Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 10:45   #436
BHPian

Looking at the results for the street stock 1151-1450cc it seems like the Fahad car was faster then the Vatcha car but was given second place. Are there some hidden penalties or is this another organization blunder.
Old 14th March 2008, 11:07   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jayaram View Post
Looking at the results for the street stock 1151-1450cc it seems like the Fahad car was faster then the Vatcha car but was given second place. Are there some hidden penalties or is this another organization blunder.
Fahad's car was faster than Vatcha's car. But after the run, instead of parking the car in the winner's pit, Fahad went and parked it in the Zapp pit. He was penalised for that and relegated to 2nd place.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:15   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Fahad's car was faster than Vatcha's car. But after the run, instead of parking the car in the winner's pit, Fahad went and parked it in the Zapp pit. He was penalised for that and relegated to 2nd place.
What??!! What is winners pit now??? We all drove out as soon as our final runs got over!!! And on what basis was he moved to 2nd place??

One more on ACI's black list this one is!!!

I hope im not opening the pandoras box again I wouldve been more than happy if the sheet had a typo error
Old 14th March 2008, 16:28   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
What??!! What is winners pit now???

It was called the Park ferme or something like that. I don't remember correctly.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:36   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Yes a big congrats to all!!

Its a shame that a person of so much repute like Neville Poonawalla with so much going for his name and past super performances had to enter a "Souped up" RS for the speed run and run it in both classes, street stock [in which he got placed (shame-shame)] and the pro stock. I cant understand what the Autocar people were doing? Wasnt it just plain favoritism? How can your car run in both classes. Firstly it had a huge intercooler and a bigger turbo. What one will do to get a place and its a sheer in your face attitude. ''Im so and so and so im above the rules''. For me, he was an icon and ive lost respect for him after this antic!!
Sad Neville...very sad seeing you resort to such tactics.
And shame on you Autocar!! Shame-Shame!!

See the huge intercooler!! By what stretch of imagination was this car entered in the street stock category?

This message is in reply to V-16’s remarks on Neville Poonawala’s Skoda:

First and foremost, the learned person should comment only after reading the Supplementary Regulations (SR – which are authorized by both MAI and FMSCI) governing a particular event (Speed Run 2008in this case) in TOTO. His comments also make me seriously doubt his technical understanding of cars in general (how does he assume that car is fitted with a bigger turbo) and motor sport as a whole. Autocar as an organization enjoys highest repute, does not distinguish or show favoritism to any, and hence has backing of companies like Bharat Petroleum. There was NO QUESTION of any partiality towards Neville as in this case the event’s SR permitted the vehicle to run both in Street Stock and Pro Stock classes with the permitted modifications.

The person himself has commented that Neville enjoyed huge respect in his eyes and should thus understand that Neville wouldn’t be so stupid to show off a large intercooler by removing the bumper grills if he had to hide something.

And lastly but not the least, both Scrutinizers and Marshals of the event plus a dozen learned fellow competitors of Neville would have noticed any above board modifications and would have protested and/or disqualified Neville if something was found out of the order.

V-16 should seriously rethink and post a public apology for making derogatory statements and maligning image of organizations like Autocar and a person like Neville Poonawala.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2008 at 21:50. Reason: Comments against a member
Old 15th March 2008, 07:56   #441
BHPian

(havent read all the thread as am on a public computer )
Re :skylines
my point about skyilines on the other thread was that it is very difficult(... immpossable) to get a road legal skyline under 10 secs.
If that 9.2 run is genuine, the timing accurate, and the car road legal then its anoungst the fastest road legal skyilines on the planet.If not THE fastest.So congratulations to all those involved.
However, If its not road legal(road legal means in a country that has that concept as the norm , so possably not india...) its another ball game altogether.I think I've heared of full drag race skylines running under 8 secs.
anyway a great run Any car that does under 10 secs is brilliant.D
Old 15th March 2008, 08:11   #442
BHPian

Ok just read the rtesults and the skyline was running in thwe unrestricted class.So i geuss NOT road legal.
someone asked aboud the viper.Things like vipers (& gallard) are very quick at the top end.All that torque.They never do well on the strip.
Also road cars are genearll y not V fast .An 1935 ERA S/C will run 12.5 with only 350 bhp.But its a race car so is built to do that only.A mclaren SLR with 600bhp cant top that for example.
Only things like the Mclaren F1 & Enzo do realy quick times.And those are no quicker(about 11) than say a metro 6R4 with only half the power.
Shame this event seems to have been so badly run.Why are so many things in India like that ? It must very very frustrating for you all.I do agree that a team BHP organised event would be a fantastic thing .Motor sport can be done , & run by all.Not only those who consider themselves its guardians.Its high time that all you Indian enthusiats start your own stuff .And good luck to all
Enjoy D

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (any1 = anyone, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th March 2008 at 10:13. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 17th March 2008, 02:58   #443
Senior - BHPian

Firstly Neville, let me welcome you to this forum. At least my post has bought you to become a member here.
We look forward to your future posts in which I hope you will share your vast experience and knowledge with us and hopefully solve any query, a member may have, which you might have know of.

Now coming to all this uncalled for commotion, let let me explain a few things.
Looking at your intercooler, it is obvious that it is a FMIC which is not stock, hence I deduced that you were running a bigger turbo. In fact in the post where you have clarified that part I have no reason to disbelieve you and I will take your word for it being the person you are and the reputation you enjoy, with me and im sure, with a lot of others on the forum. Only the tone needn't have been as it was...but thats in the past. So if you say you were not running a larger Turbo, so be it.(you will admit with the monster aftermarket FMIC and missing vent grille pods, it did look suspicious) I will very happily take my words and some of my disappointment in you back and will happily stand corrected.
Now even if you maintain that your intercooler is stock...im not in the habit to argue. For those who know cars (even those who are not as knowledgeable as you) a look is enough. I would like to draw your attention to my post below which I have reproduced for your benefit only. Please read the highlighted, bold parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Yes a big congrats to all!!
Its a shame that a person of so much repute like Neville Poonawalla with so much going for his name and past super performances had to enter a "Souped up" RS for the speed run and run it in both classes, street stock [in which he got placed (shame-shame)] and the pro stock. I cant understand what the Autocar people were doing? Wasnt it just plain favoritism? How can your car run in both classes. Firstly it had a huge intercooler and a bigger turbo. What one will do to get a place and its a sheer in your face attitude. ''Im so and so and so im above the rules''. For me, he was an icon and ive lost respect for him after this antic!!
Sad Neville...very sad seeing you resort to such tactics.
And shame on you Autocar!! Shame-Shame!!

See the huge intercooler!! By what stretch of imagination was this car entered in the street stock category?

In my above post which has lead to a limited outcry, you will notice that I have never questioned your skills or abilities. I have maintained that I have admiration of your capabilities, which will remain, contrary to what you may feel.
Coming to your short outburst, I will, point by point, give answer to the best of my ability. Please note that I am in no way interested in any controversy that someone may be trying try to create. I do not subscribe to this forum to argue or to get uncivil about anything that concerns this forum or most of its members. What I feel is true, I say...in a civil manner, hoping that reciprocation if any, should be handed over in the same tone. Not a lot to ask I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neville1507 View Post
Dear friends,
The truth is out there in the form of supplementary regulations published in english by Autocar.
You have not posted the rules which say that cars participating in the pro stock class are not allowed to take part in the street stock category my friend. (Or was it vice versa...experts or those who have a copy of these rules kindly post to put an end to the controversy). I remember reading, discussing and clarifying this point at the Autocar office.

Quote:
Intelligent people should read them and maturely understand them.
Exactly, so why didn't you read them Neville?? I guess you might have missed this one in small print.

Quote:
also i would seriously question your technical ability and understanding in automobiles to tell the difference between a standard and bigger turbo
Wish you all the best Mr. V-16.
If you care to read my posts Neville, I have openly said it and will still maintain that your knowledge about cars in most fields is more than mine. No shame in admitting the truth is there? We all live and learn..
....But to cast aspirations on the ability of another, whoever he/she may be without even knowing the person is uncalled for and throughly disappointing, especially coming from you.
I guess partial wrong interpretation of my post had temporarily clouded your perception. I hope things are clearer now.

Quote:
if the intercooler is not part of the intake system of the engine - then which part is it of. frankly no one thought of or has thought of cooling the intercooler as i did to increase performance. also the coc did stop me and asked me to move it to the area outside the zapp pits... which i finally did move to .... also why is un-sporting of me to cool the intercooler ??. on the other hand, what if another competitor's engine had overheating problems ?? he would be using water to cool the radiator down and then run !!! its sad people find it un-sporting when they find someone doing something out of the ordinary. Give me a logical reason why i should not have cooled the intercooler. i can assure you next year everyone will be doing it. all competitors can do what they like as long as they are within the rules, to keep pushing the envelope...

cheers
Sorry Neville, you are not the Pioneer in cooling your intercooler in this way. Last year Karan Shah of KS Motorsport was already using that technique which IMHO is quite ok but doing it in the line up area is not done buddy.
My only issue is that the RS should have run in any one class only as that was the rule. If it wasn't then i stand corrected again. Maybe you did not do it on purpose. What i am trying to say is that, it was the job of someone to point it out to you, and it wasn't done.

Coming to favoritism, lets not even get there because you know in your heart of heart whats true...as do all of us. I do not want to get in those issues. It was for you to ponder and us to see. It was discussed and not many person's are happy with it.

Its simple Neville, there were loopholes in the rules which many took advantage of. There are two faces to that coin;
In their books it might be intelligence....
....The way i look at it it is downright unsporting.

The following post does not even warrant an answer but as it is a singular post by supposedly, a "Fan" and although I am made out to be quite "Technically Challenged", I will try to reply, to the best of my so believed "Limited Abilities" for the first and the last time to this opinionated and judgmental gentleman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babin View Post
This message is in reply to V-16’s remarks on Neville Poonawala’s Skoda:

First and foremost, the learned person should comment only after reading the Supplementary Regulations (SR – which are authorized by both MAI and FMSCI) governing a particular event (Speed Run 2008in this case) in TOTO.
May I recommend that you do the same kind sir??

Quote:
His comments also make me seriously doubt his technical understanding of cars in general (how does he assume that car is fitted with a bigger turbo) and motor sport as a whole.
My learned friend,
if you spend half the time you have been spending scrutinizing my posts, on reading the rules of the forum, and then posting. you would be doing all of us a great favour.
Secondly let this be the first and the last time you cast aspirations about the ability of any member of this forum, including mine. You do not know me and your revelation from your first post makes me want to keep it that way.
First introduce yourself in your debut post and then learn the ways of conducting yourself on this forum. That would teach you to Please Refrain from future derogatory remarks about anybody.

Quote:
Autocar as an organization enjoys highest repute, does not distinguish or show favoritism to any, and hence has backing of companies like Bharat Petroleum.
What else can I say??!!

Quote:
the event’s SR permitted the vehicle to run both in Street Stock and Pro Stock classes with the permitted modifications.
Babin, read the rules please.

Quote:
The person himself has commented that Neville enjoyed huge respect in his eyes and should thus understand that Neville wouldn’t be so stupid to show off a large intercooler by removing the bumper grills if he had to hide something.
"The Person" has himself said these words so needs no Reference To Context, my dear friend. I still respect Neville's abilities and nothing will change that. I do not know him personally, so do you see me commenting on his knowledge? IMHO you should follow this practice too.
...thats why one gets disappointed when he sees something that he does not expect from someone. Please read my post and if I may take the liberty to borrow a word from your post read it "IN TOTO"
Also you have repeated exactly what Neville has said and clarified. I dont think a repetitive, ECHO post does anything else, except adds to the confusion.

Quote:
And lastly but not the least, both Scrutinizers and Marshals of the event plus a dozen learned fellow competitors of Neville would have noticed any above board modifications and would have protested and/or disqualified Neville if something was found out of the order.
I was not running for Neville to get disqualified, please get this straight.
If the scrutinizers and whoever would have done their jobs a lot of things would have worked well lets not get there.
In fact a protest was made if I remember right but if you care to read the previous posts then you will know the outcome of that protest too.

Quote:
V-16 should seriously rethink and post a public apology for making derogatory statements and maligning image of organizations like Autocar and a person like Neville Poonawala.
You sound like a politician
I am not maligning anyone leave alone Neville.
I am man enough to admit when I go wrong and gracefully accept it.
In fact I feel you are Maligning me. Are you man enough to apologize to me? Seriously i am not even looking for any apology. I am entitled to My opinion as you are entitled to yours...only make sure its not personal.
Getting uncivil is very easy and two can play the game, some more adeptly than the other but some of us know how to tackle things more maturely.
Please not do not go advising people whom you do not know about the course of action to be taken, least of all Me.
If I do need your valuable advice, I will PM you but from what I can forsee, That not likely going to happen.
I feel I have clarified the whole issue which was misconstrued.
Neville, I hope you see things in a different light now.
Babin...remember to go through the forum rules!!

Last edited by V-16 : 17th March 2008 at 03:00.
Old 17th March 2008, 13:50   #444
BHPian

@ V-16 - Hats off buddy. You are a model of self-restraint and diplomacy. May your tribe increase
Old 19th March 2008, 10:20   #445
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Finally got the videos of my runs from Shrivz and have uploaded them

ImageShack - Hosting :: jiggycivicrunvl9.flv

ImageShack - Hosting :: jiggyhondaabortedrungd1.flv

ImageShack - Hosting :: jiggyhondafinalrunyz6.flv

ImageShack - Hosting :: jiggyhondapracticerunps5.flv

Viper

Last edited by viper : 19th March 2008 at 10:22.
Old 19th March 2008, 15:01   #446
BHPian

Thanks for uploading them, that was too much of wheel spin at my launch in 1st, 2nd and part of third gear in final run must have lost couple of secs there only. that video shows how much important is the Traction issue.should address that in next S.R.
Old 19th March 2008, 15:06   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
must have lost couple of secs there only..
Couple of Seconds, Jitu Bhai ? . Looks like Godzilla is going down in the next S.R. I'd pay BIG money to watch that, actually!
Old 19th March 2008, 15:18   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Couple of Seconds, Jitu Bhai ? . Looks like Godzilla is going down in the next S.R. I'd pay BIG money to watch that, actually!
Pls stop comparing to godzilla thats a different breed itself. Have you seen the video i am talking about? you know i dont want to crib about whats happened but that video is a good learning example for me.
Old 19th March 2008, 15:19   #449
BHPian

After patiently reading all these posts, I am wondering if some one has any concrete plans of actually doing a Team BHP drag race? Would be glad if the same is shared.
As far as favouritism is concerned, I also detest it like anything. However this seems to be a case in motorsports. Best example is the open favouritism shown towards Ferrari by Max Moseley. Ok, now have I opened another Pandora’s Box?

Last edited by Maverick1977 : 19th March 2008 at 15:23.
Old 19th March 2008, 16:21   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Thanks for uploading them, that was too much of wheel spin at my launch in 1st, 2nd and part of third gear in final run
Yes. That was the video, which I saw. Let me make this very clear that I'm neither ridiculing nor criticizing you. From what I can gather,in that video, it is Viper who is wheel spinning, not you and he'll end up saving some time with better traction. If I also recollect correctly, you were running drag slicks as opposed to Viper's street stock tyres.

Last edited by vikram18 : 19th March 2008 at 16:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks