Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 18:51   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Dear All - Can any of the vento owners give me some VW email ID's to which i can write to check the status of my order? If you cannot post it in the forum, please PM me, Thank you.
Write to kundenbetreuung@volkswagen.de giving details of your order date, model , colour, dealer details , etc and your grouse.
You would get a call from your dealer within a day or two , that has been my experience . From whatever I have understood about the delivery process if you do not have any strings to pull in the company ( not only VW but it holds true of any company ) one is ultimately at the mercy of the dealer who allots the car .
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 21:00   #197
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much souravc. I will follow up with them directly. Once again, I appreciate your response to my query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc

Write to kundenbetreuung@volkswagen.de giving details of your order date, model , colour, dealer details , etc and your grouse.
You would get a call from your dealer within a day or two , that has been my experience . From whatever I have understood about the delivery process if you do not have any strings to pull in the company ( not only VW but it holds true of any company ) one is ultimately at the mercy of the dealer who allots the car .
Old 20th June 2011, 21:19   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much souravc. I will follow up with them directly. Once again, I appreciate your response to my query.
Bala, also if possible please check which color of Vento D high end variant is of quickest delivery from the date of the order

If FORD does not launch Fiesta by this month end, I do want to check out Vento, based on the time taken for their quickest delivery of diesel variant
Old 21st June 2011, 09:12   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Bala, also if possible please check which color of Vento D high end variant is of quickest delivery from the date of the order

If FORD does not launch Fiesta by this month end, I do want to check out Vento, based on the time taken for their quickest delivery of diesel variant
I would like to point out that the dealer can only give a gut feel rather than any concrete pointer on the colour which would have the earliest delivery date. Sometimes they may have a colour available due to cancellation of booking which can be offered to a lucky one. VW produces the white and the silver in highest numbers and red in the smallest numbers [ this is pre-blue stats ]
Old 21st June 2011, 11:22   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
+1 to that.

I sent a mail to the Germany customer care as well as the India customer care (customercaresales@volkswagen.co.in). The india mail went into a black hole but the Germany team replied back saying I will receive an update from the India team.

I also registered a compliant at the India customer care number: 18001020909 / 18002090909. And I did get a call from the dealer in a day.
Old 24th June 2011, 19:33   #201
Senior - BHPian

Surprise - I think it will be advisable for you to stick to your fiesta booking. I paid the dealership a visit this morning and i dont have anything positive to share. I was informed that I'm in the queue at 11th position (which hasnt changed from the beginning of this month) to receive a white TDI, however in a given month the dealership receives only about 3 to 4 white coloured TDI's. This means it might take atleast 3 more months for me to receive my car, forget any new bookings.

The dealership has prominently displayed the waiting list of all the models and both variants of vento diesel have a 6 months waiting period on them. Im surprised that people up north are able to get delivery within a month or two whereas this situation is only down south. Im not sure on what basis the consignments are shipped to individual dealers or if there is any specific reason behind this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 08:56   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I would like to point out that the dealer can only give a gut feel rather than any concrete pointer on the colour which would have the earliest delivery date. Sometimes they may have a colour available due to cancellation of booking which can be offered to a lucky one. VW produces the white and the silver in highest numbers and red in the smallest numbers [ this is pre-blue stats ]
Dealers are smart enough to show themselves as helpless and have enough access to manipulate the system. Discovered this only recently! I'll share the details once I get the car.

Last edited by nileshch : 27th June 2011 at 09:11.
Old 4th July 2011, 16:20   #203
Senior - BHPian

Nileshch - Please let me your observations when you can, it will be pretty useful for me. As per the latest update my dealer says that I'm in the 8th position to receive a white TDI HL, and my waiting period is currently into its 5th month. The worrisome factor for me though is that the consignment that the dealer's receive has only 2 or 3 white TDI's per month and going by that logic, it will be another 3 months before i could get my hands on one!

I also read on the other test drive thread - shortage is due to the availability of 1.6 TDI engines? Is there any additional details around this? Can we expect a little additional dealer dispatches in the coming months?

Noopster - If you are reading this and have some insights, can you respond?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Dealers are smart enough to show themselves as helpless and have enough access to manipulate the system. Discovered this only recently! I'll share the details once I get the car.
Old 4th July 2011, 17:26   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Nileshch - Please let me your observations when you can, it will be pretty useful for me. As per the latest update my dealer says that I'm in the 8th position to receive a white TDI HL, and my waiting period is currently into its 5th month. The worrisome factor for me though is that the consignment that the dealer's receive has only 2 or 3 white TDI's per month and going by that logic, it will be another 3 months before i could get my hands on one!

I also read on the other test drive thread - shortage is due to the availability of 1.6 TDI engines? Is there any additional details around this? Can we expect a little additional dealer dispatches in the coming months?
@bala80, I doubt if there is any specific shortage of 1.6 TDI engines more than what was expected (due to over-booking). The Germany customer care told me that they send the components in bulk to India and they did not mention any specific shortage.

What I found out recently was that the dealer has scope to re-allot cars at will. Specifically in my case, I got to know that my car was allotted to other people twice . Finally raising a big hue and cry about the delivery delay with Germany, India customer sales and lodging complaints with the Customer Care line forced the dealer into giving me my car .

I think you should now go full steam on your complaint and don't relent till the dealer responds with a delivery date. Five months is a long long time!!
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 18:02   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

@bala80- I sympathise with you, mate. Unfortunately there are no "insights" from my side- I also suffered through 3 months of waiting for my PETROL Vento. There was no earthly reason why it should have taken so long but it did.

One suggestion I can give you is to talk to someone senior in your dealership and display some flexibility in your choice of colour. My "estimated waiting" came down magically when I told the dealership I wasn't insisting on my original Terra Beige shade; maybe that'll work for you as well.

Also, as Nileshch suggested, please escalate to the company's helpline directly if you feel you are getting short shrift from the dealer. VW India has a Twitter and FB page as well but from my experience they just ignore actual complaints and are more attuned to fanbois!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 18:33   #206
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, thank you very much Nileshch and Noopster for your responses. Initially when i made the booking during the first week of March, i was quoted anywhere between 3 to 6 months for delivery, You may also remember the optimism for a reduced waiting period with more dealer dispatches happening in Feb/Mar 2011 months. However things went back to the earlier state after March and the number of dealer dispatches have once again come down - Sales figures thread substantiate this.

While, I was always willing to give them time, the thing that puts me off, is that - I have moved only 3 positions in the waiting list in the past one month, from 11th position to 8th position and if this trend continues i will have to wait another 3 months to get hold of mine, which definitely looks too long in comparison to all the other team members who have reported 2-4 months of waiting.

I dont know if the dealer has re-alloted/changed my booking status, but then when i visited them couple of days back to enquire if the other colours have a less waiting period - I was advised to stay with white to atleast get mine delivered in the next 3 months time! I gave a back-up choice of beige and i was even ready to take black if the waiting period is less - looks like none of these are options available to me.

Just to give you an idea how things work with the dealer here - I changed my telephone number about a month back and have informed them to update my records atleast 3 times now, last when i enquired, it still was not made, i wonder what i else should i do now! I have been very nice to them all this while, I'm still not in a hurry to get the new car, but i have a gut-feel that if i remain this way, I may eventually need to wait for another 6 months to get my car, sad state of affairs this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
One suggestion I can give you is to talk to someone senior in your dealership and display some flexibility in your choice of colour. My "estimated waiting" came down magically when I told the dealership I wasn't insisting on my original Terra Beige shade; maybe that'll work for you as well.

Also, as Nileshch suggested, please escalate to the company's helpline directly if you feel you are getting short shrift from the dealer
Old 4th July 2011, 19:08   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know if the dealer has re-alloted/changed my booking status, but then when i visited them couple of days back to enquire if the other colours have a less waiting period - I was advised to stay with white to atleast get mine delivered in the next 3 months time! I gave a back-up choice of beige and i was even ready to take black if the waiting period is less - looks like none of these are options available to me.
Just to give you an idea how things work with the dealer here - I changed my telephone number about a month back and have informed them to update my records atleast 3 times now, last when i enquired, it still was not made, i wonder what i else should i do now! I have been very nice to them all this while, I'm still not in a hurry to get the new car, but i have a gut-feel that if i remain this way, I may eventually need to wait for another 6 months to get my car, sad state of affairs this.
Bala I can empathise with you and understand your sense of frustration , having gone through a similar experience when I took my car - I had to wait from 6 months (out of which 1 month was due to my own wish, had a broken elbow!).
You should immediately shoot a short crisp email listing out your booking details ( car details, amount , date , receipt number) to the german CS , things should start moving faster post that . I think its advisable to let your frustration with the dealer be known but at the same time keep the mail polite and short. This helped me and also Nilesh - I did not have any connection with any VW senior .

I agree with Nilesh , the dealers can easily re-allocate cars and its a very opaque system ( its not a peculiarity of VW though) so don't burn bridges . Get the car and then take care of the dealer in the feedback and also by not buying any accessory or insurance .
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 19:43   #208
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much Sourav, Nilesh and Noopster. I will send out a email to the german CS and will keep you posted on the progress made. Your support and assistance is highly appreciated.
Old 5th July 2011, 05:40   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80

Bala, while being nice to the dealer I shot off strongly worded mails to the Indian and German CS copying the dealer's email address in these mails. That helped too. The dealer knew my frustration though I did not make a scene in front of him. In the last few days, he was quick to finish all formalities and hand over the car to me

However if you sit quiet, the dealer will take advantage of that. So make some noise about it. And don't forget to lodge a complaint on the helpline.

All the best!!

Last edited by nileshch : 5th July 2011 at 05:55.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:22   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much Sourav, Nilesh and Noopster. I will send out a email to the german CS and will keep you posted on the progress made. Your support and assistance is highly appreciated.
Hello Bala,
I might be able to help you with the status of your car, if you can PM me your booking details and receipt scan.
I don't promise anything though i'll try my best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks