Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2011, 02:44   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Finally some light at the end of the tunnel. My car is going to be allocated to me tomorrow from the factory. Would be getting the delivery by next Thursday.

What worked? Friend at VW.
Great News Ninja - now we have marked you as the guy with the connection at VW , you can make things happen at VW ! Could you ask your friend on the mystery behind the nearly off the shelf delivery for North ( even for TDi highlines ) while there exists insane waiting period elsewhere ? BTW, the couuntdown for your ownership thread will start soon ;-)

Last edited by souravc : 11th September 2011 at 02:47.
Old 11th September 2011, 13:27   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Great News Ninja - now we have marked you as the guy with the connection at VW , you can make things happen at VW ! Could you ask your friend on the mystery behind the nearly off the shelf delivery for North ( even for TDi highlines ) while there exists insane waiting period elsewhere ? BTW, the couuntdown for your ownership thread will start soon ;-)
Lol. Though I do wish I had that power.
Unfortunately, that was a one-time help. I have asked him about the waiting periods, but he doesn't have any idea about them. Seemed to be a goof-up probably.

Is the absence of waiting periods in north across all the dealers in all the north cities? Or only at one or two dealers in Delhi?

Btw an update on waiting periods in Pune for Vento diesel highline
- 3 months for all colors
- Waiting periods might go down for Red & Black (atleast the Bhandari guys don't have that many bookings in these two colors)

@SDP - Apparently event Terra Beige has a strong demand here. But strangely haven't seen any on the roads!
Old 20th September 2011, 13:11   #303
BHPian

YAY!..
Last Wednesday (14th of Sept), I get a call from Volkswagan Downtown, saying "Your car has been allocated. Do come over and finish the other formalities" (I am buying the car on Loan and hence loan has to be approved and processed).
So on saturday, I went and finished the loan application. So hopefully by next week, I should have the car with me!.

On 15th, I get an sms from "TD-VW-DT". Here is the content.
Congratulations, Your car has been allotted with new features like factory fitted Rear Parking Sensors, RCD310 Music system with Media in and 4 speakers, Multifunction steering wheel, Climatronic backlight change from blue to white With additional price of 40,000/- by deletion of Anti theft alarm. For further details Please contact your Sales consultants.

This does mean that, delivery of the car is very near right?
Old 20th September 2011, 13:44   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
YAY!..
Last Wednesday (14th of Sept), I get a call from Volkswagan Downtown, saying "Your car has been allocated. Do come over and finish the other formalities" (I am buying the car on Loan and hence loan has to be approved and processed).
So on saturday, I went and finished the loan application. So hopefully by next week, I should have the car with me!.
Congratulations! Yes, by next week the car should be with you. Do take care the loan get disbursed once the car is in the dealer warehouse & you have done the PDI. Also do inform which color have you gone for?

Also start evaluating for insurance options in case you aren't satisfied with the insurance deal the dealer is providing.

Quote:
On 15th, I get an sms from "TD-VW-DT". Here is the content.
Congratulations, Your car has been allotted with new features like factory fitted Rear Parking Sensors, RCD310 Music system with Media in and 4 speakers, Multifunction steering wheel, Climatronic backlight change from blue to white With additional price of 40,000/- by deletion of Anti theft alarm. For further details Please contact your Sales consultants.
This does mean that, delivery of the car is very near right?
Seems to be an extra step taken by VW to inform the customer about the additional price tag increase. Good step I must say.

But do get the breakup of the 40,000 INR if you can. The actual increase in the ex-showroom price is 34,015 INR only. The remaining amount should match the increase in the RTO & insurance values.
Old 20th September 2011, 14:15   #305
BHPian

Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Chrome Inserts, Parking Sensors, USB support for Music System & Steering moutned audio controls.
Sales rep told me the price rise is 70000 in Mumbai.
Old 20th September 2011, 14:30   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Chrome Inserts, Parking Sensors, USB support for Music System & Steering moutned audio controls.
Sales rep told me the price rise is 70000 in Mumbai.
That's ridiculous! I think we should start a thread about "interesting" facts given by VW SE about the cars - it'll be a riot!

@kimianks, the price rise is as mentioned above.
  • Original Ex-showroom price : 9.24 lakhs
  • After 1st price increase : 9.44 lakhs
  • After 2nd price increase (new features) : 9.78 lakhs
Please note the above prices are w.r.t. pune.
Do note, if you add both price rise(s), the total OTR increase could probably go upto 70k. Confirm with him please.
Old 20th September 2011, 15:17   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Yes, by next week the car should be with you.
Also do inform which color have you gone for?
Thanks you!. Pretty excited about the entire stuff.
Its Flash Red color

Quote:
Seems to be an extra step taken by VW to inform the customer about the additional price tag increase. Good step I must say.
From the SMS sender name, it looks like a message from DownTown itself.
TD-VW-DT
But still a good step.

Quote:
But do get the breakup of the 40,000 INR if you can. The actual increase in the ex-showroom price is 34,015 INR only. The remaining amount should match the increase in the RTO & insurance values.
Yeah this is right. The actual increase is only around 34000.
Previously, the Ex-showroom price was around 9.56 Lakhs. Now its increased to 9.90 Lakhs.
Just on the border of 10 lakhs. 10K more, We would have ended up in paying 3% more extra taxes!.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:55   #308
BHPian

Guys when i had booked this, it was 10.59l OTR. Now the dealer says 11.30l OTR. I am sending a mail to VW.
This is unethical. They don't inform me, make me wait for 4 months saying that Blue is not a running colour so i have to wait. they send me mails of de-allotment if i don't pay the difference. Its not my fault if prices change. The sales rep says that the price of the car is at the time of delivery. so its pointless paying them advance if prices are going to be revised all the time. Might as well pay full when you want to buy and take ready delivery. Mailing to a number of people.
What do you think guys? Isn't this unethical?
Downtown Mumbai is the dealer.
Old 27th September 2011, 21:08   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Guys when i had booked this, it was 10.59l OTR. Now the dealer says 11.30l OTR. I am sending a mail to VW.
This is unethical. They don't inform me, make me wait for 4 months saying that Blue is not a running colour so i have to wait. they send me mails of de-allotment if i don't pay the difference. Its not my fault if prices change. The sales rep says that the price of the car is at the time of delivery. so its pointless paying them advance if prices are going to be revised all the time. Might as well pay full when you want to buy and take ready delivery. Mailing to a number of people.
What do you think guys? Isn't this unethical?
Downtown Mumbai is the dealer.
Price payable is the one at the time of delivery rather than at the time of booking unless otherwise specified so you do not have much of a choice there . Your price hike is due to the fact that you would be getting a refreshed Vento with steering controls etc . Seems like you had done the booking prior to the July hike so you should not agree to the 20K odd hike that was applicable post the July cut-off ( I am not sure about the date) as VW had specifically stated that the hike is applicable post a certain booking date (rather than delivery date). Please get in touch with ninjatalli who just got his vento after similar negotiations with VW .

BTW VW Passat is TDi and not CRDI

Last edited by souravc : 27th September 2011 at 21:10.
Old 27th September 2011, 21:52   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Price payable is the one at the time of delivery rather than at the time of booking unless otherwise specified so you do not have much of a choice there . Your price hike is due to the fact that you would be getting a refreshed Vento with steering controls etc . Seems like you had done the booking prior to the July hike so you should not agree to the 20K odd hike that was applicable post the July cut-off ( I am not sure about the date) as VW had specifically stated that the hike is applicable post a certain booking date (rather than delivery date). Please get in touch with ninjatalli who just got his vento after similar negotiations with VW .

BTW VW Passat is TDi and not CRDI
Buddy the dealer has got it down to 10.98 l . So one can say there is a part satisfactory deal. At least it saves me some accessory cost. Btw My Passat engine is the CRDi .
I am aware that VW and Family always refer to it as TDi but wrote CRDi to differentiate from PD :P Thanks anyways.
I love TEAM BHP. You guys ROCK!
Old 28th September 2011, 15:58   #311
BHPian

Guys,
Need a quick clarification.
Most probably by today or tomorrow, my Loan would be approved. Got the info from SA himself. Once the loan get approved, I would need to pay the remaining / self financed amount to the dealer and then go with Form 20 (I suppose) to the bank to get the rest of the amount from them.
My Questions:
1. Is this the normal procedure?
2. From What I heard, SBI would normally disperse the amount thru RTGS to the dealer account. If this is the case:
2a. Would dealer directly take the car for registration (before me seeing it)?
2b. Does the dealer contact me before registration? I need to do a PDI before that.
3. Can I insist SBI to give me check / DD for the loan amount?
Old 28th September 2011, 16:17   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Need a quick clarification.
Most probably by today or tomorrow, my Loan would be approved. Got the info from SA himself. Once the loan get approved, I would need to pay the remaining / self financed amount to the dealer and then go with Form 20 (I suppose) to the bank to get the rest of the amount from them.
My Questions:
1. Is this the normal procedure?
2. From What I heard, SBI would normally disperse the amount thru RTGS to the dealer account. If this is the case:
2a. Would dealer directly take the car for registration (before me seeing it)?
2b. Does the dealer contact me before registration? I need to do a PDI before that.
3. Can I insist SBI to give me check / DD for the loan amount?

In my case, car loan from SBI, i never had to do anything for payment or registration. MOney directly got transferred from Bank to Dealer. I never did a PDI before registration also (I was not a Tbhp member by then so didnt know much of these things).
Old 28th September 2011, 16:32   #313
Senior - BHPian

The same process at my end as well. When i got the Wagon R my car loan was from ICICI. On the day that the delivery was to take place the SA came with me to the dealership and completed all the documentation directly with them. I did not have to do any running around on behalf of the bank for the dealer.

And the same process applies right now as well , i spoke to another SA to find out interest rates etc which would be applicable this time around and on asking him about the process he told me the same thing - will come with me and deal with the dealer directly and there is no need for me to discuss anything with the dealer. They will complete their paperwork directly and i will do mine with the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
In my case, car loan from SBI, i never had to do anything for payment or registration. MOney directly got transferred from Bank to Dealer. I never did a PDI before registration also (I was not a Tbhp member by then so didnt know much of these things).
Old 1st October 2011, 16:49   #314
BHPian

At last I felt / touched the car in person in Downtown's stockyard.
All the bank formalities got over. So most probably by tuesday (only today bank formalities got over!), it should go for registration. And on wednesday, I should have the car in hand!. YAY...

Few pics I clicked from their stockyard.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery-20111001_001.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery-20111001_002.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery-20111001_003.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery-20111001_005.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery-20111001_006.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery-20111001_004.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery-20111001_007.jpg  

anToNIcHeN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 17:09   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At last I felt / touched the car in person in Downtown's stockyard.
All the bank formalities got over. So most probably by tuesday (only today bank formalities got over!), it should go for registration. And on wednesday, I should have the car in hand!. YAY...

Few pics I clicked from their stockyard.
The red colour looks pretty nice mate ! Guess you should quit this thread pretty soon and start posting the pic on your own thread or on the main one welcome to the club !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks