Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2014, 10:40   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Possible 2015 Hyundai Compact SUV spyshots surface

A few more spy shots of the production-spec Hyundai ix25, including a shot of the interior, has been posted by China's Auto iFeng site.

Possible 2015 Hyundai Compact SUV spyshots surface-hyundaiix25productionspecspiedchina.jpg

Possible 2015 Hyundai Compact SUV spyshots surface-hyundaiix25productionspecspiedchinarear.jpg

Possible 2015 Hyundai Compact SUV spyshots surface-2091204_8.jpg

Possible 2015 Hyundai Compact SUV spyshots surface-hyundaiix25spiedinteriors.jpg

SOURCE - Auto iFeng
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 10:44   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai seems to have found the trick for the designing the rear & 3 quarter profile of its vehicles but it is seriously getting confused with the front. This looks longer and somehow roomier than the ecosport (isn't it targeting the Ecosport?) Am sure it will come in with all the tricks we have come to expect from Hyundai. Nothing ground breaking like the Ecoboost then?
Old 31st July 2014, 10:50   #78
Team-BHP Support

I sincerely hope it does not arrive on Indian shores to compete with Ecosport, but with the Duster/Terrano in terms of size. Else we would again be looking sub-4m compact X-over. What I think we need is a premium X-over which can seat 5 in comfort with good boot space in the 14-18L range.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 11:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

The front looks nice, the overall car looks like a mini SantaFe. The LED DRLs on top of the headlight would look wicked. I have seen a few SantaFe at night and it looks good.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 13:08   #80
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I sincerely hope it does not arrive on Indian shores to compete with Ecosport, but with the Duster/Terrano in terms of size. Else we would again be looking sub-4m compact X-over.
This doesn't look like a sub 4m vehicle to me, at least from the pictures. ix25 looks like it's based on the chassis of the Kia Soul. To be frank, it looks like a slightly larger, modified Kia Soul with additional crossover traits. The Soul has a length of well over 4100mm.

The ix25 would measure a bit longer than that, I believe. Which is both good and bad. Good, as it would get engines with adequate power (100PS+) in both petrol and diesel versions. Bad, as the price would be mostly over the million rupee mark. The Duster/Terrano will get a direct competitor, while the EcoSport can breathe easy, at least until Maruti Suzuki brings in the XA-α.

Quote:
What I think we need is a premium X-over which can seat 5 in comfort with good boot space in the 14-18L range.
Like the good old Hyundai Tucson? This looks like it's going to be the spiritual successor of the Tucson, which was well ahead of its time.

Last edited by RSR : 31st July 2014 at 13:10.
Old 31st July 2014, 14:26   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Like the good old Hyundai Tucson? This looks like it's going to be the spiritual successor of the Tucson, which was well ahead of its time.
Yes it does look bigger and like a new avatar of the older Tuscon. But I just hope they don't perform any surgery to make it sub-4m.
Old 31st July 2014, 15:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

Nice Hyundai Interior with quality bits. The exterior is a tad boring and it may be that way to appeal to a larger audience. Overall it looks bigger than the Ecosport and i expect them to price this below the Elantra and above the Verna. Top end variants could be as expensive as the Elantra IMHO.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 16:52   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Nice Hyundai Interior with quality bits. The exterior is a tad boring and it may be that way to appeal to a larger audience. Overall it looks bigger than the Ecosport and i expect them to price this below the Elantra and above the Verna. Top end variants could be as expensive as the Elantra IMHO.
Thats the perfect price band where it needs to priced. A premium X-over may not be very flashy, but should be more elegant and should have all its elements perfectly in place. By elements I mean rich interiors, feature loaded, powerful diesel engine, good GC, decent driving dynamics, 16 inch wheels, space for 5 in comfort and a sufficiently large boot.

Hyundai seems to have all of the above in house. Now lets see how they push it to the market. I would be really interested in this product as it provides me with a perfect upgrade to Duster, if ever I go for one in future.
Old 1st August 2014, 15:09   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

The iX25 snapped in Korea,

Possible 2015 Hyundai Compact SUV spyshots surface-6e8acda69ce70245df9ea559764d094e.jpg

http://auto.hankyung.com/board/view....=18976&ch=auto
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 15:14   #85
BHPian

Is this coming to India by any chance?
Old 1st August 2014, 15:47   #86
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Is this coming to India by any chance?
Yes, it would most likely be Hyundai India's next completely new product (not counting facelifts/refreshes), after the new "Elite" i20.

Quote:
Speaking to TOI, Hyundai Motor India Limited CEO & MD Bo Shin Seo said the carmaker's Korean parent Hyundai Motor Company has a "very strong line up" and "HMI will launch a small SUV soon. The SUV will come earlier, followed by an MPV", he added.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/19266223.cms

This ix25 is, in all likelihood, the small SUV that was mentioned by him.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 13:22   #87
BHPian

It seems Hyundai is now following same design language across its SUV/MUV range. Assuming, ix25 is launched in Duster range and Santa Fe is already in 20+ lac range, I hope Hyundai also brings in ix35 (not in current form but in same design language as ix25 and Santa Fe) to have a complete range in SUV/MUV segment.
Possible 2015 Hyundai Compact SUV spyshots surface-ix25_santafe.png
Image Source: Hyundai China and Hyunda UK site
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks