Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2023, 16:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

California Superbike School | India dates & pricing for 2024 announced

The California Superbike School will be conducting training sessions in India next year. The sessions will be held at the Madras International Circuit on January 26-28 and February 2-4, 2024.

California Superbike School | India dates & pricing for 2024 announced-p8.jpg

The training has been divided into two packages. The 3-day package for Levels 1, 2 and 3 costs Rs 75,000. Riders who have completed the first three levels can opt for the Level 4 package, which costs Rs 1.30 lakh. The prices include insurance, fuel, food and 18% GST.

Each weekend will include four slots. The organizers will offer motorcycles to those who do not bring their bikes. However, these are limited in number and will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 10:56   #2
BHPian

Re: California Superbike School | India dates & pricing for 2024 announced

I have got enrolled to L1 training at Indimotard, event scheduled on 12-13 Jan 2024. I own a CB350 and clocked ~ 11k KMs. I remember watching Shumi's video where he says you don't need a track focused motorcycle (such as R15 or any sports style ones) to learn the basics of track riding. When I enquired about rental options, R15 / apache are being rented at a whopping cost of Rs. 15k for the weekend. This makes me wonder should I take my CB350 (H'ness) or still go for the rented R15? Any suggestions from the senior members would be extremely helpful. I am looking to upgrade to either R3 or Aprilia RS 457 once it enters our market and sufficient time has elapsed to test their service experience etc.
Old 21st November 2023, 13:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_gear_7krpm View Post
This makes me wonder should I take my CB350 (H'ness) or still go for the rented R15? Any suggestions from the senior members would be extremely helpful.
I've done L1 and L2 many years ago when I had my Ninja 250R and what fun it was.

Unlearnt a lot, learnt so much more, and therefore I highly recommend going to such schools and getting the basics right. It has helped my riding improve significantly.

That said, if you can afford to get the rental R15, go with it. It is a track-focused bike and will help you understand the machine better. Your CB however may not be a bad idea either considering you are attending L1 and the focus is mostly on basics such as braking, throttle control, etc. However, God forbid anything happens to your bike, claiming insurance will be a nightmare. So decide accordingly and hope you have your riding gears in place. Armoured jacket, pants, gloves, boots, helmet, etc.

Have fun.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 15:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
So decide accordingly and hope you have your riding gears in place. Armoured jacket, pants, gloves, boots, helmet, etc.
Thank you @n_aditya . I would consider 15k rental as an insurance and go for it! Apparently one piece leather suit is mandatory, so I would have to rent that our as well, despite having Rynox riding jacket and pants.
Old 22nd November 2023, 07:13   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_gear_7krpm View Post
I have got enrolled to L1 training at Indimotard, event scheduled on 12-13 Jan 2024. I own a CB350 and clocked ~ 11k KMs. I remember watching Shumi's video where he says you don't need a track focused motorcycle (such as R15 or any sports style ones) to learn the basics of track riding.
I have enrolled for CSS with my Tiger Sport 660 (that has clocked a very similar ~11k kms), a totally awkward choice for the track. However, I feel the objective of going there is to learn to ride our motorcycles better and not go faster with theirs.

CSS encourages this, however I'm not sure of Indimotard. Below is the response I received from CSS.

Quote:
Yes of course, your own motorcycle will do better on track and that works too.

Have to remove the side mirrors or we will cover by the Duct tapes that's all.
Fellow Moderator Axe77 had attended on his ADV as well earlier - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...t-chennai.html (Review: California Superbike School @ MMRT Chennai)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd November 2023 at 07:15.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:36   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
However, I feel the objective of going there is to learn to ride our motorcycles better and not go faster with theirs.
Thanks Mod! As I said earlier, since I'm looking to upgrade to a sports style motorcycle, it may be beneficial for me to get a first hand feel of it on the track. Hence I will go for the rented R15 or the likes.

On a totally different note, I have become a strong critique of H'ness CB350 for its poor performance on highways, so no point learning to ride that bike any better when I know I'm not going to keep it for long.
Old 26th February 2024, 14:57   #7
BHPian

Hello Guys. Is there any update on the session? Anybody participated for the event?
Would like to see some amazing pictures and updates on how the session went.
Old 26th February 2024, 20:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebikemaster View Post
Anybody participated for the event?
Would like to see some amazing pictures and updates on how the session went.
4 BHPians attended it and have shared their experiences here.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 13:44   #9

Hi folks - am considering registering for the 2025 session when it opens. Had a few questions:
1. I’m a newbie to biking. I do have my license and have clocked around 500km. Am I too inexperienced for L1? I’m essentially looking for something that helps me become a good general biker, not specifically a racer.
2. Gear - where can I rent one for the session? I have mesh armored but don’t think that’s allowed.

Just slightly intimidated by all the pics and wondering if it’s a bit too much too handle. Thanks in advance for your insights.

Venky.

Most Viewed