Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 20:23   #61

Re: Mercedes S-Class : Official Preview

Rehaan,

Thanks a ton for this review. I never knew that such technologies existed in cars until now.Whilst I agree that the features like brake assist, parking assist etc.. are true technological marvels but at the same time makes me feel that these technologies are taking away the sheer pleasure of human judgement and driving experience.Apologies for sounding like a spoil sport, it's my personal opinion!
Old 27th August 2013, 20:46   #62
BHPian

What an amazing review. Just blows my mind as to how can TeamBhp do it over and over again. The attention to detail, the technology/gizmos explained, the animated clips and whatnottt. Some engrossing read that was. And I am all in for Technology if that makes us all feel and be that extra safe. But yes it has to be full proof and not something like the Cricket DRS System.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th August 2013 at 15:32. Reason: Post edited. Please ALWAYS use spaces after punctuation marks. Thanks.
Old 27th August 2013, 21:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

What an astonishing car and what technology. It makes me wonder, with so many delicate stuff strewn around, how would the car cope up with the daily grind in India? The potholes, the dust and the pollution. Will it be reliable?

An awesome car none the less atleast in the developed countries with good infra.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:07   #64
BHPian

This is an excellent review, very detailed and gives us a taste of what its like to be in that car and what it actually means.
This car is an epitome for luxury and technology.
Before buying my xuv i was excited to see the static bending headlamps work, i thought the lamps would bend like in this s class but its just a lamp which turns on and off.
The animated demonstration on the s class's lamps made me smile.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Awesome awesome level of detail !
Thank you for this .. truly a tech marvel.

Maybe I missed it .. what tyres does it ride on? Spare?
Old 27th August 2013, 22:35   #66
BHPian

Wow, a stunning car and a 'first of its kind' review, Thanks.
Old 27th August 2013, 23:09   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

cya
R
Thanks for the response Rehaan.
Eagerly waiting for you to review the upcoming A8L and give us a comparison of how the two luxo-barges take the fight up to each other.

Perhaps a shootout with the 7'er too, if I am not asking for much?

-Bhargav
Old 27th August 2013, 23:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

Such awesome features and classy looks. Only if i had the moolah to get something like this. BMW has always been my favorite however this review has changed the perception. Great job!
Old 27th August 2013, 23:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant review. Possibly the most detailed on the web.
BMW and Audi must really be worried as this is certainly the worlds best car now. Mercedes has taken this S Class to Bentley levels and that is admirable.
Old 28th August 2013, 00:31   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing review and even more amazed at all the technology that works every second you drive this car!

Rehaan, with motors in almost every nook in the car, did Mercedes throw light on the maintenance/replacing interval? Also, I guess, it would be interesting to see the cars owners manual, and service manual!

Last edited by dhanushs : 28th August 2013 at 00:33.
Old 28th August 2013, 00:38   #71
BHPian

Rehaan Sir what an excellent review. I can't make my mind whether the car is worthy of the review or the review is worthy of the car. Excellent photographs! Most photographs are wallpaper worthy.

Like many have said Mercedes is back and how! I love the new design language where Mercedes cars though similar looking are easily distinguishable unlike the competition where its difficult for non bhpians to distinguish it that easily. The competition sure has its task cut out and many sleepless nights as well.

Any clue on the tentative price point that this is expected given that this is also targeted at getting erstwhile Maybach customers as well? Of course the pricing question is of academic interest only

P.S. Salespersons will have a tough time explaining / demoing all features and I am sure at some level the teambhp review will play its part for the informed buyer
Old 28th August 2013, 02:19   #72
BANNED

finally, the big boy is here.
Everytime one believes that the S has really, really pushed the limit on 'what more can you ask from a car?' ; with each successive edition, they redefine that very limit. The new S is not just a new car, its a new yardstick.
(im sure the magic carpet will be single biggest USP in india, even if it may not work fully on all kinds of bad roads)
a very thorough 'preview' , rehaan.
Old 28th August 2013, 03:16   #73
BHPian

The Dash out lines looks like a 2012 Mecury Grand marquis, which also has similar two spoke steering,but the rest of the car looks good and technology is awesome. I believe the Active headlights are present Audi A8 now but not available in US and hope this headlights will not be available in US due to a law. I am not sure whether Indian law states that the headlights should have a light bulb in specific.

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 28th August 2013 at 03:21. Reason: few more words
Sudan_NFS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 05:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
The Dash out lines looks like a 2012 Mecury Grand marquis, which also has similar two spoke steering,but the rest of the car looks good and technology is awesome.
Good look out on the dash, it does look similar!!

Except you mean the 2011 model? i believe Mercury Shut down before they would announce the 2012 model
Diamond_dawg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 08:18   #75
Senior - BHPian

What a stunning and informative review. The effort and thought gone behind really shows, just like the car itself. Thanks for sharing with us Rehaan!

The W222 is truly in a class of its own! This is Mercedes at their best again, showing the rest of world what the mainstream cars could be like in the next few decades. Shame that some of these stuffs wouldn't work in India. For me, the PRE-SAFE and Magic Body Control systems takes the cake. Awesome!

And it looks special as well. I didn't like the new face-lift on the E, but the same theme works very well on the S.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks