Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2015, 16:56   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: The next-gen 2015 Skoda Superb

Fantastic looking car! And this new design should help people perceive it as more of an owner/self-driven car than a purely chauffeur-driven car. The old Superb was just too limo-like.

It's sized and equipped like the Audi A6, packs the punch of an A4, and its priced like an A3! Sounds like the deal of the decade to me!
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 17:49   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Virtual boot pedal! Nice!
I had the same reaction during the launch of Superb II worldwide. This virtual boot pedal feature was introduced in Superb II IIRC. But sadly, like all other cars that make it to our shore with half or more of the goodies stripped out, that feature never made it here. Usually they wait till we lose all hope that these things will never make it to our market before they decide to launch (if it ever happens!) their great cars with all these features in India, almost all the makers. Of course when we have to spend double the worth of their products here due to import duties, they need to find ways to offer it at a sensible price right. Maker is not really at fault.
Old 20th February 2015, 21:06   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
This virtual boot pedal feature was introduced in Superb II IIRC.
If I remember correctly, VAG got that feature in the last gen Passat, but got omitted in the India version.

Irrespective of whether some of these comfort features stay on, the new Superb looks to have the potential to be a game changer in its segment (once again).
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 15:19   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish Skoda improve the cushy-ness of the ride at in the rear suspension making it happier for the rear seat wallahs. With its leg space and features the Superb is as great car to be driven around in. If they improve on their after sales service I would not mind replacing my current Superb with this new one when it comes.
Old 21st February 2015, 15:59   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
It's sized and equipped like the Audi A6, packs the punch of an A4, and its priced like an A3! Sounds like the deal of the decade to me!
^ Well said there

With all the above mentioned Audis (non Quattros) being FWD they make no sense at all, hence its Superb all the way for me
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 17:14   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

This car looks incredible. If it is introduced with good petrol options (I hope they don't downgrade to a 1.4 TSi and retain a 1.8/2.0 TSi option with more power than the current one), it would become a strong contender for replacing my existing Superb (despite all the quality issues I have had).
Hayek is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 18:02   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
This car looks incredible. If it is introduced with good petrol options (I hope they don't downgrade to a 1.4 TSi and retain a 1.8/2.0 TSi option with more power than the current one), it would become a strong contender for replacing my existing Superb (despite all the quality issues I have had).
I don't think Skoda will pamper us with more than 2 engine options. The 1.8 TSI and 2.0 TDI (with slightly higher state of tune than the current car) is what we can expect. There is talk of a 2.0L 280 HP 4WD version for Europe. That will be some car .

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 21st February 2015 at 18:03.
Old 21st February 2015, 18:58   #83
BANNED

The new Octavia makes the new and the old Jetta almost redundant.

Except for the catch – only 1500 kits were made available to India in 2014 going upto 1750 kits in 2015.

The new Superb will almost certainly make the Passat and the A4 2.0L redundant and will give the A6 2.0L a run for its money.

Wonder what catch VW will dial in to the Superb's formula to spoil the party.

VW can’t seem to digest the fact that Skoda is doing better than them even though they are the underdog in the group.

Well VW, its just that Skoda is Simply Cleverer than you.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 01:42   #84
Senior - BHPian

What a fantastic design. I would rate it as one of the best I have seen this year. The sharp lines and creases do a fabulous job of masking the length of the car. The design gives the car a restrained aggression and a dynamic look.

I especially love how the crease over the doors breaks over the front fenders to almost form an overhang over them. The taillights, typically an afterthought in many designs these days also gel with the overall design and do not give you the feeling that the designers ran out of creativity at the back.

The Passat is dead. BMW and Mercs would be given a run for their money...well not quite...Skoda still have their service act to clean up until which they might as well launch the world's best product but would still not sell at the numbers they desire. Except perhaps for the Fabia all their products have been top drawer in terms of placment, pricing and features.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Shibu.
Old 23rd February 2015, 15:15   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a short walk-through of the new superb.

Courtesy - ACI

naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 15:59   #86
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note: Our Superb Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2016 at 18:27. Reason: Link to review
samyakmodi is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks