Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 10:51   #271
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Boss not in a week. Delivery on same day. Only for beige color he told 4 weeks. Apparently NCR gets the maximum stock and actually the showroom staff was having an extremely tough time since they had a large number of newly arrived cars outside the showroom. and mate I am just a normal guy, no connections or bribe involved of any sorts.
This is insane. Had there been a difference of few days or even weeks between north and south, I could have understood but same day vs. six months!! Is their supply chain management so broken . I'd been considering a Vento but I hate these insane (and artificial) waiting periods.

On a related note, VW is the only company where I did not get a follow up call after TD. Hyundai, Chevrolet, and even Honda all called up asking me about my decision etc but not VW.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:17   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
This below information is correct. The VAT percentage has been increased from 12.5% to 14.5% for the state of TN and hence there is a 2% increase to the ex-showroom price when you booked back in the month of Jan. To be more precise, it was 9.23 lakhs ex-showroom earlier and now it is 9.39 lakhs with the 2% increase in VAT.

Since the ex-showroom price increases, registration and insurance component also increases proportionally. Around 24k rise is what I paid too.

By the way - I just took delivery of my TDI HL this afternoon - Will put up a seperate ownership report by this weekend.
they have given me the invoice and in that the price mentioned is 9.60 including VAT and rep says he will discount 20k from this. is this how it is done? will the insurance and road tax be not calculated on the invoice price rather than the discounted price? Due to this I am paying 35k more on the On road price from the time of my booking.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:55   #273
Senior - BHPian

@dsr_rpm - The dealer is trying to cheat you here. If you go back to the previous page to read my earlier post - they tried this trick with me too. They told me that prices at the time of delivery is applicable and pushed me to pay 9.6 ex-showroom. When I confronted them with the communication from VW - they sheepishly admitted and then took out another price list which mentions 9.39 as the ex-showroom (this price list will mention old price +new VAT). Since there is a difference of 16k in ex-showroom price, the registration and insurance will add up appropriately.

My invoice mentioned 9.39 ex-showroom as the price of the vehicle. Dont accept to any discount business - 9.6 is the ex-showroom for the bookings after 1st of July. Call and register a complaint with VW helpline against the dealer and when you talk to your dealer next - escalate this to the manager there. If you need more information from my side - do let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
they have given me the invoice and in that the price mentioned is 9.60 including VAT and rep says he will discount 20k from this. is this how it is done? will the insurance and road tax be not calculated on the invoice price rather than the discounted price? Due to this I am paying 35k more on the On road price from the time of my booking.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:06   #274
BHPian

@bala80, I booked my Vento highline tdi on 11/07/2011. The ex - showroom price which has been mentioned on the sales contract form is ₹9,43,500. Is this correct?
Old 8th August 2011, 18:50   #275
Senior - BHPian

It is correct for you since you had booked after 1st July. However, since then, there has been an 2% increase in VAT for the state of TN and hence the revised ex-showroom will be 9.6 ex-showroom. Please check with your salesman on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
@bala80, I booked my Vento highline tdi on 11/07/2011. The ex - showroom price which has been mentioned on the sales contract form is ₹9,43,500. Is this correct?
Old 10th August 2011, 15:20   #276
BHPian

All this is happening after there is a recommendation from the owner. I came to know that the owner is the relative of a close friend of mine at the time of my committed delivery time discusion. The GM of the showroom is following up on things for me.

There was another mess up at the showroom on MondayHad requested for registration on Monday and opted for selecting a number in the current series by paying extra. But that did not happen. On Monday they said my number will come up only the next day. I then said ok let me do pooja and leave the vehicle back for reg. At that time they said another person has chosen the same number and it will be allotted only by lucky draw. I said ok but sent a representative on my behalf the next day and came to know that the number chosen by me was allotted the previous day itself.

My experience with VW dealer is turning from bad to sour. Let us see where it ends.
Old 10th August 2011, 16:22   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All this is happening after there is a recommendation from the owner. I came to know that the owner is the relative of a close friend of mine at the time of my committed delivery time discusion. The GM of the showroom is following up on things for me.

There was another mess up at the showroom on MondayHad requested for registration on Monday and opted for selecting a number in the current series by paying extra. But that did not happen. On Monday they said my number will come up only the next day. I then said ok let me do pooja and leave the vehicle back for reg. At that time they said another person has chosen the same number and it will be allotted only by lucky draw. I said ok but sent a representative on my behalf the next day and came to know that the number chosen by me was allotted the previous day itself.

My experience with VW dealer is turning from bad to sour. Let us see where it ends.
Sad to hear about the continuing issues. But on a serious note, (unless the number is really very important) these are small niggling aspects; probably more because of incompetent sales executive(s).

Considering you are on the verge of getting your car, don't let these spoil your car delivery experience. It's a wonderful moment, one that you would cherish, no matter how many cars you have

Have seen that happening with my dad's car purchase 15 years back. Till date he regrets allowing his emotions to get the better of him that day.

ATB, and do put up a ownership report. Probably over there you could reserve a few paragraphs to vent out your dealer experience

P.s. I seem to be in the same boat as yours, but just that I probably have a more competent sales team out here at the Pune dealer.
Just got a confirmation mail from the VW manager stating again that they'll deliver my car by this month end. Nice of them to put it on mail, rather than just telling me on the phone.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 10th August 2011 at 16:25.
Old 10th August 2011, 19:04   #278
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations dsr_rpm and ninjatalli - Glad to know that the delivery schedules have been confirmed to both of you. Good news is almost everyone who has regularly posted in this thread have got their cars/delivery schedules confirmed. I wish you both a very pleasant ownership experience.

Hope this trend of long waiting period gets addressed and VW can re-look at their supply chain managment system for more efficient allocation between regions.

Quote:
I hope you would be able to make that trip to chennai with your new vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Just got a confirmation mail from the VW manager stating again that they'll deliver my car by this month end. Nice of them to put it on mail, rather than just telling me on the phone.
Old 10th August 2011, 20:42   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

I hope you would be able to make that trip to chennai with your new vento
Same here sir! Haven't book flight/train tickets yet.
This is going down to the last wire!
Old 10th August 2011, 20:48   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same here sir! Haven't book flight/train tickets yet.
This is going down to the last wire!
Ninja , it would be good if you can share the name of the dealer and the competent sales person who has assisted you - it would be helpful to other BHP-ians planning to buy a VW in Pune .
BTW, good to hear that you got your delivery schedule ! Look forward to your thread
Old 10th August 2011, 21:00   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Ninja , it would be good if you can share the name of the dealer and the competent sales person who has assisted you - it would be helpful to other BHP-ians planning to buy a VW in Pune .
BTW, good to hear that you got your delivery schedule ! Look forward to your thread
Sales Guy(s):
Mandeep (Can't recollect his last name)
Sooraj Ganiger (Assistant Manager, Sales)

Dealer :
B.U. Bhandari
I had written a short feedback post about B.U. Bhandari earlier, reposting that.

Quote:
But overall, I am quite satisfied with BU Bhandari's pre-sales experience. Except for the delay(s), they have been upright & helpful in their manner of working.

Anytime you visit their office, they treat you like a royal customer; irrespective if you have come for a TD or purchase or just for a casual visit. Also I did my booking after the closing time; yet they were helpful enough to keep the showroom open & allow me to complete the booking.

In my discussion with the sales manager, he openly stated that VW considered Bhandari to be the more important of the two dealers - which might help them in case of pushing deliveries.
Having sung the praises, I keep having this Murphy-oriented feeling at the back of my mind telling me to shut up & wait till I get the car!
Old 10th August 2011, 21:09   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Having sung the praises, I keep having this Murphy-oriented feeling at the back of my mind telling me to shut up & wait till I get the car!
If you have not gone through the painful Vento buying process , tearing your hair till you go bald while raving and ranting at the wait , you cannot be a true Vento owner
Once the car is alloted the only delay will be due to registration . Please do not forget to do a thorough PDI , there is a very useful PDI checklist thread - do refer to it . Check the following extra cautiously :-
1. Open and close of boot lid
2. Rolling of the windows ( pinch guard )
3. Open and close the doors while sitting inside
4. Loose electronic eye ( the one with the front cabin lights )
All the best
Old 10th August 2011, 21:19   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you have not gone through the painful Vento buying process , tearing your hair till you go bald while raving and ranting at the wait , you cannot be a true Vento owner
Once the car is alloted the only delay will be due to registration . Please do not forget to do a thorough PDI , there is a very useful PDI checklist thread - do refer to it . Check the following extra cautiously :-
1. Open and close of boot lid
2. Rolling of the windows ( pinch guard )
3. Open and close the doors while sitting inside
4. Loose electronic eye ( the one with the front cabin lights )
All the best
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:22   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

*bump*

Seems like this thread's been inactive for quite some time. Well, not any more.

With the onset of September, my Vento waiting period now enters the 4th month. Going by past records, nothing big you would say? I agree. But ironically in the last two days VW has been quite active in my account, and in quite an interesting manner.

Basically in a span of less than 48 hours, I receive three mails from three different VW teams :
  1. Out of the blue, VW Germany replies back to my month old mail stating that they are concerned about the delay in my Vento delivery and have asked the VW India sales department to revert
  2. Then VW India sends a mail stating that they have noted my concern and have asked the dealer (B.U. Bhandari) to revert
  3. And finally the B.U. Bhandari team revert back stating that they have received my concern and they will be informing Volkswagen about the same.

Sent them a stinker of a mail keeping all three ids in cc and attaching the mails along with it.

Any other suggestions are gladly welcome. Time to get on the aggressive mode
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:35   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Ninja- BUB is a better option than the other dealer- trust me on this.

It's possible the replies you got are all automated/form replies. I would highly recommend you start a dialogue with the sales/back office folks at BUB again.

From my own experience (waited 3 months for a petrol AT HL) you need to show them you are flexible wrt colour preference and month of manufacture. Don't sign any "chnage of preference" forms becuase that will reset your position in the queue. Get an "understanding" with the key people involved and insist on details (VIN number, car inspection in stockyard that kind of thing). Hint that you can make full payment (but don't do it till they confirm your vehicle).

I would say stop short of paying a premium for immediate delivery as some brothers here have done. That's just unfair to others in the queue. But it's possible you may get a previously allotted vehicle that's been cancelled etc. if you follow these simple steps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks