Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 02:13   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
After the Kunzumla nightmare, we could feel something wrong with the front suspension. As we were climbing back to Gramphoo, we encountered our first snowfall. It was a mixed rain and snow but it was a relaxing sight after the harrowing experience. As soon as we reached Gramphoo, we encountered another TC. This was I think an unplanned one as we were told that due to an error in the road book, we will be given a free run till Tandi Petrol Pump. It was around 70 Kms of fun we had ahead. After around 8 Kms from Gramphoo, the road turned into an expressway or so I would call it after what we saw a couple of hours before.
That's like a walk down the memory lane. You guys were so lucky to have time to click photographs while driving. We had to rush rush all the time for our TC's. Keep them coming man. Loving each post of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
I preceived that the Raid did not go the Kunzum Pass way this time, Was it only for the Adventure trial of was it for everybody ? Wating for the next part ..
Yeah, Kunzum la was for adventure trial alone. The extreme had stopped at Batal and then turned back on the same path after all the adventure trials had passed in a transport section.
Old 24th February 2010, 16:50   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
That's like a walk down the memory lane. You guys were so lucky to have time to click photographs while driving. We had to rush rush all the time for our TC's. Keep them coming man. Loving each post of yours.

Yeah, Kunzum la was for adventure trial alone. The extreme had stopped at Batal and then turned back on the same path after all the adventure trials had passed in a transport section.
Thanks Nomad! That's the experiance of a life time. No one can forget.

I remember how you guys had to rush all the time. Even I could not capture everything. Will post the next one in the evening.

Also I did'nt notice xtreme guys staying at Batal. I thought they too went till Kunzum.
Old 24th February 2010, 20:38   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nomad! That's the experiance of a life time. No one can forget.

I remember how you guys had to rush all the time. Even I could not capture everything. Will post the next one in the evening.

Also I did'nt notice xtreme guys staying at Batal. I thought they too went till Kunzum.
Your most welcome Vinay. Yes its a life time experience. I'm going to experience it again this year. There's one mistake in what I had posted in here previously, The extreme had gone back the same way before you guys had come up towards Kunzum La for your part of the leg.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 25th February 2010, 00:46   #139
BHPian

Raid De Himalaya 2009 Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
Your most welcome Vinay. Yes its a life time experience. I'm going to experience it again this year. There's one mistake in what I had posted in here previously, The extreme had gone back the same way before you guys had come up towards Kunzum La for your part of the leg.

Regards,

Anirban.
Anirban,

We too have already started preparing (Read Saving Money ) for this year's Raid. See you there!

And that's why I was wondering because I had seen one xtreme Gypsy (Pic in the last post) along at that route.

Anyways, the night went me sleeping still without even changing sides in the bunker beds only to be woken up by acute stomach pain at around 4. I think it was the food coupled with our erratic eating. Took pudin hara and slept again. The stay there for the night was an experience of its own. We were being given company by a media team covering the raid and therefore was waken up again by their voices. I think they were getting ready to reach some place before the extreme gets there. Was able to sleep again for sometime after they left. Saurabh, though had woken up before me and been around talkin to people. He did not woke me up as he knew about my stomach. He brought in the news that due to black ice at Baralacha La, they had delayed the flag off for adventure trial and we now will be flagged of after 10. I big relief and some time to sleep again. Woke up at 8 and got ready.

The Car was covered in about half an inch of ice and snow. Had to scrap ice from the windshield. It was too cold even at that time. Saw diesel cars being warmed at the bottom using kerosene stoves. Some new Scrop owners were moving the stoves along the fuel lines underneath whereas an old Scorp from Pune started without any fuss. Not sure why.
Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7753.jpg
Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7754.jpg
Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7758.jpg
Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7759.jpg

Got flagged off at around 10:15 and just about some 15 Kms lied Baralachala the climb was just awsome with snow around all over increasing. Just as no one had imagined, we encountered our first TC for the day right at the Baralacha top . It was one of the most beautifull places which I could not capture properly. And even beautiful was the fact that were only a few secs behind time. Here are some pics

Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7761.jpg
Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7765.jpg
Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7767.jpg

Crossing further north, we now were in Spiti Valley and the tarrain turned even more desert like. Climbed the Ghata loops after some time and another TC was waiting.

Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7769.jpg
Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7783.jpg

Crossed Pang without worries but not for long as we realised we require fuel. Reached More Plains and kept in going further looking for the first refueling point setup by HMA. Almost 10 kms into the plains and still no sign of anyone, not even any competetor. This got us worried but we went on. After almost another 5 kms, we saw Sand belowing which turned out to be a Bolero of one of the officials. Without stopping asked them about the fuel point. To our amazement, they too seemed lost and had to radio to ask about it.

Finally, reached at the other end of the More Plains where we saw this crowd of cars gathered around a Canter and a Pickup. This was the Fueling Point. Got the time taken there and a free refueling time was given. A mad rush of getting fuel followed. Took half hour as all the people were trying thier own permutations and combinations on how to form a que.

Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7794.jpg
Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7795.jpg
Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7796.jpg
Raid de Himalaya 2009-dscf7797.jpg

Will be continued........

Last edited by vinayrathore : 25th February 2010 at 00:57.
Old 26th March 2010, 09:54   #140
BHPian

Vinay, had you driven in Ladhak region before participating in Raid?
Old 28th March 2010, 13:54   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Vinay, had you driven in Ladhak region before participating in Raid?
Nope! This was my first trip beyond Rohtang. And what a trip it was!
Old 28th March 2010, 14:38   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Anirban,

We too have already started preparing (Read Saving Money ) for this year's Raid. See you there!

And that's why I was wondering because I had seen one xtreme Gypsy (Pic in the last post) along at that route.
Same here man. I'm also in the saving mode for stuffs which I will be needing this year. I need a rally cabin for my gypsy this time. Regarding the Gypsy in the photograph well it was from the Adventure Trials only. We did their TC's too. Those guys are from Delhi and this year they competed in the Desert Storm in the Xtreme category.

Loved all the photographs you have posted. Will be looking forward to meet you this year for sure. Do, let me know in advance when you are leaving for Raid.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 4th April 2010, 18:50   #143
Senior - BHPian

Vinay thats an awesome RaidLog there.thanks for the details and the pics.Will help me in preparing.maybe this year or maybe next year will definitely participate in the raid.
Old 4th April 2010, 23:39   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Vinay thats an awesome RaidLog there.thanks for the details and the pics.Will help me in preparing.maybe this year or maybe next year will definitely participate in the raid.
The real 'Raidlog' is yet to come! That's the thing that makes Raid what it is....

Sorry for the delay...will post soon.....
Old 6th April 2010, 23:00   #145
Senior - BHPian

No updates? waiting for some nice details and pics.
Old 9th April 2010, 21:24   #146
BHPian

OH my GOD...
I can't sleep tonight, please post further Vinay... You are a good Driver as well as a good Writer. Congrats Buddy.

regards,
Jatinder

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks