Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post

However, 60-65 lacs seems rather high don't you think? The sweet spot pricing should be 20-22 lacs for the V6, 25-27 for the 4 pot eco boost and 30-33 lacs for the V8. The whole point of a muscle car is that it should be accessible to the general public. Granted that these prices are beyond the reach of a large majority of the car buying Indian public. But the On-road price of a 65 lakh rupee car in Bangalore will be around 80 lakhs, at which point the mustang will find few takers. For a lifestyle car, that price point starts putting it within a 9 iron to M4/Nissan GTR prices which may make many to save up more money and buy those instead. It will also be more expensive than V6 options from the 5/E/6 series which are more practical as well as prestigious and many Mustang customers will be lost.
Though I would love it if Ford sold the mustang at your prices it is highly unlikely due to our import duty structures. Also since the engines are all above 300Bhp and will be imported as CBU (most likely) my price figures are close.

The price I mentioned is the OTR price for their top end V8 model which seems fair considering that it's supposed to be competing with another car in the same price range which is the Nissan 370z sold at 68 lakhs OTR in bangalore.

Also the Mustang will be Fords Halo car here in India unlike in US where it is sold as an affordable mass market sports car. Ford will definitely not expect huge sale of this model in India but they should still bring it here for enthusiasts like us and this will also help in boosting their image.

I know Mr. Alan Mulally would have tried to get this car in India if we would have requested , not so sure about the new Mr. Mark Fields though
Old 23rd August 2014, 12:12   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Though I would love it if Ford sold the mustang at your prices it is highly unlikely due to our import duty structures. Also since the engines are all above 300Bhp and will be imported as CBU (most likely) my price figures are close.

The price I mentioned is the OTR price for their top end V8 model which seems fair considering that it's supposed to be competing with another car in the same price range which is the Nissan 370z sold at 68 lakhs OTR in bangalore.

Also the Mustang will be Fords Halo car here in India unlike in US where it is sold as an affordable mass market sports car. Ford will definitely not expect huge sale of this model in India but they should still bring it here for enthusiasts like us and this will also help in boosting their image.
Alas you may be correct in re to pricing. However, even Halo cars are of no use if you don't spot them on the road. Nissan lost the ticket with the 370Z; if they had managed to price it at 40-50 lacs on road (not an impossible task considering that pricing is still 1.5-2 times the market value in other countries), it would have sold decent numbers and may have truly made Nissan an aspirational brand in India. Most of India has no clue what the 370Z even is.

For Ford too this kind of pricing strategy will be a shot in the foot. They desperately need the Focus and Mondeo in the market. You make the Mustang an accessible lifestyle car, price it in a reasonable manner, launch the Mondeo and the Focus in this country and their fortunes may just change overnight! Get the pricing wrong and again 95% of India won't even know what a Mustang is. The entire point of a halo car is visibility. If its too common it doesn't help. If its too rare it won't help. If Ford treat this launch as a Hail Mary instead of an Ephedrine shot they'll lose their way again.

Ford is never going to make money with the kind of business model the premium and luxury manufacturers follow in India. Even the Japs are struggling in the premium segments. Skoda and VW are soon going to have negligent Octavia, Jetta, Superb and Passat sales. The Teana, Accord and Camry never took off. How many people would buy an Elantra or Corolla over the Octavia? Each passing year makes the three big Germans more and more expensive.

The markets really can not sustain this for very long. The average Indian customer is slowly maturing and if Ford comes in with first mover advantage of a quality car at a reasonable price (price everything on par with UK) then they will very quickly start making some serious dough in this country.

Last edited by imp! : 23rd August 2014 at 12:13.
Old 28th September 2014, 19:08   #48
BHPian

Hello All,

I had a chance to look at this car in flesh yesterday at an auto show.
I should admit that it the Stang in Red was hard to get your eyes away from.

Here are some pics that I managed to click after some effort to find space through the madness of the crowds around.

The Ford Stall at the expo

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-board.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-board.jpg

The Special 50 badging

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-gt-50-badge.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-50-side.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-1.jpg

Boot space is not too bad for a car of this gene

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-boot.jpg

The Alloys

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-alloy.jpg

Side Profile

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-another-side-3.jpg

A few Pics of the wicked heart within

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-engine-1.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang2.jpg

The source of the power

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-powerd-ford.jpg

The gorgeous face

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-front.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-front-2.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-internet-headlight.jpg

A few pics taken from the internet to show the look in natural light as the pictures from my camera have suffered a bit from all the gloss around.

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-internet-2.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-internet-3.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-internet1.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-read-light-internet.jpg

Back to the pictures from the expo,

Rear Lights when switched on

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-rear-lights.jpg

The jaw dropping interiors

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-interior-1.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-interior-2.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-interior-3.jpg

Another view

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustung-bonet.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-ford-mustang-full-side-view.jpg

Folks interested to view some other pictures from the expo can find them in the thread below shortly.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ng-mexico.html

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 11:13   #49
BHPian

GT 350 Mustang 2015 is now unveiled.

The sound of the engine note at the end of the video gave me chills, remember this one is from company couldn't imagine how an aftermarket ones are going to sound like.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-gt350.jpg  

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-gt350..jpg  

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-gt350...jpg  

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-gt350....jpg  

Old 13th January 2015, 15:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Ford has officially revealed the "most race-ready road-legal Mustang ever". Christened the Shelby GT350R, the limited edition pony car is aimed at outright performance and features design changes to make it lighter, more agile and more powerful.

Beginning with the weight savings, Ford has removed the air conditioning, infotainment system, rear seats, trunk floorboard and carpet, backup camera and emergency tire sealer and inflator. An optional Electronics Package is available to add such creature comforts. The exhaust resonators have also been removed to make it easier on the scales, while providing a sharper exhaust tone. The GT350R also gets carbon fibre wheels as standard, wrapped around by Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres. Ford says changes such as these ones, have made the GT350R nearly 59 kgs lighter than the Shelby GT350 Track Pack model.

Link to Team-BHP news article

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-9622826261589547222.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-18186939641136529749.jpg

2015 Ford Mustang - Leaked! Edit : Now officially revealed.-4335297951170619561.jpg
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 17:08   #51
BHPian

Can't wait to see this beast on Indian roads. My next car will most probably be a GT 5.0L V8. As far as the pricing is concerned, the Ford US website shows a price of around USD 33000. Even if the Import Duty rate of 125% for CBU cars is taken, we should see the 5L V8 priced below INR 50L.
I just hope Ford starts some local assembly soon and enable many of us to realize the dream of owning this classic before all our hairs turn grey!!
Old 8th June 2016, 14:03   #52
BHPian

Motortrend : Why are Ecoboost Mustangs getting slower?

Came across this article today morning.

After seeing the more power Mustang Ecoboost thrashed by the 4 Pot Camaro.

Comparo Source link below.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/compa...tang-ecoboost/

I was hoping they would do this investigation. Too bad they do not have any results to show.

Motortrend claims that they have been noticing a worrying trend in 0-60 and quarter mile times of the Ecoboost Mustang.

From originally tested reports of 5.6 seconds and 14.1 seconds respectively, the newer cars seem to give a best time of 6.3 seconds and 14.5 seconds respectively.

Would it be only down to the performance package installed? The magazine is not very sure.

Source Link
http://www.motortrend.com/news/ecobo...etting-slower/

As a layman, one thought that came to me is:

Do manufactures gradually downrate high strung motors for long term reliability?

Do any other theories come to your minds?

Last edited by rohitoasis : 8th June 2016 at 14:09. Reason: Added the last line.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks