Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2015, 22:21   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China

Mod Note: Our Verna Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

The all-new, fifth generation Hyundai Verna (also known as the Accent & the Solaris) has been snapped up while parked inside a building in South Korea. The car is scheduled to hit showrooms worldwide by 2017.

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-____yc.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-____yc_002.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-____yc_010.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-____yc_004.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-____yc_011.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-____yc_008.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-____yc_006.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-____yc_003.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-____yc_009.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-____yc_012.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-_3.jpg

Quote:
The new spy shots do not allow us to discover significant differences compared to the current model, but confirmed the slight increase in length, with changes even lower to maximize interior space.
The Accent is already quite full and only the plastic protective not allow us to grasp all the details, including the likely transition from vertical to horizontal for the taillights and the new hexagonal front grille.
No indication also on the range of engines, which could still take advantage of the current range and introducing a new 1.0 Kappa TCi 3-cylinder petrol with tubo and delivering 106 hp and more availability of the 7-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT).
SOURCE - Sumao (via The Korean Car Blog)

Last edited by GTO : 1st December 2017 at 12:45. Reason: Linking to our review :)
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 10:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China

The car-parazzi in South Korea have just snapped close range images of the next generation Hyundai Verna. The face-lifted version of the C-segment sedan will be launched in India next month, but Hyundai is already developing the new edition for global markets.

Power-train options remain speculation for now as does the time of launch in India. A few reports suggest a launch in 2016, given that the next Delhi auto expo will be held that year.

Link to Team-BHP news article
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 11:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Cant wait to see this beauty on our roads! Hyundai seems to be going from strength to strength! City has shown that the right model & positioning will set the charts on fire here - Verna seems to be gearing up jsut for that bigger piece of the cake!

PS: Xcent has already taken over "Accent" legacy?!! Verna is a nice name, nonetheless!
Old 28th January 2015, 11:45   #4
D C
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2015 at 12:44.
Old 28th January 2015, 12:50   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whoever shot this car clearly had a lot of time with it. I'm surprised that the gentleman hasn't clicked a single interior shot . I mean, you bend down and shoot the underbody, but not something as important as the dashboard (as camo'ed as it might be)? Seems a bit suspicious to me

Meanwhile, the current Verna will be launched in its facelifted version next month. Guess it's the final round of updates before this next-gen car comes around.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 13:05   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Whoever shot this car clearly had a lot of time with it. I'm surprised that the gentleman hasn't clicked a single interior shot . I mean, you bend down and shoot the underbody, but not something as important as the dashboard (as camo'ed as it might be)? Seems a bit suspicious to me
If you see the second picture it is clear that the interior which you could see from the windshield has been 'hazed out'.

So seems these spy shots are probably taken by Hyundai insiders to let people know that the all new Verna is on its way, but preventing the competition to know what they can expect from this all new variant.

Last edited by karan561 : 28th January 2015 at 13:09.
karan561 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 18:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Great to see that the new gen car is on its way. Hyundai will find it hard to give the car a revolutionary look as the current one is already very modern looking. I guess it will be an evolutionary design like the new Honda City.
Expect the new design language as far as the front grill is concerned (already seen on the sonata and santa fe) and expect a step up in interior features and quality which will bring in moolah for Hyundai

The new car should get launched in 2016 and i guess the India facelift of the current car will be around for just about a year.
Old 29th January 2015, 15:54   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Hyundai will find it hard to give the car a revolutionary look as the current one is already very modern looking. I guess it will be an evolutionary design like the new Honda City.
Going by the Grand i10, Elite i20 & Santa Fe, Hyundai might actually tone it down. The Verna & Eon were too 'fluidic'. The i20 is perhaps the best example of a design that keeps it clean yet contemporary.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 16:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Going by the Grand i10, Elite i20 & Santa Fe, Hyundai might actually tone it down. The Verna & Eon were too 'fluidic'. The i20 is perhaps the best example of a design that keeps it clean yet contemporary.
True GTO. But the disappointing sales of the new generation Sonata in the USA has sent Hyundai back to the drawing board and they are fast tracking the facelift (within a year of the launch). Customers don't seem to find the new toned down styling appealing and thats why its not lived up to expectations.
The i20 though is a great example of what mature fluidic styling can achieve.
Old 29th January 2015, 16:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Verna in its coming form had been losing the battle with the City and the Ciaz.

Purely from a personal look point of viw, I would rate :
Verna>Ciaz>City.

Yet, the poor dynamics of the Verna sort of killed the product.

With the Solaris inspired Verna facelift in the corner, I do not see any major changes to its sales as this facelift sort of reminds me of the stopgap "Verna-Transform" days.

2017 and a completely new Verna is what this wait is all about and as GTO correctly mentioned, Hyundai may adopt an evolution rather than any radical outlook.
Old 29th January 2015, 16:57   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

With the Solaris inspired Verna facelift in the corner, I do not see any major changes to its sales as this facelift sort of reminds me of the stopgap "Verna-Transform" days.

Have read that Hyundai has made some changes to the steering linkages and assistance system to enable the car to deliver better feel to the driver. They may have tweaked the suspension too a bit.

So eagerly waiting for the 16th Feb Launch.
Old 5th January 2016, 13:06   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Next gen Verna spied in China!

Name:  1.png
Views: 8401
Size:  189.3 KB

Name:  untitled.png
Views: 7769
Size:  206.8 KB

Quote:
Despite the heavy camouflage, the publication reports that the new Verna does not get a brand new exterior design. The car is said to look familiar to the current model, and the side profile is said to be nearly identical to the current Verna, save for the inclusion of the rear quarter glass.

The interior of the new Verna is where the most number of enhancements are expected to be seen. One of them is the rear AC vent that has become a common feature in the cars in its segment. Other changes would include a new seat upholstery, revised cabin trims, optimised instrument cluster and an upgraded infotainment system likely with an in-built navigation system
http://indianautosblog.com/2016/01/n...c-vents-209904

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th January 2016 at 13:08.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 14:57   #13
Team-BHP Support

In the all new 2017 version, I do hope improve on the following aspects. To me these are the most important personally.

- ride quality
- steering feedback
- 5 or 6 speed A/Ts, in both fuel options.

Needless to say, I do hope ABS / Airbags are standard fare for a product in this segment.

Hyundai seem to be going backwards on some of these aspects of late.
Old 31st March 2016, 15:26   #14
Team-BHP Support

Here are some more images of the next-generation Hyundai Accent / Verna from South Korea.

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-1.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-2.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-3.jpg

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-4.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Source: Auto Tribune
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 14:34   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna Concept at Auto fair Beijing China.
First look at the design of the next generation 2017 Hyundai Verna (or Accent/Solaris in other markets), which will arrive in India next year.

SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-hyundaivernaconceptfrontthreequarterattheautochina2016live1024x682.jpg
SPIED: Next-generation 2017 Hyundai Verna. EDIT: Unveiled in China-hyundaivernaconceptrearquarterattheautochina2016live1024x682.jpg

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/2...na-2016-229307

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th April 2016 at 14:36.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks