Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2014, 14:17   #1
Team-BHP Support

Smaaash (Mumbai) now offers go-karting

Smaaash Entertainment is now offering go-karting in Mumbai. Located at Kamala Mills in Lower Parel, Smaaash and has a 70,000 square feet facility. It features activities for men, women and children, combining sports, music, dining and relaxation. The karting arena is located on the rooftop and called Sky Karting.

There are various packages available for which booking can be done online. Payment has to be done at the venue. Here's a quick glance at the rates for the various packages.

Weekdays:
  • Karting 101 (3 minutes) - Rs. 250
  • Karting Advanced (6 minutes) - Rs. 400
  • Karting Grand (10 minutes) - Rs. 600
  • Karting Mega Grand (15 minutes) Rs. 900
Weekends and public Holidays:
  • Karting 101 (3 minutes) - Rs. 300
  • Karting Advanced (6 minutes) - Rs. 500
  • Karting Grand (10 minutes) - Rs. 800
  • Karting Mega Grand (15 minutes) Rs. 1,000
Smaaash is also running a special online offer in which it is offering Karting Advanced (6 minutes) on weekdays, weekends and public holidays at Rs. 400.

Click here to pre-book a karting package at Smaaash

Click here to read the rules and regulations of Sky Karting
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 18:58   #2
BHPian

Re: Smaaash (Mumbai) now offers go-karting

That's a bit.. Expensive, no? I remember Go-Karting at Powai wasn't nearly as expensive.
Stiggy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 22:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

After I saw their Ads I was planning on going there but these rates are incredibly expensive o.O
I thought it would be charged by the lap and a few hundred for 10 laps or so....

Will have a look once they reduce costs. Is there parking available at Kamla Mills?
Old 26th October 2014, 09:13   #4
DWC
BHPian

Hopefully, it will be a good track with good karts. Thats the only way to justify the price.

Yes, there is parking available.
Old 26th October 2014, 21:52   #5
BHPian

Everything at Smaaash is ridiculously expensive. Been there multiple times, and the place is really good, definitely worth going to at least once, but the prices of everything is just outrageous.

It seems the prices for go-karting are following the trend, but then it's not like they have much competition in Bombay.
kadanaJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 17:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Reviews anyone? How powerful are the karts etc.
Old 4th November 2014, 19:35   #7
Team-BHP Support

Have missed going here till date, though I hear its a great set up they have. The surface apparently has some special coating, which gives more grip and the karts are in good condition too, though not the most powerful. This is what I've heard. Definitely need to go there soon.
Old 9th December 2014, 15:33   #8

Here is a review of the Smaaash Go-Karting experience.

1. It is COSTLY compare to other karting venues. It cost me 750 for 10 mins on the track. I took the advanced package which seems to be advertised as 600 on weekdays but they charge 750.

2. I have tried karting in many places - Pune, Goa(North and South), Mysore, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mahabaleshwar, etc and I can easily say that this was the most polished and well maintained arenas. It was the BEST track without a doubt.

3. My drive (there is less or no waiting on weekdays, at least) was at 9 PM. The track is well lit and looks good and being on a rooftop adds a bit of more drama.

4. The track has some glisten and shine which does say that it has some sort of special coating. The karts just grip. You don't need to even break hard. Dive into a corner and the kart holds its line.

5. The track layout is pleasant. There are 3 hairpin turns one after the other and that particular part of the track is just AMAZING.

6. A lot of safety has been maintained around the track. Especially being on the rooftop, it sounds dangerous, but there is enough fencing and a lot of collision tyres around to make you feel safe.

7. The Karts themselves are clean and look great. I personally felt they were underpowered. Didn't really get a kick or the insane thrill on those straights.

8. The karts are well-padded and even if accidentally scrape or hit the other karts, the impact is minimal and feel safe again.

9. A lot of safety equipment is provided - Helmets, shoes, pants (for people wearing knickers/shorts) and elbow safety guards. The elbow guards were a first for me. They were thick and had insulation material around them to keep you safe from that naked hot engine just behind you.

10. Finally, the SMAAASH experience itself is AWESOME. They have safety lights around the track to keep you notified. Their instructions are clear and concise. They even announce which kart number is assigned to you (no need to make a dash for the karts). In the end, they give you a neatly printed track report. This report publishes your Best lap time, how many laps you completed, the average lap time, et al. In the end, there is a podium where you can stand and feel proud of your efforts.

PS: I drove at a brisk pace and finished 17 laps within my 10 allotted minutes. That I felt was value for money !
jaideepnaidu.12 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:48   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Looks like its R.I.P. for yet another gokarting place in Mumbai.

Quote:
The Bombay High Court has refused to grant protection from demolition to a go-karting track, bar and restaurant run by Smaash Entertainment Private Ltd at the Kamala Mills compound where a major fire in a pub claimed 14 lives last week.
Source & Full Article
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:49   #10
BHPian

And to think Smaash is owned by none other than Sachin Tendulkar, who also happens to be a Bharat Ratna and respected Rajya Sabha member.

Clearly, greed is everything. Hero, no more.
Old 16th February 2018, 16:12   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Looks like its R.I.P. for yet another gokarting place in Mumbai.
Was bummed at seeing your post last month.

Drove past the place this Saturday late at night, and though it was shut - it looked like it could still be functional (all the karts were still parked in the pits).

Hope it bounces back...
Old 16th February 2018, 18:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Was bummed at seeing your post last month.

Drove past the place this Saturday late at night, and though it was shut - it looked like it could still be functional (all the karts were still parked in the pits).

Hope it bounces back...
They are open, Also have reduced pricing for most of their activities, Saw it on their facebook page couple of days back.

Smaaash (Mumbai) now offers go-karting-screen-shot-20180216-6.22.02-pm.png

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 16th February 2018 at 18:22.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:02   #13

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Reviews anyone? How powerful are the karts etc.
I have gone to the smaaash Go karting area once and it was awesome!!
The acceleration limit was till the sky, and still easy to control, there is a positions list and is fun to compete!

Definitely recommend going there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks