Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Land Rover Discovery Concept. EDIT: Now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
However, hate this family design theme! Every other Land Rover is getting the Evoque face nowadays.
Yes the earlier designs were more broad faced and butch looking. But McGovern had to make his newer LR designs with lower and more rakish profiles in order to reduce drag and also taking into account increasing pedestrian safety regulations.
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:14   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Some detailed interior shots;

Land Rover Discovery Concept. EDIT: Now unveiled-2015landroverdiscoverysport_14.jpg

Land Rover Discovery Concept. EDIT: Now unveiled-2015landroverdiscoverysport_13.jpg

Land Rover Discovery Concept. EDIT: Now unveiled-2015landroverdiscoverysport_15.jpg

I am kinda excited for this product, as i read that this will be offered with an optional 6 speed M/T

Source
karan561 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 19:44   #18

It’s priced on the same level as that of the X3 and the Q5 in the UK.
I had spoken to a sales guy at the JLR dealership a while back, he told me that the question with JLR is how they’ll manage to accommodate the assembly of the Discovery Sport in India with the launch of the XE.
If they manage to launch this as a CKD, this looks like a very attractive option
Old 3rd September 2014, 23:36   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Land Rover releases the first pictures of its new Discovery Sport, which goes on sale in January and replaces the Freelander.
This one looks good. Outgoing Freelander is not bad either but I feel it has evolved rather nicely. Less boxier than the current model but still manages to look as solid.
Old 4th September 2014, 10:06   #20
BHPian

The uniqueness to the RR was the evergreen sturdy boxy design. That evergreen design concept is lost from RR, now it looks like an ordinary SUV, from the pictures posted in the 1st post, the side profile reminds me the Toyota fortuner and the front 3/4th angle reminds me a storme (only God knows whether RR used the Storme or Storme used the leaked RR design).
Old 5th September 2014, 22:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Old 28th September 2014, 10:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Land Rover Discovery Concept. EDIT: Now unveiled

Guys i spotted a camouflaged Discovery Sport in ring road Bangalore.Sorry could not capture the picture as it passed in opposite direction.
With camouflage it looked like a larger Evoque.

I guess the India launch is somewhere nearby.
Old 29th September 2014, 12:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
It’s priced on the same level as that of the X3 and the Q5 in the UK.
If they manage to launch this as a CKD, this looks like a very attractive option
That is a bit of a downer actually. If i remember, the outgoing Freelander was just in between a Q3 and a Q5 in terms of pricing (around the 38-45 lakh range). If this new model is going to go upwards towards the 50 lakh range its going to be quite disappointing. Really had my eye on the new Freelander as my next purchase.

Love the looks of it. Yes its disappointing that all Range Rovers and Land Rovers are moving towards the evoque look. Cant complain though.
Old 29th September 2014, 14:54   #24
Team-BHP Support

IMHO the Discovery Sport is looking much better than the Freelander 2. The Freelander 2 does not have the road presence of a Land Rover.
Old 20th January 2015, 10:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Land Rover has confirmed that they will launch the Discovery Sport SUV in India this year. The launch is set to take place in August 2015. Internationally, the Discovery Sport is offered with both petrol and diesel engines. However, the Indian model is expected to only feature the 2.2-litre diesel and not the Si4 2.0-litre petrol.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Land Rover Discovery Concept. EDIT: Now unveiled-landroverdiscoverysport1024x680.jpg
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 16:05   #26
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Land Rover Discovery Sport to launch very soon, assembly is going on in full swing at the JLR facility in Pune.

Cannot mention the source of info, but it has come from a very reliable source.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 16:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Land Rover Discovery Sport to launch very soon, assembly is going on in full swing at the JLR facility in Pune.

Great news. Hopefully the pricing is around 45L (showroom), which would put it just a bit below the Evoque. Would be surprised to see it similarly priced or even higher priced than the Range Rover.
Old 28th April 2015, 23:00   #28
Team-BHP Support

LR has just announced that the new Ingenium diesel engines will be offered in the Discovery Sport – in some markets . The seven-seat off-roader will be offered with the 2.0-liter diesel four, mated to either a manual or automatic transmission, and in two states of tune: one with 148 horsepower and the other with 177. With the more powerful of the two, the Discovery Sport will be able to reach 62 miles per hour in 8.9 seconds and top out at 117 mph, while the most economical version is claimed to return 57.7 miles per gallon (on the European cycle, at any rate).

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/28/l...icial/#image-7
Old 30th April 2015, 12:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Land Rover has officially confirmed that the Discovery Sport will be offered with the all new Ingenium diesel engine. The engine is a 2.0L, 4-cylinder mill that produces either 148 BHP and 380 Nm of torque or 178 BHP and 430 Nm of torque. The Ingenium diesel engine will replace the current diesel mill in EU6 markets and will first be available in European markets and South Korea from May 2015.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Land Rover Discovery Concept. EDIT: Now unveiled-cgi_ingenium_engine_lowres.jpg
Old 30th April 2015, 18:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

Guys trust //M on this one!

And its really interesting to see a product which to me looks like a more approachable RR Sport, is loaded with features and seats 7.
What's not making me happy is the engine that will be put on offer in India, its the same unit that was found on the Freelander 2, IMHO it is anything but refined, and sounds really gruff! Definitely doesn't suit a vehicle that will cost upwards of 60 lakh OTR, which, going by the Freelander 2's pricing and that of all newer LRs, I think it definitely will!

Also what about the reliability of the engine and the gearbox? I hear a lot about Land Rovers being unreliable, never heard anything about the cheaper ones though!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks