Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 09:43   #136
BHPian

Re: The Valley Run : Drag Races @ Amby Valley on 9th / 10th March 2013

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2013 at 20:48.
i<3turbo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th March 2013, 09:46   #137
BHPian

After Wolf (Ritesh's) car tearing apart the drag strips from 2004-2008/09 now its a pleasure to see a new champ Vtec in the NA category. Congrats to (Fieroid) Joel Joseph on the 13.5 seconds timing. Never knew in the days of Speed Run that a car like the vtec in NA form was capable of doing early 13's. The star of the first speed run were vtec's and Baleno's doing very early 16's and 17's quater mile. The tuning industry is progressing ahead with full thrust. Congrats Joel and in the next run i am sure you will break into 12's.

More pictures and videos please!
redrage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 10:05   #138
BHPian

What a blast! Here are some more pics from the other side of the track..
Attached Images

TheQuarterMile is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 10:41   #139
BHPian

Quote:
The Bentleys and RR's and SUV's (Cayenne) made it even more boring. The jarring dubstep and lack of information displays made matters worse for the crowd. Y2K was a big let down as it stalled in the middle of its run sputtering a blue smoke . Very few supercars had come , we expected atleast 15-20 but there were only 2. However , I enjoyed clicking the pics and drags of Lambos and GTR's and SBK's.
Boring watching a phantom and bently burning down a runway....well I'm sure you must be seeing that everyday then.
Besides all the saloons were well over 500hp making it some of the most powerful and exotic cars there not to mention the weight of them and they did respectable timings. Especially the bently speed and 760li...agree the cayenne was not great but I think to call the event boring is rediculous. Unless like I said you must be seeing this daily and hitting 10second quarter miles for fun.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th March 2013 at 13:38. Reason: Putting the quoted text in a quote box.
Old 12th March 2013, 12:24   #140
BHPian

Brilliantly organized. The best till date. I have been participating since 04 speed runs at bandra. This time I was a spectator. The facilities were top notch. Everything , shade , seating( staged seating so no one interrupts your view) , reasonably priced and more importantly good quality food and drinks available, that too close by.
But then there are a few areas where things could be better.
Too dusty the area could be sprayed with water.
The timings were not visible. They should be put up on the big screen or camera guy should zoom on after every run.
Long dusty asthma causing walk back to the car. (I actually had brown mucus coming out of my nose)

Congratulations to Jitu for his awesome run,
the 2 Hondas from Tbhp and Ricky gadson were the most entertaining

It was really very boring waiting for what seemed like hours in between runs.

A good idea would be go get some commentary from a car guy with a little humor, make the whole thing much more lively than a guy with a bad iPod playlist.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th March 2013 at 13:40. Reason: Post edited. Please see rule #11.
paras211 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 12:29   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
The event was well organised but I would say not well planned.

The crowd was not engaged at any point of time except when the big cars and SBK's came (not more than 30 mins in the whole day) . The whole time the entire crowd was getting bored. Even an hour sitting at the stands felt like eternity.

The Bentleys and RR's and SUV's (Cayenne) made it even more boring. The jarring dubstep and lack of information displays made matters worse for the crowd. Y2K was a big let down as it stalled in the middle of its run sputtering a blue smoke . Very few supercars had come , we expected atleast 15-20 but there were only 2. However , I enjoyed clicking the pics and drags of Lambos and GTR's and SBK's.

Joels MotoRev and one white Evo/lancer were the one to watch in Indian Cars. Bikes were as usual more fun than cars

Hoping it will be more fun next year
Shall strive to put on a better show in October 2013 mate.
insaneroller is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 14:44   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
After Wolf (Ritesh's) car tearing apart the drag strips from 2004-2008/09 now its a pleasure to see a new champ Vtec in the NA category. Congrats to (Fieroid) Joel Joseph on the 13.5 seconds timing. Never knew in the days of Speed Run that a car like the vtec in NA form was capable of doing early 13's. The star of the first speed run were vtec's and Baleno's doing very early 16's and 17's quater mile. The tuning industry is progressing ahead with full thrust. Congrats Joel and in the next run i am sure you will break into 12's.

More pictures and videos please!
Thanks mate. It has always been a challenge to make an NA engine clock times matching or even beating forced induction engines. Although the competition in the pro-stock class was not too high, with a previous record of 14.82secs, it was my personal intent to break it by over 1 whole second, which we managed to do.
The car still has a lot of potential and was limited by tyes, rpm limiter cutting in a bit early due to a small short etc
The traction itself was a concern and our 0-100kph time according to the v-box log was only 6.4secs, which is a pathetic 1 secs slower than the best this car clocks otherwise. However, the acceleration after 100kph was really strong to make up for everything else.
fieroid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 14:59   #143
BHPian

Joel what was your fastest clocked speed.
Old 12th March 2013, 15:01   #144
BHPian

The v-box recorded 159.4kph at the end of the straight in 400mtrs.
Old 12th March 2013, 16:54   #145
BHPian

I was at the holding area and that helicopter part was real dramatic..suddenly you could hear wing commander messages on the walkie talkie, seemed like it was loaded with nuclear warheads.. Lol bloody took a good 20-25min.

Is it possible to get the result of the H2 category?

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th March 2013 at 17:52. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 13th March 2013, 00:51   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

What kind of times does the Y2K usually run for the 1/4 mile?

Maybe the rider was going all out...

cya
R
Sub 10s have been recorded by pristine models elsewhere in the world, as google would say..

As a primeval example of hybrid engineering, the bike deserves respect. But sadly, the "handlers" cannot attend to the technicalities that come with such machines.

From what I heard, the fuelling & tranny had developed snags. Not quite sure of the specifics.

Their Black Aventador would've been a better show-stopper, in my opinion..

Last edited by veyron1 : 13th March 2013 at 00:58.
veyron1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 08:24   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
We finally clocked a national record breaking 13.5 secs ....
You did it man. Just awesome. The real fun is to do it your self and run it your self. Keep it up. Will catch up when time permits.

Also, the sound reminded me of this video. Hoping you will get there.

~Koli.

Last edited by kolimuttai : 13th March 2013 at 08:25. Reason: removed extra dots...
kolimuttai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 11:49   #148
BHPian

How did the honda engined peugeot do? Or is it a peugeot bodied honda , thats the only car that looked interesting to me
howler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 12:55   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
How did the honda engined peugeot do? Or is it a peugeot bodied honda , thats the only car that looked interesting to me

There were 5 runs in total :
1: 13.9
2: 14.57
3:12.9
4:13.9
5:15.2

We coudnt rev past 5500-5800rpm in all runs. Our injectors were failing post that - The runs after the 12.9, we tried to see if its a blip in the map and kept it floored instead of shifting. Even that didnt work.

We're yet to figure out if its a earthing, fuel pressure or mapping issue.

having said that , the 12.9 is our career best.Only wish we could actually spool the turbo and get till 8000rpm .
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 19:54   #150
BHPian

Super Sunday!

Standing in the sun all day long and did not even feel a thing enjoyed every bit of it. The Peugeot 309 with Honda 2.4 Engine was a treat to watch. If I am not wrong it took on a couple of imports with ease and sounded terrific! Loved your work Team MARS!

Waiting for the next valley run!
Siddy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed