Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:49   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

I got an insider tip that VW has 14,000 Ventos in stock now, MOST OF THEM PETROLS! While here you have people reportedly being asked to wait 6 months for a diesel. Some corporate planning guy is sitting there feeling very silly right now.
Old 4th August 2011, 09:48   #257
BHPian

Sales rep informed me that the vehicle was billed in my name on saturday 30 July. The vehicle has come to the yard on tuesday. The invoice quotes the new price with an increase of 20 k. This results in the overall increase of 45k for the vehicle based on the new tax increase. Rep says that they will waive the increase for me. But states that the insurece IDV and Tax and Registration calculations will be based on the invoice value. This will result in an increase of 25k from the value when I booked. Is this how it is done or am I being taken for a ride.
Old 5th August 2011, 06:57   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
I got an insider tip that VW has 14,000 Ventos in stock now, MOST OF THEM PETROLS! While here you have people reportedly being asked to wait 6 months for a diesel. Some corporate planning guy is sitting there feeling very silly right now.
You never know. The manufacturers might have teamed up this time to push for the reversal of the diesel subsidy for cars. From the news, it looks like they are happy that diesel prices are going up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm
Sales rep informed me that the vehicle was billed in my name on saturday 30 July. The vehicle has come to the yard on tuesday. The invoice quotes the new price with an increase of 20 k. This results in the overall increase of 45k for the vehicle based on the new tax increase. Rep says that they will waive the increase for me. But states that the insurece IDV and Tax and Registration calculations will be based on the invoice value. This will result in an increase of 25k from the value when I booked. Is this how it is done or am I being taken for a ride.
They seem to be giving a cash discount on the ex-show price. Ask for the original ex-showroom price quoted to you. But when had you booked the car? I remember that pre-June bookings will not be affected by the price rise. I too got my delivery on 2nd July and did not have to pay for the recent price hike.

Last edited by nileshch : 5th August 2011 at 07:05.
Old 5th August 2011, 08:07   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
if you have booked your car on or after 1st July onwards then the hiked price is correct .
Old 5th August 2011, 10:41   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
if you have booked your car on or after 1st July onwards then the hiked price is correct .
+1 to that.

Quote:
Boss,
If you have booked before 1st July, then do not agree to this. Seems like the dealer was holding on to your booking amount for some time and might have registered your booking with VW after 1st July.

Hope you have the booking receipt with you. That should be enough to push your point. For the record, I have booked my car in June, car still to be received. Just called up the showroom and confirmed on the same - all calculations will be based on the original price.
Old 5th August 2011, 16:13   #261
BHPian

My booking was done in end Jan. Spoke to the sales rep now he says the calculation for tax and insurance are based on old price and increase will be only on the new VAT in place. The new VAT alone has resulted in an increase of 24k in the On road price of the car.
Old 5th August 2011, 19:26   #262
Senior - BHPian

This below information is correct. The VAT percentage has been increased from 12.5% to 14.5% for the state of TN and hence there is a 2% increase to the ex-showroom price when you booked back in the month of Jan. To be more precise, it was 9.23 lakhs ex-showroom earlier and now it is 9.39 lakhs with the 2% increase in VAT.

Since the ex-showroom price increases, registration and insurance component also increases proportionally. Around 24k rise is what I paid too.

By the way - I just took delivery of my TDI HL this afternoon - Will put up a seperate ownership report by this weekend.

Quote:
My booking was done in end Jan. Spoke to the sales rep now he says the calculation for tax and insurance are based on old price and increase will be only on the new VAT in place. The new VAT alone has resulted in an increase of 24k in the On road price of the car.
bala80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 20:11   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
By the way - I just took delivery of my TDI HL this afternoon - Will put up a seperate ownership report by this weekend.
Super News Bala !! I am very happy for you . Look forward to your thread and pictures . Enjoy your car .
Cheers
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 21:27   #264
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much Souravc. For a change, the delivery process was managed very well at the dealership and hence made the day a very good one. All in all - a very memorable experience.

I will pen down my thoughts over the weekend and will definitely post it here. Afterall, I received my car only because of team-bhp

Quote:
Super News Bala !! I am very happy for you . Look forward to your thread and pictures . Enjoy your car .
Cheers
Old 5th August 2011, 22:50   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Hey, congratulations, Bala. Very happy to know you got the car finally!! Eagerly awaiting your ownership report!
Old 6th August 2011, 23:13   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys I went to td the vento today and confirmed with the SA about the status of delivery. They have ready cars available for delivery. I am going to book the white TDI high line tomorrow and will take delivery in the coming week on whichever day is slightly more auspicious.

Only beige is in waiting here in delhi and that too around 4 weeks. Cheers!
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 12:24   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey guys I went to td the vento today and confirmed with the SA about the status of delivery. They have ready cars available for delivery. I am going to book the white TDI high line tomorrow and will take delivery in the coming week on whichever day is slightly more auspicious.

Only beige is in waiting here in delhi and that too around 4 weeks. Cheers!
Wow ! Delivery within a week ? Thats shockingly good ! Is this achievable by a normal guy without any connection or is this possible after using connections ? is the blue also available within 4 weeks ? I am just curious .
Old 7th August 2011, 17:22   #268
Senior - BHPian

I just received the car last week after a long wait of 5+ months and I'm pinching myself to make sure I'm reading this right! Unbeleivable but I'm happy that you dont have to go through the ordeal of booking and waiting forever for your new car.

Congratulations and do check the shadow blue colour - It looks a million times better in flesh than what it looks in some pictures.
Old 7th August 2011, 19:44   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow ! Delivery within a week ? Thats shockingly good ! Is this achievable by a normal guy without any connection or is this possible after using connections ? is the blue also available within 4 weeks ? I am just curious .
Boss not in a week. Delivery on same day. Only for beige color he told 4 weeks. Apparently NCR gets the maximum stock and actually the showroom staff was having an extremely tough time since they had a large number of newly arrived cars outside the showroom. and mate I am just a normal guy, no connections or bribe involved of any sorts.
Old 7th August 2011, 23:10   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg

Boss not in a week. Delivery on same day. Only for beige color he told 4 weeks. Apparently NCR gets the maximum stock and actually the showroom staff was having an extremely tough time since they had a large number of newly arrived cars outside the showroom. and mate I am just a normal guy, no connections or bribe involved of any sorts.
Have heard this from a couple of friends from north. The northern region typically has higher car sales and so most manufacturers allot higher percentage of cars to this region. Hence the easy availability.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks