Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:55   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Ninja- BUB is a better option than the other dealer- trust me on this.

It's possible the replies you got are all automated/form replies. I would highly recommend you start a dialogue with the sales/back office folks at BUB again.

From my own experience (waited 3 months for a petrol AT HL) you need to show them you are flexible wrt colour preference and month of manufacture. Don't sign any "chnage of preference" forms becuase that will reset your position in the queue. Get an "understanding" with the key people involved and insist on details (VIN number, car inspection in stockyard that kind of thing). Hint that you can make full payment (but don't do it till they confirm your vehicle).

I would say stop short of paying a premium for immediate delivery as some brothers here have done. That's just unfair to others in the queue. But it's possible you may get a previously allotted vehicle that's been cancelled etc. if you follow these simple steps.
Thanks @Noopster. I have an open dialogue with the sales folks at BUB, basically I'm just playing good cop (with the sales team on phone/face-to-face) / bad cop (on mails with VW). I have been regularly calling them/meeting them once a fortnight. But I had to reply to this set of mails I received; more than anything else, I found it highly amusing at how pathetic their sales department is functioning (after all, I am a sales guy!).

As for the color choice, I am more than fine with any color, but then that's not my department/decision! Pretty sure you'll understand!

Paying any premium is out of the question! In fact, I have a friend at VW, but still won't take his help for pushing my case. It's something I preach, and one I try to follow. No shortcuts.

Lets see how they respond back to my mail, if they do!
Old 2nd September 2011, 13:26   #287
Senior - BHPian

I was glad there wasn't any recent posts in this thread and things are changing for good, till I saw your post.

While I hope all goes well for you , I just wanted to comment on the below - I also received a response from german HQ after 2 to 3 weeks time after my email, and I have never ever received any emails from the indian CC team so far. I'm not even sure if someone monitors the customer care mailbox for VW. To me, posting on this thread and forum has helped me more than trying to get some assistance with the CC team of VW.

Good luck Ninja, hoping you will have your issues sorted out at the earliest. Please keep us informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Lets see how they respond back to my mail, if they do!
Old 8th September 2011, 15:43   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
@bala80, I booked my Vento highline tdi on 11/07/2011. The ex - showroom price which has been mentioned on the sales contract form is ₹9,43,500. Is this correct?
Sales Contract? what is this?

I had booked Vento TDi Highline on 15/7/2011 from downtown bangalore. What I got was just a receipt of the booking amount!. Am I supposed to get anything else?
Also, is there a way to know where do i stand in the queue?
Planning to visit their showroom sometime this week. Could anyone tell me what all should I ask them to get a clear idea about the delivery date? Like booking no. etc?

Last edited by anToNIcHeN : 8th September 2011 at 15:48.
Old 8th September 2011, 16:33   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
Sales Contract? what is this?

I had booked Vento TDi Highline on 15/7/2011 from downtown bangalore. What I got was just a receipt of the booking amount!. Am I supposed to get anything else?
Also, is there a way to know where do i stand in the queue?
Planning to visit their showroom sometime this week. Could anyone tell me what all should I ask them to get a clear idea about the delivery date? Like booking no. etc?
I don't think so. I had tried this before my delivery but whole process is not transparent at all. Not sure if something has changed in last few months.
Old 8th September 2011, 17:04   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to visit their showroom sometime this week. Could anyone tell me what all should I ask them to get a clear idea about the delivery date?
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I don't think so. I had tried this before my delivery but whole process is not transparent at all. Not sure if something has changed in last few months.
Are you answering this question?
OK. Let me just put that in a more structured manner.

1. Am I supposed to get anything else when booking the car? Only thing I got was a receipt for amount 75K. coolkid is talking about a sales contract. What is this?

2. Any way to know, where do I stand in booking queue. i.e. How many people are ahead of me?

3. Anyway to know that dealer is full filling my booking without bypassing me for some one else?

The intention of getting a delivery date was, I dont want the dealer to allocate the car to someone else who booked after me!.

So what should I ensure / do to make sure that the booking is allocated rightly in the order.

thanks.
Old 8th September 2011, 18:56   #291
Senior - BHPian

I'll try answering some to the best of my knowledge. The others will chip in with their inputs too.

Dont worry, He is basically mentioning the booking form. Which should have been given to you along with the receipt for 75k. You would have signed on this form agreeing to the delivery conditions too at the time of booking. This will mention your colour choice, tentative date of delivery, etc.

Quote:

1. Am I supposed to get anything else when booking the car? Only thing I got was a receipt for amount 75K. coolkid is talking about a sales contract. What is this?
Your waiting list will depend on your primary colour choice. People who have booked after you may get delivery sooner than you, if the waiting list on their primary colour choice is less. Your SA should be able to tell you this waiting list information (your number on the colour queue). When you check, do check for the waiting list on the other colours as well so that you can change your colour choice if required. I have seen white is the most produced/commonly available colour, where as red is the least produced colour.

Quote:
2. Any way to know, where do I stand in booking queue. i.e. How many people are ahead of me?
No way for you to know that, unfortunate but true - this happens with every dealer. Nothing you can do about it, except create noise and make yourself heard.

Quote:
3. Anyway to know that dealer is full filling my booking without bypassing me for some one else?

The intention of getting a delivery date was, I dont want the dealer to allocate the car to someone else who booked after me!.
Simple, go through the previous pages of this thread, it will give you plenty of suggestions on your next possible course of action. To startwith, log a complaint with the VW's helpline.

Quote:
So what should I ensure / do to make sure that the booking is allocated rightly in the order.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 19:27   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Dont worry, He is basically mentioning the booking form. Which should have been given to you along with the receipt for 75k. You would have signed on this form agreeing to the delivery conditions too at the time of booking. This will mention your colour choice, tentative date of delivery, etc.
Yes I did get this!

Quote:
When you check, do check for the waiting list on the other colours as well so that you can change your colour choice if required. I have seen white is the most produced/commonly available colour, where as red is the least produced colour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Don't sign any "chnage of preference" forms becuase that will reset your position in the queue.
If I change the color now, wouldnt it reset my queue. I would be added to the last place right!. Unfortunately I booked a red vento!
Old 8th September 2011, 21:33   #293
Senior - BHPian

Oops, so here is what you can do -

- Please check your waiting number for the red vento queue.

- Check with the SA as to what is the number of red vento's the dealer would receive per shipment/month - It should be very less IMO.

- Check for the other colours and see where the waiting list is less - give a change of colour perference if required. If there is a possibility of getting red sooner (based on the above number) - then stick to it.

I have observed, the dealers receive more white/black cars in a shipment, so even if your waiting position is reset to the last in the queue, there is a good possibility that you will get the car sooner than waiting for your original choice of colour.

If I recollect right, there is only one red vento on this forum whereas the majority are white's and black's. Do I need to say any more ?

All the very best and do let us know if you need any more help.

Quote:

If I change the color now, wouldnt it reset my queue. I would be added to the last place right!. Unfortunately I booked a red vento!

Last edited by bala80 : 8th September 2011 at 21:40.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 22:35   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I did get this!
If you raise the request for a color change, then yes, you'd lose the progress made on the current color.
Instead ask the SE (or better his manager) to suggest the color that would be delivered faster - the onus is on them to suggest a color that would have a shorter delivery time. For e.g. my dealer SE guy suggested me black & red for a faster delivery.
But do remember, in that case you need to be open for any color he suggests.

Quote:

If I recollect right, there is only one red vento on this forum whereas the majority are white's and black's. Do I need to say any more ?
And one that looks really good with a awesome set of alloys & other mods!

Quote:
Good luck Ninja, hoping you will have your issues sorted out at the earliest. Please keep us informed.
Finally some light at the end of the tunnel. My car is going to be allocated to me tomorrow from the factory. Would be getting the delivery by next Thursday.

What worked? Friend at VW. Didn't want to use that route, but wasn't going anywhere. Turned out the dealer had blue cars with him but instead was bypassing my turn. Would have waited if it was a genuine delay, but that really pissed me off. A pity, since the SE & his manager seemed so truthful in their statements.

Anyway, all's well that ends well!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 23:03   #295
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Ninjatalli. I'm happy to hear this from you. How ever not so happy about the dealer attitude of allocating the car to others before you. I read somewhere that in case of hyundai these allotments are directly managed by hyundai and hence works lot better. Why cannot VW make the system and process robust enough to avoid these practices? It may not be possible for them to be 100% fool proof, but then all VW dealers seems to of the same category as far as this unfair practice goes. Sad.

Do keep us posted on your delivery details. Since I heard production has already started for the facelift vento, will yours be an updated one too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli

Finally some light at the end of the tunnel. My car is going to be allocated to me tomorrow from the factory. Would be getting the delivery by next Thursday.

What worked? Friend at VW.

Anyway, all's well that ends well!
Old 8th September 2011, 23:48   #296
BHPian

Wow that's great Ninja. Congratulations !

Can you ask your friend about the so-called upgraded features in Vento that's supposed to come out in October if its not something that's very confidential. I hope its not the Breeze edition that was mistaken for the upgrade. In the meantime there is no respite in the South, its continuing to be an nightmarish wait with just about no idea on delivery date.

Last edited by SR-71 : 8th September 2011 at 23:51.
Old 9th September 2011, 16:43   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Ninjatalli. I'm happy to hear this from you. How ever not so happy about the dealer attitude of allocating the car to others before you. I read somewhere that in case of hyundai these allotments are directly managed by hyundai and hence works lot better. Why cannot VW make the system and process robust enough to avoid these practices? It may not be possible for them to be 100% fool proof, but then all VW dealers seems to of the same category as far as this unfair practice goes. Sad.

Do keep us posted on your delivery details. Since I heard production has already started for the facelift vento, will yours be an updated one too?
Thanks sir!
Even I was quite unhappy to see the dealer do these kind of acts. Infact I had earlier planned to gift the SE & the manager on the delivery date for their helpful attitude, but now I am having second doubts about the same.

As for VW copying Hyundai, my friend was mentioning that most of the divisions are still headed by Germans and there is still an overall lack of communication gap in the company; whereas the indian unit is still to take control completely (one instance of the communication gap is the large number of petrol cars produced, as in Germany, petrol sells more).

Also as a result of this, VW dealers have a lot more to say in deliveries as compared to a Maruti or Hyundai.

As for the facelifted version, I ain't getting that. I'm still paying the original amount only (ex-showroom price 9.25 lakhs); wouldn't have opted for it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Wow that's great Ninja. Congratulations !

Can you ask your friend about the so-called upgraded features in Vento that's supposed to come out in October if its not something that's very confidential. I hope its not the Breeze edition that was mistaken for the upgrade. In the meantime there is no respite in the South, its continuing to be an nightmarish wait with just about no idea on delivery date.
Sure @SR-71. Infact I already did ask him about it - there is a facelifted version coming up for sure. But he didn't have much of an idea about the features added/removed and possible dates of production of the new version. He said he'll get back to me on the same later.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 9th September 2011 at 16:45.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:10   #298
Senior - BHPian

@SR-71 - Did you check with the dealer on your waiting list number in your primary choice of colour. We can make some rough calculations based on the shipments received.

Looks like Steering mounted controls and music system with USB support is more or less confirmed. I expect the rear parking sensors also to be added to the list. We should get more clarity on this shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Can you ask your friend about the so-called upgraded features in Vento that's supposed to come out in October if its not something that's very confidential.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:19   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Congratulations, Ninja! Finally!!

Really sad that we have to use tricks to get our own car allotted. I too passed through the honesty phase and gave up after I saw the car been allotted to everyone else but me !
Old 9th September 2011, 18:36   #300
BHPian

Quote:
@SR-71 - Did you check with the dealer on your waiting list number in your primary choice of colour. We can make some rough calculations based on the shipments received.
Yes Bala, I spoke to them. Based on my current queue number and number of units shipped I should get mine around Nov/Dec. Lets see how this goes forward. In the mean time there is news about the facelifted City. If it comes with spruced up interiors I would probably shift camps. I would pay for petrol rather than upgrade to the cruze or put up with the pathetic VW dealership & waiting forever.

Last edited by SR-71 : 9th September 2011 at 18:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks