Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2008, 23:20   #76
Senior - BHPian

Guess Jalsa777`s post got approved just now......finally SOME pics of the event.
Old 2nd March 2008, 23:26   #77
BHPian

yes the skyline clocked a 9.2xx in its last run..one hell of a car....made all the wait worthwhile
Old 2nd March 2008, 23:32   #78
BHPian

How was Vipers run ?
Old 2nd March 2008, 23:42   #79
Senior - BHPian

Comeon guys post some pictures.

Does Gs's R33 clocked 9.2xx ?
Old 2nd March 2008, 23:46   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Comeon guys post some pictures.

Does Gs's R33 clocked 9.2xx ?

one post before yours has just given you confirmation
Old 2nd March 2008, 23:49   #81
Team-BHP Support

I went to the venue at 3 pm odd, just in time to catch the liter class to be followed by the four wheel imports.
The times for liter class bikes have come down so much, almost every liter class was doing 11.xx and quite a few in te 10.xx too, A couple of years back 11 - 12 sec runs were considered 'woaah'
Oneof the gixxers had a fall, rider was ok though, and i thinik he ran once again after that. Bst time was a 10.0x for the lier class.
When i got there, almost evrEyone i met told me about the skyline's 10.xx second run, andi thought i had missed it. Then the man does some crazy burnouts at the start line, and his time he's managed to do a 9.5x run!! An hour later, he's done 9.2x, almost eveyrone was at a loss for words.
GS surely madeup for all those bad runs in his Elise and s2000 in the recent past, an madeup in the best way he possibly could.

Other updates:
KS Mototsport's Evo had one bad run, to be followed by a 12.2, best run for the car today, and i think the same time they cocked even last year.
The much raved about balck viper only did a 15.xx seconds run, superbly overated car.
The white supra did a 13.xx run tis time again.
Jitu' OHC clocked a 14.1x as best time for the day, and jigy did a mind boggling 8.74. Nono, that was a timin error, i'm told he did a 14.9x. Both you guys, everyone at the stands expected better, especially after Jitu has already done a 14.1x in bangalore while NA.

No pictures from my side, but Allen thats a beautiul jeep you've got.

manson.
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:23   #82
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Jitu' OHC clocked a 14.1x as best time for the day,
Quote:
jigy did a 14.9x
These are the times I was waiting for. Look forward to reading posts straight from the horse's mouths tommorow!
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:54   #83
BHPian

LOTS of day 2 pics

Picasa Web Albums - jalsa - speed run day 2

ENJOY guys.....
Old 3rd March 2008, 01:40   #84
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Thanx for the first photographs JALSA! we were eagarly waiting.

It seems like the race was on one side of the road today also?
Old 3rd March 2008, 01:44   #85
Senior - BHPian

Great pics jalsa.....thanks.

Waiting for more pics/videos/reports.
Old 3rd March 2008, 01:59   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jitu' OHC clocked a 14.1x as best time for the day, and jigy did a mind boggling 8.74. Nono, that was a timin error, i'm told he did a 14.9x. Both you guys, everyone at the stands expected better, especially after Jitu has already done a 14.1x in bangalore while NA.
I think Jitu had done a 14.4 or something in Blore.

But i was expecting a lot more than 14.9 from Viper's car. I mean, if the pro stock vtec with the NA B15C2 engine could manage a 15.4sec time. A B16 with TC should have atleast been in the 13s.

Was there a traction issue? Or are these times inclusive of the RT.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 3rd March 2008 at 02:01.
Old 3rd March 2008, 03:02   #87

so basically you guys didnt like the drags this year...ok we will make sure that it wil be better next year..the problem was that we just had too many damn car or bikes to run..almost 400+ in total.sorry for the bad show..
Old 3rd March 2008, 04:46   #88
Senior - BHPian

Guys, where can one find the official results?

Edit: @ Cyrus: Dude, I want to thank you for your help personally. I think I had fun at the drag today and I am very glad I came. I think what is upsetting people is that the management of the entire affair is quite poor. For instance, at the drivers' briefing, we were told to report at 5 p.m. but until around 8.15 p.m. we were just standing around doing nothing on the road. Then when we were given our packages the way it was done was a bloody joke. We could have all sat in the auditorium and been called up on to the stage one by one and given our stuff in a nice, orderly fashion. Even after getting our kit and the (super brief) briefing, you know how bad the rush to get the mechanics' pit crew passes was. It was MUCH worse than a local train, to put it mildly. This is where some sort of efficiency is required, because for some people it may be cool to just hang around for hours on end, but some people have fairly busy schedules and just wasting time is no good. This is why there was NO WAY I was going to come to the track at 8 a.m. for scrutiny, like the program mentioned. I think it is imperative that the timings be strictly adhered to, because otherwise it is just a joke. Even the actual order of the drags was quite haphazard. Like I said, none of this detracted from the fun of the event, but it does show that organisation and planning are badly needed. Still, once again a thank you to you and to the rest of the marshals, volunteers, organisers et al. for an event that is still unique and, therefore, good fun for gear heads in these parts!

Last edited by kbk_75 : 3rd March 2008 at 04:57.
Old 3rd March 2008, 06:34   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
yes the skyline clocked a 9.2xx in its last run..one hell of a car....made all the wait worthwhile
when I first started the debate about the skyline a year ago, no one believed me.Finally i have been proved right.remember, we did not run the car at full boost ( she did her last run at 70 % ) because we were not racing on a drag strip,it was just another road.The car is capable of more.

The first run when she did 10.5 was with a co passenger ( Farokh Commissariat ) , it was just a trial run.

So guys, take a bow..Refer to the thread 1200 bhp skyline,where all of you ridiculed me when i suggested the car had the potential to run under 8 second, which I still maintain.
Old 3rd March 2008, 08:11   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
I think Jitu had done a 14.4 or something in Blore.

But i was expecting a lot more than 14.9 from Viper's car. I mean, if the pro stock vtec with the NA B15C2 engine could manage a 15.4sec time. A B16 with TC should have atleast been in the 13s.

Was there a traction issue? Or are these times inclusive of the RT.

Shan2nu
Hi Shan2nu - I don't know about what all you guys were expecting but I was very happy with my run. I quote below a post from my thread.

"Regarding the timings car is still being setup and am going to run it in exactly the same trim level that I would run daily(no lightning/removing seats etc) so it may be 13's or early 14's if all goes well. All depends on the final state of tune and my launch(need lots of practice last year was bad)".

It was the 1st time I had driven a TC'd B16A on track and that too with zero practice, add to that my tyres. I was wheel spinning halfway into 2nd gear. Not blaming anything but stating my experience. Next year should be better(fingers crossed). I met my expectations and thats what matters.

Not aware of the official times and these are times given by Tbhpians.

Will post my experience later on during the day.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 3rd March 2008 at 08:12.

Most Viewed