Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2014, 12:04   #1
Team-BHP Support

Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014

The Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday inaugural season will be held on 21 September, 2014. Track racing enthusiasts from will be able to avail special discounts on track activities.

Here's a quick look at what is on offer:

BIC Taxi Rides - A ride around the track in a Mercedes ML, C or E Class for those who would like to get an idea about the layout of the track. A minimum of three people will share the ride, which will cost Rs 1,000 per person, per lap.

BIC Tour - A tour of the Buddh International Circuit will cost Rs. 900 per person.

Bike Experience - Enthusiast can ride their own motorcycles on the circuit for a period of 30 minutes. The session will cost Rs. 3,000 with a free food coupon of Rs 200 and free transponders.

Car Experience - Enthusiasts can drive their own cars on the circuit for period of 30 minutes. It will cost Rs. 4,000 (all inclusive) with a free food coupon of Rs. 200. Transponders, however, will be charged at Rs. 250.

Arrive & Drive - Enthusiasts can drive cars provided by the organisers around the circuit for a period of 30 minutes. This activity will cost Rs. 8,000.

Anyone who wishes to participate, needs to book in advance and has to furnish his proof of age and driving licence. Helmets can be rented at Rs. 150.

Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014-bic.gif

Last edited by Aditya : 6th September 2014 at 12:05.
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 15:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014

I am very sure of Buddh being a world class facility, but it is unfortunately being run by people whose only aim is to make money without a care in the world for motorsports.

A few weeks ago, I called up the Buddh people on the number provided under the "time trial" section of their website. A very tired voice answered the phone. I asked him how much it would cost for me take my bike around the track for 1 session (1 session = 1 hour, per website). He said it would cost me Rs 4500 for half hour.

I told him that the website mentions Rs 3000 for an hour (even now, check out the link : http://www.buddhinternationalcircuit.in/BICTimeTrial/). He asked me to be on hold, while he yelled out questions at some "Sir ji" around some guy enquiring about riding his bike on the track.

After a few minutes, he came back to the phone and said - "4500 lagenge. Waise to aadha ghanta he allow hai, aap chala lena chaalis minute". I again questioned him on how he said it would be 4500 when the website clearly mentions 3000. His response - "Arrey sir, parchi kategi aapki. Hum apni jeb mein nahi daal rahe". I then told him - My question was not that who will pocket my money. I just want to know the exact charges. What if I need to arrange this for multiple people from out of town and they get a rude surprise on the charges that you are quoting and actuals? And why was (still isn't) the site not updated?

When I asked him when I could come to ride on the track, he said it would be "announced" and he has no clue when (and if) it would be scheduled this year. I might as well have been talking to a tree when I asked him how someone like me who does not have a facebook account can get the info / announcement.

This man was totally unaware, completely unprofessional and was obviously not someone who gave two hoots about motorsports. If he did, he would have understood the enthusiasm of just the prospect of riding / driving on this wonderful tarmac. Pathetic!!!

Now, compare this to Kari speedway. Called up the Apex racing academy and was greeted by a polite voice at the other end. Very professional and responded to my questions with a lot of patience. He enquired where I was from and upon hearing that I was from Delhi, he was quick to add that there were some budget hotels he could recommend just around the track. He also very clearly mentioned that since all the bikes had already been rented out for the Sep session, I should probably try in the later session which would be held in Oct (IIRC). Whatever he said matched the info on the website to the T. Excellent!

Not to say that the South Indian gentleman I spoke to did not care about making money, but he also seemed to care about the sport equally .... unlike the clueless fellow from BIC. It is my opinion that people down south are more tuned to motorsports and really care about developing it further. I find the biking scene up north more about posing, clicking a few pics and put them straight through to facebook.

Apologies for the long rant.

Now, anyone going?

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th September 2014 at 18:07. Reason: Rephrasing a few things. Please put your post across without personal attacks. Thanks ;)
Urban_Nomad is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 15:42   #3
Team-BHP Support

Yes , there website looks quite dated but it has details as posted by Aditya , the least they could have done was to built a Contact us form..

current offers -

http://buddhinternationalcircuit.in/

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th September 2014 at 15:47.
Old 9th September 2014, 11:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

I have registered for it and will be attending, will be coming on my bike though. Looking forward to meeting other folks from T-BHP.
Old 9th September 2014, 14:19   #5
BHPian

@ Urban Nomad, thank you for bringing this incident to our notice. At the outset I would like to apologise for the same and assure you that this has been addressed internally at BIC.

I assure you that we will not give you any cause for complaint in the future.
Sideways is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 20:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I am very sure of Buddh being a world class facility, but it is unfortunately being run by people whose only aim is to make money without a care in the world for motorsports.

This man was totally unaware, completely unprofessional and was obviously not someone who gave two hoots about motorsports.

UN your long rant has been heard in BIC see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
@ Urban Nomad, thank you for bringing this incident to our notice. At the outset I would like to apologise for the same and assure you that this has been addressed internally at BIC.

I assure you that we will not give you any cause for complaint in the future.
Sideways, great to see you back here at TBHP after a very long long time, really good of you to respond in the forum itself

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 15th September 2014, 11:23   #7
BHPian

I contacted the BIC team for the 21st September event. The response in terms of providing the quote and clarifications was good.

However I am backing out of participation once I learnt that there is no mechanism of deposit or insurance. If you cause damage to the car or the track, you need to pay from your own pocket.

I believe trackday insurance is available in the western world. Would love to see this being available in India so that regular Joes can participate. This is likely to increase aid towards popularity of trackdays as well and make it more viable as a side business for track owners / operators.

I understood earlier (perhaps incorrectly) that in case of an incident, your liability is limited to losing the deposit, which I was fine with

Last edited by vipul_singh : 15th September 2014 at 11:29.
Old 15th September 2014, 15:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if this is the Farhan effect, but as compared to my previous experience conversing with the folks at buddh, my latest interaction was definitely "sideways"
(In a good way)

Bad puns aside, I had a fantastic experience communicating with the peeps at the BIC. I emailed the peeps at buddh enquiring about the "happy hours" program. Within 3 hours, I got a detailed response back with phone numbers that I could call on for further clarification.

Making full use of the opportunity at hand, I called up a gentleman named Anzer Khan. Excellent guy, so very cooperative and straight fwd. "hey Anzer, are leathers must on the 21st as well", I asked. "Ride any day at the buddh, full leathers only boss. I'll help you with rentals, dont worry" was the response. No ambiguity, just clear and crisp communication. Two thumbs up Anzer. Keep up the good work mate
Old 23rd September 2014, 09:51   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post

Now, anyone going?
What you could probably do is follow their Facebook Page. Its updated to the date. Also, the management at the track(not at the phone) i.e. Uday, Anzar etc. are pretty good and polite.
Hope I see you at the next track day! Here are some pictures though!
Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014-action-2-copy.jpg

Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014-amit-copy.jpg

Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014-c-copy.jpg

Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014-cbr-copy.jpg

Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014-dabas-copy.jpg

Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014-dalal-copy.jpg

Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014-prithwi.-2-copy.jpg

Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014-sv-copy.jpg

Buddh International Circuit Super Sunday to be held on September 21, 2014-tarun-copy.jpg
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 13:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
What you could probably do is follow their Facebook Page. Its updated to the date
Hey, thanks for the pics. Hope you had fun

Unfortunately am not on Facebook and hence my earlier question to the gent on the phone - how to keep track of announcements if one is not in Facebook
Old 26th October 2022, 12:18   #11
BHPian

Sorry to necro this thread, but I really needed some information which I was not able to find on TeamBHP forum or the BIC website. I even called up the official number provided but I was told they **don't have the information!!**

I would appreciate if someone could assist me with these queries -

Queries as of 26th October, 2022

1. Is there an entry fee for entering the circuit grounds? Can I visit just as a spectator/ visitor without actually driving on a circuit?

2. Where do I find the calender of current events that are going on (including track days)? I explored every possible link I could find on the BIC website but to no avail.

3. What are the charges for a casual lap/30 mins of driving on the circuit? I understand there are multiple packages available, but I couldn't find any details.

4. Can I bring a family group of 8-10 people for a picnic/day at the track just to visit and spend some family time?

Regards,
Akshay.
akshaysehgal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks