Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 21:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus

The Urus has been leaked on the internet.

Looks so much like Evoque. I like it. The interior is fantastic. Reminds me of Seisto Element concept.

Lamborghini Urus SUV storms out early

It may be just me, but this is downright ugly.

Surely another super expensive "SUV" for the collectors garages, that won't see even a single loose rock in its life, forget getting on an off-road trail. (And with those low profile tires, good luck even on gravel, hehe).

"Urus", btw, is some breed of giant cows from ancient times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinadJoshi View Post
It may be just me, but this is downright ugly.

Surely another super expensive "SUV" for the collectors garages, that won't see even a single loose rock in its life, forget getting on an off-road trail. (And with those low profile tires, good luck even on gravel, hehe).

"Urus", btw, is some breed of giant cows from ancient times.
I do hope the production version will get rid of those low profile tires. The platform is the base for upcoming Cayenne, Bentley and Audi SUVs so in that way, this is a great step in right direction from VW group.

And since it is expected to cost $200k or so, chances are it will never go off-road. But then there is a market for this, so why not take advantage of that.

Also its more like an extinct OX rather than cows. Its good they didn't name it after a bull and keep those names for supercars.

Aurochs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Love it! Lambo knows how to design really.

Although the headlights look a bit puny. Rear, though, is just too good. And the interiors are so sci-fi.

Overall, amazing is the word.

Cows or oxes, lets hope Lamborghini produces something milk-able here

15 years ago, when life for me was in first gear and high on octane - I would have raved about this vehicle and pinned posters on my doors. Now it seems too garish and overdone. (Like Lamborghini cares, and like I am ever going to be able to buy one...hehe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Also its more like an extinct OX rather than cows. Its good they didn't name it after a bull and keep those names for supercars.
Its not just you guys. This thing is downright UGLY. I mean Lamborghini is all over the place. They out did themselves with aventador but with estoque and this, they just went to the other end. The interior is fantastic though.
And one more thing, and this is just me, but Lamborghini should not be making suvs. LM was a good "failed" experiment 30 years ago, but with everything going so great in recent years, its just disappointing to see another sportscar maker(1st being Porsche) going down the same road.
VW is destroying the soul of its premium brands. First porsche, bentley and now Lamborghini. Whats next? Bugatti?
Thats just me though.

I almost puked after seeing this. My son was drooling though.

However, he's only 6. He also compared it to an Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaner.

Just like fellow TBHPian NinadJoshi has posted, me too hope Lamborghini produces something milk-able. My thoughts and prayers with the Lambo design team.

Liked the rear bit! Though the front looks quite odd for a SUV IMO... Good to see these 'Super SUVs' coming up. First the Kubang, and now this one. Though if I had to pick between this and the Kubang, I'd go for the Maser hands down! I wish Lambo built the Estoque instead of concentrating on a SUV which'd have been a great competitor to the Quattroporte and the FF. Alas.

Here is a video showing the URUS.

Pardon the language of the video. Can't help it.

Note: A Trivia about possible Lambo sales for 2011 is shown. Don't really know if its sales only or something else since language is different. But it says 23% change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinadJoshi View Post
Cows or oxes, lets hope Lamborghini produces something milk-able here

15 years ago, when life for me was in first gear and high on octane - I would have raved about this vehicle and pinned posters on my doors. Now it seems too garish and overdone. (Like Lamborghini cares, and like I am ever going to be able to buy one...hehe).
I have no doubt this will be immensely milk-able. After what happened to Cayenne, i have no doubt, coming from a sports/super car maker. Do you still doubt it?

No matter how ugly or mind-blowing the design, if this form takes shape and gets into production, this SUV is going to be a sellout in the launch of it's first month. Anything this exclusive by an exotic manufacturer WILL sell. I would like to see a matte black limited Balboni edition - that would look HOT!

Compared to the Cayenne and the Bentley Exp this looks like a billion bucks ! Awesome job by Lambo as usual.

Quote:
this SUV is going to be a sellout in the launch of it's first month.
It`ll be a hit in India too.
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus-00lamborghiniurusconceptleaks1334932500.jpg  

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus-01lamborghiniurusconceptleaks.jpg  

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus-05lamborghiniurusconceptleaks.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd April 2012 at 14:59. Reason: Merging into the older thread. Please continue discussion there.
9thsphinx is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 05:00   #2
BHPian

re: Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus

Just noticed after taking a closer look, the Outside Rear View Mirror's are replaced by rear facing camera's and the display for those are placed in both the corners of dashboard where the A-Pillar meets.
Old 1st May 2012, 14:00   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Just noticed after taking a closer look, the Outside Rear View Mirror's are replaced by rear facing camera's and the display for those are placed in both the corners of dashboard where the A-Pillar meets.
Remember, this is just a concept. It may not have such gadgetry when it hits production. Seldom do such things make it to the assembly line.

That said, this is Lamborghini. And they're quite capable of surprising several, as they have done earlier with their techno-wizardry and outlandish design/engineering.
Old 5th May 2012, 07:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

So finally the Urus has made it through after the legendary LM002. Looks way better than the Kubang, EXP9F or the Cayenne for that matter, and like suhaas has mentioned above, I don't think all of the gizmos or gadgetry would make it to the final production model. Having said that, I hope it actually does

A couple of more pictures of the Urus concept could be seen on the lamborghini website: Link:
Old 16th July 2012, 14:51   #5
BHPian

A report released a couple of days ago at the below link states that the pricing of the Urus will start from £135,000 ($207,000 / €170,000).
Here's the link:
Lamborghini Urus SUV 'to cost £135,000' | Automotive & Motoring News | Car Magazine Online

Power is set to be drawn from Audi's 4.2-liter V8 and will have an output of approximately 600 hp (447 kW / 608 PS).

Last edited by carfreak77 : 16th July 2012 at 14:54.
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 17:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini Urus to be ready by 2017.

Quote:
Lamborghini’s much awaited spiritual successor to the legendary LM001 SUV of the 80’s, the Lamborghini Urus is said to make its production debut in 2017. According to Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winklemann, the Urus, first previewed at the Beijing Auto Show in April 2012 will be ready to be produced and available to the public by 2017 as per internal Lamborghini timelines.

The Lamborghini Urus SUV is said to feature major body panels crafted out of carbon fibre making it substantially lighter than other similar SUVs. The Lamborghini Urus will be based on the next generation Audi Q7 platform, which will also be the basis for the next generation Volkswagen Touareg and the new Porsche Cayenne. The Lamborghini Urus is also said to feature a lot of technology shared by Bentley’s new flagship SUV.

The Lamborghini Urus is said to feature a V10 engine, possibly Audi’s 5.2-litre V10 engine, which produces 592Ps. The Lamborghini Urus might also get a new plug-in hybrid technology, which will boost its overall power output north of the 700Ps mark making it the most powerful SUV on the market. The Lamborghini Urus concept features a front-engine, all-wheel-drive setup.
Source: http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...by-2017/17685/
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:10   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Lamborghini Urus-based SUV likely launch in 2018.

Quote:
Lamborghini’s SUV is on track for a launch by 2018, Audi boss Rupert Stadler
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ck-383305.aspx
Old 28th May 2015, 17:03   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus-lamborghiniceostephanwinkelmannandthe2012urussuvconcept_100388780_l.jpg

^ Lamborghini CEO, Stephan Winkelmann finally confirmed that the automaker will go ahead with the Urus SUV

Expect a 2018 launch

Source
Old 28th May 2015, 18:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

A SUV that sounds like a sportscar. I cant wait to see this come out. I guess this engine will also be shared with the new Q7 RS? Hope the side view camera concept makes it to the production version.

Last edited by Fullrevs : 28th May 2015 at 18:05.
Old 28th May 2015, 18:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Italian supercar maker Lamborghini has officially confirmed, that the brand’s first SUV since the LM002 will arrive in 2018. Seen first as the Urus concept (production model likely to use a different name), the SUV will be the third product offered as a part of Lamborghini’s global range.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus-lefttoright_ldemeo_swinkelmann_mrenzi_fguidi_sstadler_sbonaccini_darcuri.jpg

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus-1.jpg

Last edited by Tushar : 28th May 2015 at 18:11.
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 19:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

This doesn't look like a Lamborghini. It looks like a cross between a Porsche & a Audi.
Old 29th May 2015, 12:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Dont look like a SUV or like a lambo. Certainly do not have the charm of LM002 - This one looks more like a blinged up ricer ride.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini Urus SUV - More details revealed

Lamborghini is expected to unveil the Urus SUV next year, which will likely go on sale in the international markets by 2018. The company's R&D chief, Maurizio Reggiani, has now revealed a few more details about the upcoming SUV.

The biggest confirmation about the Urus SUV revolves around its powertrain options. It will be the first Lamborghini model to be available with a plug-in hybrid setup. Reggiani has also confirmed that it will be the only plug-in hybrid model coming from the Italian supercar maker. The other offered powertrain option will be a twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8 engine. The R&D chief claimed that turbocharging is 'completely mandatory' for the Urus, as SUVs require huge torque.

The Urus will be based on the same platform that underpins the Audi Q7 and the Bentley Bentayga. It will thus borrow various chassis components from these two SUVs, including the 48V powered active anti-roll suspension system. Lamborghini will be offering the Urus in both all-wheel-drive and rear-wheel-drive variants.

Source: Autocar

Lamborghini's Performance SUV - The Urus-magnewsxmas2107.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 2nd January 2017 at 10:54.
dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 11:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Lamborghini Urus SUV - More details revealed
... snip
The Urus will be based on the same platform that underpins the Audi Q7 and the Bentley Bentayga. It will thus borrow various chassis components from these two SUVs, including the 48V powered active anti-roll suspension system. Lamborghini will be offering the Urus in both all-wheel-drive and rear-wheel-drive variants.

... snip
Is it just me or do others who see this for the first time also feel that the design theme is so DC'-esque. I feel the design is a bit disproportionate and looks - like its name - as if its a cow with a huge rear.
GJ01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:55   #15
BHPian

The one we see in the pictures is the concept. The production model is going to be different. That being said the production model is going to be heavily based on the concept and i personally dont see it resembling any car from the dc stable (Avanti definitely not).

With 4 cylinders and 2000cc less than the Bentley Bentayga, Lamborghini will need considerably better power to weight ratio to claim the fastest SUV tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
Is it just me or do others who see this for the first time also feel that the design theme is so DC'-esque. I feel the design is a bit disproportionate and looks - like its name - as if its a cow with a huge rear.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks