Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 23:48   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiranhaBoy View Post
Last i heard was, its(if it does take place that is) somewhere in May.
SR wpnt be held in B'lore for sure,i spoke to the officials they said the Blore govt is not allowing to organise DRAG, if there's any other drag thn pls let us know,
Old 5th March 2008, 00:13   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Add diven_b,KSMotorsport & satan's_enemy to that list. Im not sure if the paras on the list is the same paras we have on our forum.
Almost forgot wheelie boy.
Old 5th March 2008, 00:23   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Add diven_b,KSMotorsport & satan's_enemy to that list. Im not sure if the paras on the list is the same paras we have on our forum.

yep its me 2nd in 1.6+ to 2.0 prostock i still dont have a clue how did a viva came in my category
Old 5th March 2008, 00:31   #244
Team-BHP Support

Monkey is most certainly pissed off, thts the longest he's ever posted :P

manson.
Old 5th March 2008, 00:44   #245
F50
Senior - BHPian

Two days were tiring. But it was fun going up and down. But the sad part was that the management was not upto the mark. Too many delays, confusion all around and it turned out to be frustrating for everyone. Many things involved, cant blame one.

Day1: As the track was handed over at 9 am instead of the early morning, that actually laid the pattern for the day. Everything went off the schedule and we see bikes still running and it was close to 5 pm. Then few cars were squeezed in for the next hour or so.
V-16, Dan(?), Balenopower(?) had their run in the evening. Did couple of runs in the swift in the late evening against Addy and it was fun. Addy and I left the track and on the way called NC for few drinks.

Day 2: Got up some how at 5 am with getting less than 4 hrs of sleep, I knew the day ahead was going to be more tiring and heat was just going to add to it. But seeing and hearing lovely exhaust notes of the R1s, Gixxers, Ninjas it was a going to be a good day.
The proceeding started 9.30 am, still late but bit early compared to day1. As I was most of the time in holding area, didn’t get to see any runs. Met few the bhpians who took part in the different categories like Dan, Balenopower, bhp, thewolf, V-16, Viper, Jitu, Monkey etc. Later in the imports, it was a treat to see the bikes and cars. Few of my friends took part with their Gsx 1000s, 750s etc. No idea about their timings but they had fairly good runs. ZZR 1400 failed to impress, I suppose.
The girl who was riding 600(?) and R1 was quite impressive. Kbk_75 your M3 looks very good. And the white just compliments the looks. When the GS’s Skyline did the burnout and initial run, I was right behind it. It was just amazing to see it disappear. And finally, the day was over. Tired but followed up by a very good meet which was very refreshing.
It was nice to be close to the action.

I have got extremely few pics, 5 to be precise.

@Manson - I agree. Monkey is like Salmaan Khan of Hum Saath Saath Hain! He hardly had any dialogues.
Old 5th March 2008, 01:04   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Monkey is most certainly pissed off, thts the longest he's ever posted :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
@Manson - I agree. Monkey is like Salmaan Khan of Hum Saath Saath Hain! He hardly had any dialogues.
I wouldn't be saying that if I were you!
Old 5th March 2008, 01:07   #247
F50
Senior - BHPian

What are you doubting then? Manson's judgement or my comparison?
Old 5th March 2008, 01:37   #248
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pics from the pit area:

More to come, including some nice videos, once I get sort out which memory card is where.
Old 5th March 2008, 02:02   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
What are you doubting then? Manson's judgement or my comparison?
Manson's judgement!
Old 5th March 2008, 02:07   #250
BHPian

Wishful thinking

When is this likely to come to the speedrun?

Last edited by drpullockaran : 5th March 2008 at 02:08.
Old 5th March 2008, 03:22   #251
BHPian

Bradus Tuning Box @ 165/- K + VAT

Quote:
How much do those brabus kits costs? Do they have a dealer in Bombay?
Sahil,

I am not so sure, but I think a tuning box from Brabus for E280 cdi sells @ Rs. 165/- + VAT. This happens @ 4 Seasons. I saw them fitting it in some car [MB] a few days back when I was there for a K & N Filter.
4 Seasons = Jaywant Industrial Estate - Tardeo - Mumbai
Old 5th March 2008, 04:10   #252

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

guys what happened in the viper vs ford rocam run?Ford rocam stopped in between!

In the video,ford rocam vs zen,why did Jitu start so late.Similar case with viper and the zen,where the zen doesnt start.
Looking at the videos,its pretty apparent that the event was pathetically organised.
Old 5th March 2008, 08:48   #253
BANNED

Zapp Speed Run 2008

Hi Guys,

Would like to narrate below my experience of this years Speed Run organised by Zapp.

Friday 29th February 2008 - Drivers Briefing

We were told to reach the venue at 5.00pm sharp and most of reached a wee bit earlier due to the enthusiasm and wanted to get it over with asap. In all fairness almost all the organisers were present there at the scheduled hour, and we were all kept waiting outside for 2 main reasons 1> No power in the auditorium & 2> Dockets not available from Autocar. They blame the delay on traffic jams caused by a certain VIP's wedding at the adjacent Racecourse. Once the dockets arrived at approx 7.45 pm there was utter chaos and they tried to let people go inside in a orderly fashion, with no success. The briefing was a sham all of 2 mins and then we were told that all dockets had not come and that we would have to go the Autocar office to collect them.

I think around 40-50 guys came to the Autocar office waiting for the organisers to return from the briefing. I managed to leave by 11.30pm(early as I knew the guys) the rest waited for god knows how long.

Day I - Khargar

Pit lane was more organised than last year and we managed to get our cars scrutinised in the scheduled time frame. All events were running approx 3-4 hours late as per the reasons already explained by F50. What was upsetting was the I care a damn attitude by the organisers. The Zapp team was given a private enclosure outside of the pitlane and all their team members, helpers etc etc were having a field day walking in & out of their paddocks and onto the staging area as if they owned the place and that no rules/security checks were applicable to them. Thanks to Sam I spent most of Day I in the VIP stands.

Day II - Race Day

Reached the venue at 8.00 am as told only to see chaos. As expected the track was not handed over in time. All events were again approx 2 hours late. I managed to bag 2nd place in the Street Stock 1651-2050 CC Category driving Vikram18's Civic and had some pretty good runs in my B16a as well. We were told to line up for our practice run at 3.00pm in the staging area and just as we were to start the big boss decides he wants to drive so everyone else is kept waiting like idiots. He did about 5-6 runs in his 4 diff cars and then the organisers decide they want to run the foreign bikes. We were kept waiting in the staging area for about 2 hours. Whenever GS came on track there were like 60-70 of his guys forming a cordon even messing around with the security and treating everyone like ****. All rules were broken(cigarette smoking in the staging area/venue, drinking beer in the staging area to name a few.

This has left almost everyone who attended/participated pissed of and I for one am shooting of a letter to Autocar.

As far as my run in the B16 goes I was informed by the Tbhpians in the stand that I clocked 15.12 ET in the practise run and Jitu did 17.725. In the final run I think I beat Jitu but timing was not registered due to some error in the machine and we had to do a re-run. In the re-run I did a 14.66 Et and Jitu 14.12 ET (not bad considering i got my car TC'd and up and running in 4 days flat with zero experience driving such a powerful car for the first time on track). I was extremely pleased as I expected the difference to be greater.

Viper

PS - All times mentioned above to be verified as this is what I was informed by the Tbhpians in the stand.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th March 2008 at 09:51. Reason: figures corrected on request.
Old 5th March 2008, 08:55   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Almost forgot wheelie boy.
i hope now u remebr me,,hahahahah,,

any one got my wheelie video/pics ?
Old 5th March 2008, 09:10   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy View Post
SR wont be held in B'lore for sure,i spoke to the officials they said the Blore govt is not allowing to organise DRAG, if there's any other drag thn pls let us know,
Yeah your right, its not gonna be SR, but organized privately as stated by Pawan!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks