Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2006, 11:09   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
remember the culvert ??? remember u doing 170/175 kmph ??? that is baleno's limit .. remember v1p3r's gyan on the car flip theory ???
* wake up wake up * ...
Actually I never saw or hit that culvert... You do remember I made a comfortable quick lane change at that speed right after passing you. So I guess that was one rare moment where my limits matched Baleno's limits. I don't think I will repeat that often. I got lulled into that speed trying to keep up with Rudra who had ventured beyond 180.
Old 6th January 2006, 11:12   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
samurai uncle will have to unsheath the sword to teach a lesson to kids like ya
Then it won't be a great victory. The sword will remain sheathed.
Old 6th January 2006, 11:19   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
So I guess that was one rare moment where my limits matched Baleno's limits. I don't think I will repeat that often..
Hehe ... U better not .. If not v1p3r will unleash his BHP (brute horse power) .. Still cant stop laughing at the way he reacted when we pulled over to the side .. Do that once again, sword or no sword ul still be in trouble ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 6th January 2006 at 11:21.
Old 6th January 2006, 11:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I mentioned two other manufacturers in the same breath, none of the others have taken umbrage as you have.
Seems like you misunderstood me. I did not take offense to you mentioning that "F" name. I am just saying that in BSM "Which car?" suggestions, they never recommend Palio/Petra even when asked. Forget about mentioning them wherever applicable. (If you can somehow do search, you'll realized that Petra is least mentioned/talked about car on BSM. And no, they not never tested Petra as some folks are thinking here).
Old 6th January 2006, 11:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

I think I can vouch for what RX says because I have noticed that too. The recommendations for the Palio are for older queries I think. I have not come across recent recommendations that feature any Fiat product positively.
Old 6th January 2006, 11:57   #51
Senior - BHPian

Will you guys all shut the fiat up?!

Arre McL, why drag me into all this? You know me, all chilled out...you want to overtake me, just flash your lamps...bas!!!

Bangalore boys, looking forward to seeing you come Sunday. For the rest, move to Bangalore!!!
Old 6th January 2006, 12:05   #52
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The dudes at BSM Motoring appear to have an artificially elitist attitude where they think its "cool" to run down the Indicas and Indigos. Ask them to show one example of a car with such phenomenal value (ride quality, space, comfort, fuel economy and looks) as the Tata Indica / Indigo. There arent exactly 10,000+ fools a month walking into Tata showrooms every month.

But what can you expect of a full fledged auto magazine that does timings with a wrist watch? And every 0 - 100 time is reported as "about 11 seconds" etc. I used to like their writing style before and thought it had character....until it gets so monotonous that its pains like a disease.

GTO
Old 6th January 2006, 12:10   #53
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Admin : Watch your tone! We have an audience from varied backgrounds, and using abusive language (directly or indirectly) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED on the Team-BHP.

We suggest reading the board rules before proceeding any further.
Old 6th January 2006, 12:16   #54
Team-BHP Support

Top gear is worse as far as timing tests go. They did a 0-90 pr santro wagonr and indica petrol. Indica petrol was the slowest ?!
I would not trust their timings. their road tests are so lacking in depth. If it wasnt for the international content I wouldn't buy that piece of trash!
Old 6th January 2006, 12:18   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
....that Petra is least mentioned/talked about car on BSM. And no, they not never tested Petra as some folks are thinking here).
But they do have 1st drives of all these -
Adventure Sport ‘State of the heart
Petra diesel Turnaround artist
Palio NV Neighbours's envy?
Siena Sedan Boot camp
Palio S10 Yellow fever
Palio Weekend Head over hills
Palio Adventure Head over hills
Siena CNG On all Cylinders
Uno CNG On all Cylinders
Siena 1.6 On a power trip
Siena Weekend Desert Rose

seems like plenty of variants, they also have complete road test of a Palio 1.9D and a Siena 1.6
Old 6th January 2006, 12:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

@Abhay, that is 2+ year old story. Petra was launched 2 years back and never featured in BSM (or I guess, in any car magazine). Even for Petra D, there is no proper road test.
@V1p3r, Fiat hai ki jaata hi nahi! (Read in tune of 'Dil hai ki mantaa hi nahi'). Instead, they have started sending some new year cards, I heard.
Old 6th January 2006, 12:54   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Ahhh BSM...

1. I dont take BSM seriously - its good reading as in good english, but their reviews and opinions are surely not what you might call 'expert' opinion. Bunch of guys trying to regurgitate Wodehousian prose with some amount of success, thats about it. If you want the original, ask Jeeves.
Steeroid,
Thats the best possible description of BSM content. I felt that exact way, but have not quite been able to put it as well.
Old 6th January 2006, 14:54   #58
BANNED

Steering clear of Steeroid on this one...

Wears his helmet and bullet proof vest, jumps behind a bunker, makes sure Steeroid is not close and starts to type...

The Tata Safari was nothing more than a sad joke and that's what it is even today. I am surprised that Bull$**tMotoring has finally said something that makes sense for once.

Wondering if I should send Steeroid a PM to pacify him saying that there are exceptions to every rule and his Safari is an exception
Old 7th January 2006, 02:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
The Tata Safari was nothing more than a sad joke and that's what it is even today. I am surprised that Bull$**tMotoring has finally said something that makes sense for once.
Its a free country, and I'm not here to sell my viewpoint.
Old 7th January 2006, 05:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to India's booming economy, the BSM guys have been spoiled by all the regular test drives they've been getting in Bentleys and Porsches. Soon they forget their origins and start dissing VFM products like TATAs. Do you think Bentley customers are reading their magazine? No way! I think BSM may be losing touch with their customer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks