Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2023, 15:10   #1
BHPian

Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023

Hello everyone! After the raging success in Delhi, we're back with Drift Day! This time in Mumbai!

We're beyond excited to announce DRIFT DAY 2ND EDITION!

Time: 4:00 to 10:00 pm
Date: 21/05/2023

Arrive & Drift

Ever imagined the thrill of purposely making a car get sideways with yourself behind the wheel? Our ‘Arrive and Drift’ package could be your answer. We take care of all the minor details to let you and your friends or guests concentrate on the really important fun - the drifting! All you have to do is bring your own car and use our tracks to learn & practice drifting in a safe and controlled environment.

Requirement: Rear-wheel drive car
Duration: 6 hours
Cost: INR 10,000

Drift Car Rental

Now’s the chance for you to rent a performance-ready drift build and experience the thrill of driving on the race track. Here you'll get to enjoy high adrenaline-fuelled laps filled with plenty of burnt rubber and sideways action! Master the basics in a custom-prepared drift car, the Mercedes C200 W203 (200 hp) - record holder for India’s Longest Drift, under the guidance of professional & experienced drivers!

Includes: Car, Instructor, Tires, Fuel & Damages
Duration: 30 minutes
Cost: INR 50,000

Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-bbd-annoucement-story.png

We request you to register on the link below and confirm your booking. The bookings will be strictly accepted online. The registrations will close once all the slots are booked. Please note that there will be no on-the-spot registrations.

Registration link: https://forms.gle/eiUe4GJwYUCMyr4C8

Let's go, Mumbai!!!

Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-sunday-frive4.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-sunday-frive9.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-dsc_6458.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-dsc_6548.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-bg5.png
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-0k9a9461.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-sunday-frive14.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 6th May 2023 at 09:04. Reason: Let's continue the discussion here, thanks for sharing!
muditgrover is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 15:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 21st May 2023

Recently there was a thread on how enthusiasts spend their Sundays (Related thread). Well, I spent the last Sunday at the Raymond Race Track in Thane. Occasion? A drift event organized by Bad Boi Drifts where you could either get your own rear-wheel-drive car and drift or rent a drift car and get some training from professional drifters. They’re arranging similar events everywhere, so you can check their website for more details.

That’s BHPian muditgrover behind the wheel of the E46 who’s also the national record holder for performing a continuous drift for the longest duration. He did it in a W203 C-Class holding on to a drift for 19 minutes and 20 seconds at the Buddh International Circuit, Greater Noida:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-1.jpg

One of the participants arrived in this sexy looking Mercedes E63 S. Unfortunately, it didn’t get on the track that day. Would’ve loved to see it slide around with the ‘Drift’ mode on:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-2.jpg

One of the cars that participants could use for learning how to drift. The W203 seems like the perfect generation to begin your drifting journey:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-3.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-25.jpg

This is the W203 in which Mudit set the national record. The car runs on drift spec coilovers and 205/55 R16 tyres. And since the car is primarily used for drifting, it has a welded differential as well:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-4.jpg

This is a 2.0-litre ‘Kompressor’ petrol engine with an ECU tune, a custom downpipe, a full exhaust system and a ported supercharger. It sends all the power to the rear wheels through a 6-speed manual transmission:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-5.jpg

The most essential part of a drift event – a tyre station:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-6.jpg

This is an E46 3-series drift car:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-7.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-8.jpg

Not a lot of details on this build, but it is running a 6-cylinder X5 engine:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-9.jpg

The interiors were completely stripped down:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-10.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-11.jpg

Also at the event was this E46 purpose-built drift car. This project was done between D&O Motorsports and KS Motorsport:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-12.jpg

It runs an LS motor!
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-13.jpg

Yes, those are Nitrous Oxide injectors:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-131.jpg

The whole suspension and steering system have been reworked to let this car go sideways:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-15.jpg

You might have noticed the missing radiator at the front:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-16.jpg

That’s because all the engine cooling system has been moved to the back:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-19.jpg

The air is fed through this big scoop where the rear windshield would be. Who needs to look back when you’re going sideways?
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-18.jpg

Bigger rotors:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-17.jpg

The interiors are not only stripped down, but the gauges are also custom-made. The car also has a chassis roll cage for better stability:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-20.jpg

That’s the e-brake and the manual gear knob:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-21.jpg

Dom Toretto approves:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-22.jpg

Couple of W204s being prepped:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-23.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-24.jpg

KS Motorsports’ EVO 8 convert looks super cool:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-26.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-27.jpg

Last edited by Omkar : 23rd May 2023 at 21:54.
Omkar is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 15:04   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 21st May 2023

There were two sections of the track. This was the skid pad where you could practice the figure of 8 or just do donuts. Water on the tarmac made it easier for the car to slide:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-11.jpg

The M4 looks absolutely gorgeous going sideways:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-12.jpg

Some drift shots of the E46 LS drift car:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-6.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-7.jpg

That was the condition of tyres after just a few laps around the track:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-8.jpg

BHPian muditgrover was smooth throughout and also pretty close to the edge:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-9.jpg

The W204 was still being built. It didn’t have a manual handbrake, and the driver had to depend on dumping the clutch to get the tail out:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-1.jpg

Things didn’t always go according to plan:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-3.jpg

But when they did, the car looked great sideways:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-2.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-4.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-5.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-13.jpg
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-15.jpg

Donuts around models at a drift event is pretty much expected:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-d-16.jpg

A close look at the aftermath:
Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-dsc00533.jpg

Here's a compilation of some videos:

From the passenger side:

Last edited by Omkar : 23rd May 2023 at 17:58.
Omkar is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 22:51   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
From the passenger side
This guy drifts like a champion! Is it an engine swap? Revvs freely more like a Honda engine than a Mercedes petrol. In fact, I don't think this gen of the C-Class was sold with an MT in India, so definitely a swap.

Great video .
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 00:00   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This guy drifts like a champion! Is it an engine swap? Revvs freely more like a Honda engine than a Mercedes petrol. In fact, I don't think this gen of the C-Class was sold with an MT in India, so definitely a swap.

Great video .
Truly. The car control these guys have is commendable.

I was told that the Merc engines weren't swapped. They were tuned, had performance exhausts, and had welded diffs.

Note that they use these cars to teach drifting to amateur drivers. Their session includes everything - damages (to an extent), fuel, tyres, etc. So, in terms of mods, they've kept it bare minimum.
Omkar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 11:02   #6

Quote:

Great video .
I think they did offer an MT in the base variant of this car. I remember seeing a few manual versions up for sale on olx recently.
hungrybarbarian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 15:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:

This is an E46 3-series drift car:

Not a lot of details on this build, but it is running a 6-cylinder X5 engine:

The interiors were completely stripped down:
Would it be possible to get any details on the manual gearbox used and how it and the required parts were sourced? The dream for me is to have an NA straight 6, manual BMW!! Something RAW and track focused like this is just the cherry on top!!! Loved it, perfect spec!

What an amazing event, would loved to have taken part! A couple of friends attended the event and was keenly following on insta. Hope to see a lot more.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 18:22   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. In fact, I don't think this gen of the C-Class was sold with an MT in India, so definitely a swap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrybarbarian View Post
I think they did offer an MT in the base variant of this car. I remember seeing a few manual versions up for sale on olx recently.
I remember seeing the manual transmission offered in both the petrol and diesel being mentioned in SVP's Car&Bike show when the w204 was launched. If I am not wrong, it was mentioned for a couple of months in the Buyers' guide in Autocarindia. But after that nothing!!! To the extent that I thought a manual w204 was an urban legend, until I stumbled across petrol manual W204s for sale on OLX. Stumbled across the Insta page of a BHPian and voila, he has a C220cdi manual!! He said that he knew of three cars in Kerala and three in Bengaluru. His was a Mumbai regd one.

So, definitely the last manual Merc to be sold in India was the W204 and not the W203.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 21:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

re: Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023

Oh nice, it's really cool to see purpose built cars and people who know what they are doing rather than the usual wrap + air filter + tune job ("it makes 300hp now bro") that dominates the Indian car scene.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 19:05   #10
BHPian

Wonderful thread. Loved the pictures and the videos. Are there any videos of cars that were running open diffs by any chance?
Old 31st May 2023, 13:05   #11
BHPian

Great to finally see the drift scene coming up in our India.
It is one of the if not the fastest growing motorsport around the globe.

Been wanting to do a detailed write up of my own little drift build for the longest while but
have been putting it off for many reasons, this thread might just be the catalyst.
Old 2nd June 2023, 19:30   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Great video .
Haha, Thank you!! Yes, W203 and W204 came with 1800cc supercharged manual rwd configuration!

Quote:
Truly. The car control these guys have is commendable.

I was told that the Merc engines weren't swapped. They were tuned, had performance exhausts, and had welded diffs.

Note that they use these cars to teach drifting to amateur drivers. Their session includes everything - damages (to an extent), fuel, tyres, etc. So, in terms of mods, they've kept it bare minimum.
Thanks for coming, was loads of fun xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrybarbarian View Post
Correct sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Would it be possible to get any details on the manual gearbox used and how it and the required parts were sourced? The dream for me is to have an NA straight 6, manual BMW!! Something RAW and track focused like this is just the cherry on top!!! Loved it, perfect spec!

What an amazing event, would loved to have taken part! A couple of friends attended the event and was keenly following on insta. Hope to see a lot more.
6spd manual is stock from factory, I will write a build thread soon about my E46 330i Manual swapped drifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
I remember seeing the manual transmission offered in both the petrol and diesel being mentioned in SVP's Car&Bike show when the w204 was launched. If I am not wrong, it was mentioned for a couple of months in the Buyers' guide in Autocarindia. But after that nothing!!! To the extent that I thought a manual w204 was an urban legend, until I stumbled across petrol manual W204s for sale on OLX. Stumbled across the Insta page of a BHPian and voila, he has a C220cdi manual!! He said that he knew of three cars in Kerala and three in Bengaluru. His was a Mumbai regd one.

So, definitely the last manual Merc to be sold in India was the W204 and not the W203.
You're right sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Oh nice, it's really cool to see purpose built cars and people who know what they are doing rather than the usual wrap + air filter + tune job ("it makes 300hp now bro") that dominates the Indian car scene.
haha, thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Wonderful thread. Loved the pictures and the videos. Are there any videos of cars that were running open diffs by any chance?
There was a 330i drifting with an open diff, it did well on the skid pad. He had pretty good tires so didnt bother doing full track in the dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk24 View Post
Great to finally see the drift scene coming up in our India.
It is one of the if not the fastest growing motorsport around the globe.

Been wanting to do a detailed write up of my own little drift build for the longest while but
have been putting it off for many reasons, this thread might just be the catalyst.
What have you been working on? join us on our next event. Let's drift together!

This was a super fun event, we drifted all day.

Little video of how things went:

We are doing another drift day on 11th June!
muditgrover is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 19:32   #13
BHPian

We are coming back to Mumbai to take you sideways with our drifting! You can now buy tickets for 'Ride Alongs' on Insider.in and get to ride shotgun with a pro driver as they take you for exhilarating laps.

https://insider.in/drift-day-by-bad-...n11-2023/event

Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023-dd4-flyer1.png
muditgrover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 21:45   #14
BHPian

Re: Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
We are coming back to Mumbai to take you sideways with our drifting! You can now buy tickets for 'Ride Alongs' on Insider.in and get to ride shotgun with a pro driver as they take you for exhilarating laps.
\
Hi,

Pleasantly surprised to know that you are BHPian too. I was there last Sunday for the event and you took me in your e46 for the 'ride along'. Loved the experience and I was watching the videos multiple times after the event to relieve the experience. It was so much fun and great lifetime experience to be had.

Godspeed brother
cefiljoseph is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 10:48   #15
BHPian

Re: Report & Pics | Drift Day @ Raymond Race Track, Mumbai | 11th June 2023

muditgrover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks