Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 12:44   #1
BHPian

Skoda Yeti - 2013 Refresh

Mod Note: Please continue the discussion in the detailed report on the Skoda Yeti Facelift. Thanks!

Just saw the first official pictures of the updated Skoda Yeti.

The Yeti gets a minor styling update. The front styling now follows the design language seen in newer Skoda models. The front is now more angular, featuring a new-style signature Skoda grille. Also the square-ish headlamps and the round fog lamps are gone. I somehow still like the double lamps in the current Yeti. This makes it look more like a hatchback in my eyes.

Skoda will sell the updated Yeti in two variants, namely the the Yeti City and the Yeti Outdoor. The outdoor to me looks much better than the City.

Source @ http://www.autocarindia.com/News/353...evealed.aspx/0

Mods: I didn't find any similar threads! Kindly merge if it already exists!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti - 2013 Refresh-0_468_700_httpi.haymarket.net.auextraimages20130814045513_skodayetifacelift17.jpg  

Skoda Yeti - 2013 Refresh-0_468_700_httpi.haymarket.net.auextraimages20130814042155_skodayetifacelift.jpg  

Skoda Yeti - 2013 Refresh-0_468_700_httpi.haymarket.net.auextraimages20130814045504_skodayetifacelift16.jpg  

Skoda Yeti - 2013 Refresh-0_468_700_httpi.haymarket.net.auextraimages20130814042156_skodayetifaceliftinterior.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2014 at 12:55. Reason: Link to report
urajkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 12:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yeti refreshed

This is the international model. I have my doubts if Yeti would be refreshed so soon in India. At this moment, Skoda clearly is focussing on it's next best seller - Octavia. They may however, launch the facelifted Yeti during the autoexpo next year.
Old 14th August 2013, 13:10   #3
BHPian

Now this is a huge improvement in the looks dept. The clean lines have certainly helped here. This time around they should launch the dsg variant!!
Old 14th August 2013, 13:44   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Skoda will sell the updated Yeti in two variants, namely the the Yeti City and the Yeti Outdoor.
The Yeti has branched into two lineups: The Skoda Yeti Outdoor and the Skoda Yeti Style.
As the names signify, the Outdoor Yeti sports a more rugged and off-road look and will cater to those who frequent driving off the road. The variant features skid plates, underride guards and side moldings in a black plastic.
The Yeti Style, with its body colored bumpers, is for those who would not be off-roading as such, yet still need a crossover for the better luggage space, higher ground clearance or better visibility it offers.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/s...ti-style-91572
Old 14th August 2013, 22:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dear Gentlemen, The face-lifted yeti has aggressive looking front designs. The headlamps are very nice as compared to the circular looking in the former variants of this model. Competing to the SUV market this vehicle surely create a buzz once launched for the indian consumers.

AD
Old 14th August 2013, 22:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

I like the new-look Yeti. Would prefer the City variant with less black plastic any day!
Old 14th August 2013, 23:13   #7
Team-BHP Support

I prefer the current design. The car has character (even if quirky by some people's taste). This refreshed model looks like every other Skoda in the upcoming model cycle.

I personally dislike the 'unified design theme' concept being increasingly favored by manufacturers. Most cars from a brand these days look different-sized (or bodied) versions of the same contraption.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th August 2013 at 23:16.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 23:23   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I prefer the current design. The car has character (even if quirky by some people's taste). This refreshed model looks like every other Skoda in the upcoming model cycle.

I personally dislike the 'unified design theme' concept being increasingly favored by manufacturers. Most cars from a brand these days look different-sized (or bodied) versions of the same contraption.

The Hyundai's fludic design to start with. Then was the Skoda's Octavia line up. Tata with it's Indica. Want me to add the Germans in this list too?

Maruti is yet to start this Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V system.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 23:57   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely. I don't like this new front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

The Hyundai's fludic design to start with. Then was the Skoda's Octavia line up. Tata with it's Indica. Want me to add the Germans in this list too?

Maruti is yet to start this Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V system.

Anurag.
VW take the cake here. Polo/Vento/Jetta/Passat - they remind me of Tupperware lunch boxes which are exactly identical except that one fits inside the other which goes into the third one...

When will this madness stop???
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 00:06   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
VW take the cake here. Polo/Vento/Jetta/Passat - they remind me of Tupperware lunch boxes which are exactly identical except that one fits inside the other which goes into the third one.

When will this madness stop???
On this subject, During Dusshera people here in the South at their houses who celebrate it keep an arrangement of dolls, stuff bought etc for all the 9 nights of the festival in which they have a doll which is a set of 7 which go one into the the other.

Attaching a picture below to help you understand.

Skoda Yeti - 2013 Refresh-doll.jpg

More apt for the design used by manufacturers.

Anurag.
Old 15th August 2013, 01:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

IMO The new design language looks more mature and grown up compared to the current quirky styling.

I wonder if Skoda would reposition the Yeti after re-launching the refreshed variant and position it slightly above the Duster and in direct comparison with the soon to be launched Nissan Terrano. Also it would be interesting to see Skoda offer a 1.2L TSi engine in the Active and Ambition 4x2 variants for the urban buyers who are looking for a petrol powered vehicle, may be with the DSG as well. I'm just thinking out loud.
Old 15th August 2013, 02:54   #12
BHPian

Looks have improved quite a lot. Yeti now looks very modern. But its the price which killed the Yeti in the first place. Now with able contenders for the urban compact SUVs crown its seems Skoda will have their work cut out. Also, I think this refresh was long overdue. The current model looks very dated, especialy with those horrible black bumpers.
Old 15th August 2013, 12:35   #13
BHPian

As an owner of the older Yeti, i feel the new facelift may look good, but has made the Yeti lose its charm and quirk which made it unique in the first place.

The front fog lamps have gone to regular positions, this alone makes it look generic in the sea of aggressive looking cars. The mission L notches on the rear look like an afterthought.

Interior quality would be improved, as if expected of any facelift, not that there was anything to complain about in the first place. The new chocolate brown tone looks nice.

What remains to be seen is whether Skoda brings the DSG version to India or no. Also, we Indians would love our cars to have more features as stock (bi-xenons, bluetooth anyone?)
Old 15th August 2013, 13:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I agree..
The front end seems to have been chopped off a sedan and fused onto this. Also I wish they would have raised the waist line a bit, The tail lamps seem far too low, Perhaps 2-3" would suffice.
Interiors are satisfactory to me.
Old 6th November 2013, 08:24   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti - 2013 Refresh

Skoda has facelifted the Yeti.

Reviewed by Autobild.

Skoda Yeti - 2013 Refresh-skodayetifaceliftschraegvorn729x48600cf7b9544785362.jpg

Quote:
The facelift is clearly visible, especially at the front, because the characteristic googly eyes now missing, they were replaced by the stern face of the current design line.
Test drive reports forthe best-selling model available, a 1.2-liter turbo with 105 hp.

Already from idle speed of the engine occurs sharply, reaches its maximum torque of 175 Newton meters at low 1550 rpm.
This fits the vote from the optional dual clutch transmission shifts extremely early and very smooth. Even at city speed the Yeti in seventh gear is on the way.Only on the highway, at speeds over 150 km / h, the small four-cylinder will be a little tough.
Positives: He is also acoustically always in the background. The soft tones fit well to comfortably tuned chassis. Consumption is close to the factory specification of 6.1 liters per 100 kms.

Although the Yeti around 20 inches less than a VW Tiguan measures, it offers slightly less space because of its box shape and clever use of space. The three individual rear seats can be moved, folded and expand. The trunk grows so gradually from 405 to 1760 liters.

The driver sits still comfortably in the Yeti, something new and chrome trim strips in the cockpit create more feel-good flavor behind the newly designed steering wheel.
Simply smart, a few inches shorter than other SUVs, can slip into parking spaces, the other must leave right. Helpful surcharge: the automatic parking assistant and rearview camera.
The 1.2 TSI is driven in review is at 18,990 euros (€350 more than the previos gen). The seven-speed dual-clutch transmission costs another € 1800.

Skoda Yeti Specifications:
  • Four-cylinder, turbo, front transverse Displacement 1197 cm3
  • Power: 77 kW (105 hp)
  • L/B/H 4222/1793/1671 mm
  • Kofferraum 405–1760 l
  • Net weight (EU) 1359 kg
  • Tank 55 l
  • Top speed 0–100 km/h 11,8 s
  • Spitze 175 km/h
  • Torque 175 Nm at 1550/min
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/skoda...t-4440662.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th November 2013 at 08:31.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed