe that they were serving us for more than 1 decade. Just pathetic. Not for a true petrolhead anymore.

Pramod
Old 20th June 2016, 19:00   #179
Team-BHP Support

After seeing 3 episodes, I quite like it

Great photography, they have brought in some good proper drivers. Matt LB has a nice dry sense of humour. Chris Evans is a wash out but methinks he will fade out slowly.

Its not bad but you need to respect the fact that it is a different show with the same name.

Bit like having a stepmother bearing your family name. She's different, she's not your mother but with some effort and open mindedness, we will get on!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 19:18   #180
BHPian

Saw the 2nd episode few days back, but am still disappointed.

Touted as 'new' , it still copies the same formula , almost to the minute, including trying to imitate the same style of photography .It might have helped if they had shuffled the segments around a bit or presented a fresh perspective. MLB is okay so far, but CE still carries on like a teenager with ADHD. Overall...not too appealing to me yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks