Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2014, 20:41   #61
BHPian

re: Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)

XE Reveal.

Love those alloys. Jag is back!

Source

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-capture.jpg

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-capture1.jpg

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-capture2.jpg
Fraz33r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 02:01   #62
BHPian

Ian Callum's Cat is out of the bag:

Source:

Some figures : XE-S

Powered by a supercharged 3.0-litre V6 Capable of 0-60mph in 4.9 seconds. A 2.0-litre diesel is on the cards:

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-capture.jpg

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-capture1.jpg

Plain Jane Interiors though:

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-capture2.jpg

Last edited by Fraz33r : 9th September 2014 at 02:10. Reason: Added Pics;Source
Fraz33r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 03:36   #63
Team-BHP Support

The shape of those headlamps, the kink towards the grill, the dual eye lamps - cant help but think -

BMW
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 05:49   #64
BHPian

Perfect proportions,though Jag could've made it a bit less conservative.

My major complaint are the interiors.They are just plain,especially so when compared to the competition.From the looks of things,the German trio have more busy interior design themes.

With refreshes of C/A4/3 due in the next 2-4 years,Jag is really gonna miss out on the 'feel good' factor.(And Merc has already spruced up the C interiors to formidable levels.) Jag should've future- proofed this.
Old 9th September 2014, 11:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Looks great in that shade of red - those sharp alloys complementing it, but the interiors are rather too subdued.

The pictures and the video show the XE-S and if this is the level of interior design and quality that the top-end variant offers I shudder to think what will the India-spec corporate editions get!

I was honestly hoping that the XE would up the ante for this segment! Hopefully the CX17 is a game-changer.
Old 9th September 2014, 11:08   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

The front is the best looking, front 3/4 is also a good angle to look at the car, the interiors too get a

But the Rear, especially the tail lamps are too bulky (Should have been slimmer/sleeker);

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-0_0_860_http172.17.115.18082galleries20140909013016_jaguarxe2016my41.jpg

^ The only poorly designed element of the car :(

Last edited by karan561 : 9th September 2014 at 11:11.
Old 9th September 2014, 11:08   #67
BHPian

Quoting from the article

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...s_1174050.html

"Nick Miller, chief programme engineer of the XE series, told Reuters the XE sports sedan would expand the reach of Jaguar, traditionally associated with older, wealthier men. "We think the customers are likely to be younger, earlier in their life stage, they are more likely to have children ... they are more likely to be female," he said."

I think it will be a mistake to market the "female" part extensively. I hope they don't stress this often. It will be the kind of mistake the Tatas made branding the nano as a cheap car. Perception trumps reality almost all of the time.
Old 10th September 2014, 08:29   #68
Senior - BHPian

Wow! I love it from all angles. Its very proportionate and those narrow and sharp eyes are bewitching. The design of the running board, the doors and rear wheel arch is stunning. Superb wheels as well. The rear door looks so much like a Bimmer.

Eager to see this in person. The new C and the XE looks so cool. Here are some more photos from EVO.
Attached Thumbnails
Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-car_photo_598420_25.jpg  

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-car_photo_598426_25.jpg  

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-car_photo_598429_25.jpg  

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-car_photo_598423_25.jpg  

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-car_photo_598432_25.jpg  

Last edited by deetjohn : 10th September 2014 at 08:33. Reason: Adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 09:49   #69
BHPian

The shape of the headlight is so similar to the previous generation 3 series BMW.
(The outer shape, not the inner design)

Is the designer for the BMW and Jaguar same?
It looks very much inspired by previous generation 3 series.

Nevertheless, overall an amazing looking wild cat.

Good Job Jagg
Old 10th September 2014, 10:04   #70
Senior - BHPian

The car is a looker from all angles except the rear. It will be interesting to see how the rear hunch looks like in person. Nice car!
Old 10th September 2014, 17:19   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The front is the best looking, front 3/4 is also a good angle to look at the car, the interiors too get a

But the Rear, especially the tail lamps are too bulky (Should have been slimmer/sleeker);

Attachment 1284942

^ The only poorly designed element of the car :(
What do you think now ?

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-xeftyperearlights1.jpg

After giving it some F-Type treatment;

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-xeftyperearlights2.jpg

^ Perfect

Photoshop Source

Last edited by karan561 : 10th September 2014 at 17:20.
karan561 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 19:41   #72
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)

I think the XE looks fabulous! The 'Jaguar' brand should be enough to draw the interest of C-Class, 3-Series & A4 customers. This is the first Jaguar sedan with serious potential in India. Just hope they price it well (unlike the rest of their overpriced range).

Not surprising that they didn't retain the name of their first 3-Series rival, the 'X-Type'. Based on the Mondeo, it was actually a decent car. But the interiors were too small and the cabin quality not as premium as BMWs. Jaguar also continued with the X-Type for way too long, eventually discounting and offering it to fleets.

Everyone slammed the X-Type (and I mean, EVERYONE) because it was based on the Mondeo. Surprisingly, not too many complain about the A4 being based on the humble Jetta.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 20:07   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Everyone slammed the X-Type (and I mean, EVERYONE) because it was based on the Mondeo. Surprisingly, not too many complain about the A4 being based on the humble Jetta.
I think the thought-process has matured enough now (compared to a few years ago) for people to realize platform-sharing is inevitable across a wide model range in today's increasingly cost-conscious and cost-efficiency centered manufacturing processes. I'm not saying discerning customers won't frown upon a premium model sharing a platform with a relatively budget model, but as long as the platform is capable of underpinning a car that gives an experience worthy of its price tag, does it really matter?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th September 2014 at 20:08.
Old 12th September 2014, 12:16   #74
BHPian

Have been drooling over the post-unveil XE pics and videos(of which there are very few available) and realized a few things.

Although the design is conservative like many automotive journals claim,its bang on perfect! Everything from the long,low nose, the coupe roofline to the stubby rear renders a very very sporty stance.

Major gripes that I've noted were the tail-lamps and the interior design theme.In certain press-release pics and videos,tail lamps did look a bit bulky.But some videos from the unveiling ceremony shows it to be very well integrated.

About the interior,Jag has incorporated a lot of tech into the XE(although it remains to be seen which among those will make it to India) ,albeit in a conservative cabin.

Being a sporty participant in the segment,I think Jag can be forgiven for the interior which (though not as eye-catchy as the new C class) appears to be a no-nonsense cabin with simple layout devoid of any complications.
Expecting an F-type like interior on a car costing a fraction of that might have been a bit too much

What remains to be seen is how well it drives.I do sincerely hope the Ingenium 4 cylinders offer somewhere north of 200 ponies.With that much power and an aluminum frame I do expect it to give the 3 a run for its money.

Come on Jag,this is your car of the century! Exhilarate us!!!

Sharing a short video which really seems to amplify the XE's beautiful proportions

Old 13th September 2014, 17:28   #75
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely gorgeous car! Stunning from nearly all angles. I'm just not a fan of the rear end because it looks quite ordinary and dare I say, a bit dated (early 2000 sedans).

It sort of looks like a F-Type that has morphed itself into a sedan. Little details like the air-vent behind the front wheels, the running board, the details in the rear-lights and that rear diffuser.

The XE-S even sounds like the F-Type V6, albeit a little muted i.e. without the exaggerated crackles, pops and gun-firing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks