Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2013, 01:47   #1
nbr
BHPian

Unveiled: Next generation Nissan X-Trail

Next to the Germans, I don’t think there’s another manufacturer who’s been pushing out as much as new product as Nissan. Granted, most of it is very dull but you have to give them credit, the lineup has been refreshed from top to bottom. Well, with one exception: the venerable X-Trail crossover.

I just wish Nissan launches this Hottie in India which will give Fortuner a run for its money
Attached Thumbnails
Unveiled: Next generation Nissan X-Trail-nissan-xtrail-front.jpg  

Unveiled: Next generation Nissan X-Trail-nissan-xtrail-front1.jpg  

Unveiled: Next generation Nissan X-Trail-nissan-xtrail-rear.jpg  

Unveiled: Next generation Nissan X-Trail-nissan-xtrail-rear1.jpg  

nbr is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 02:10   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)
re: Unveiled: Next generation Nissan X-Trail

Okay this has to be the only Nissan that looks nice in recent years. Do hope they launch it here too. Oh and is it just me or does anyone else see the striking resemblance to the Lexus rear?
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 06:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
Next to the Germans, I don’t think there’s another manufacturer who’s been pushing out as much as new product as Nissan. Granted, most of it is very dull but you have to give them credit, the lineup has been refreshed from top to bottom. Well, with one exception: the venerable X-Trail crossover.

I just wish Nissan launches this Hottie in India which will give Fortuner a run for its money
Very Murano-esque....as if the Murano has been watered-down and made accessible in terms of positioning and pricing through morphing it into an X Trail!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 09:20   #4
BHPian

Well, at first look it looks like a Terrano to me. Then i realised that this is the X-Trail.

Both the vehicles have similar(not same) looking front end, bulges and rear. If you visit http://www.nissanterrano.in/ page, both the vehicles have similar styling ques especially for the first snap above.

Not sure who borrowed from whom.
somitra1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 09:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

First Nissan converted the old school Pathfinder into a sissy crossover and now they have done it again with the X-Trail.

Im glad Toyota is sticking to its roots of true 4WD vehicle except the RAV4.
Parm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 09:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There is no way this puny SUV would compete with the likes of Fortuner, Endeavour, etc. at least in India where size does matter.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 10:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

I for one like the current gen box-style, raw design of the X-Trail. This one looks rather subdued and is more suited to a soft-roader than an off-roader. The Lexus'ish rear looks nice but Nissan could rather just have used design cues from the Infiniti line of SUV's instead if they were so desperate to make it look like a gentle giant.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 10:06   #8
BHPian

Quote:

Oh brother, Nissan is slowly losing the plot one butch look at a time. That car is so tame looking. It might work for Europe but no way is it India ready.

And please that thing giving the Fortuner a run, it doesn't stand a chance.
Old 11th September 2013, 11:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nissan should have done a tweak to the existing XTrail and got rid of the quirky elements. There is a market for reasonably sized/priced SUV, but hardly any takers for an overpriced compact import with no sales.

The new XTrail tries too hard to incorporate the Infiniti design traits and ended up with a product with a design thats just too busy. I hope they keep the design old school for the production version.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 13:25   #10
BHPian

Quote:
..... which will give Fortuner a run for its money
Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Oh brother, Nissan is slowly losing the plot one butch look at a time.....And please that thing giving the Fortuner a run, it doesn't stand a chance.
Let's not make conclusion without seeing a comparison review. Going by the looks, definitely stylish and SUVish to ME. Being a 7 seater I don't expect this to be as small as the existing X-Trail, and if it is to be priced brilliantly in India, oh yeah it's gonna give fortuner a run for it's money for sure !!!

Also, the head lamp has striking similarity with the new Merc E-Class, don't they ?
sajusherief is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 13:37   #11
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Liked the looks of the previous xtrail more. This is too soft and with the Terrano already here don't see this one coming as well. It will not sell and definitely will not trouble the Fortuner. They are very different vehicles with only similar pricing and for the Indian mind-set and usage pattern the Fortuner is better.
Old 11th September 2013, 18:41   #12
BHPian

Re: Unveiled: Next generation Nissan X-Trail

It looks good by itself, but it is not a worthy successor to the previous x trail. Looks too tame and mellow for that. Micra looks tame, but as a hatchback, that is ok. But we Indians like our SUVs butch and big..Just ask toyota on that. Compete with the T-fort? I just can't see this one winning !
pyrodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 18:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
First Nissan converted the old school Pathfinder into a sissy crossover and now they have done it again with the X-Trail.
Outside this country, the X-Trail is nothing but an entry-level "economy" crossover.

For some strange reason the tinbox seems to have a reputation as a hard-core SUV here, which is surprising given that very few were sold here in the first place and 90% of those were with the hospitality industry ferrying guests to and from hotels. The remaining 10% of the original handful must have done some serious but mostly invisible mud-plugging, then.
Old 11th September 2013, 20:24   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quite an elegant looking crossover. It looks like Nissan is in the path of following a family look for their Crossovers (Qashqai, new X-Trail, Terrano etc.). In the realigned product portfolio, this will their only 7-seater SUV/Crossover offering, as the new Qashqai (expected early next year) will not have the +2 variant with 3rd row seating option.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 21:50   #15
Team-BHP Support

A short video of the new X-Trail - from the Frankfurt Motor Show (by Auto Express UK).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks