Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2016, 11:38   #61
BHPian

Re: Pune - New car registration formalities and mandatory documents!

I am ok if the paper RC is delayed. My concern is that the number itself is not allocated yet. The dealer says RTO serves only Hero & Honda first and then only serves TVS which I am not ready to buy.

I am visiting the showroom today to see what is happening. Maybe I will just hear another cooked up story.
Old 14th December 2016, 14:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Pune RTO has just received its supply of printing paper. They are estimated to start clearing the 70,000+ registrations backlog now. :sigh:
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 21:01   #63
BHPian

Hi Everyone

I might be moving in to Pune by around April. Can anyone confirm till what time legally can we ply a car in a different state. Is it one year? Also if a road tax needs to be paid in MH; how much would that be?

My car is 2+ years old and is a KA registered car.

Any information will be of great help.

Thanks
Rish

Last edited by rish27 : 11th January 2017 at 21:05. Reason: Added point
Old 13th January 2017, 14:17   #64
Senior - BHPian

The established car sellers in Pune, seems to have their own set of rules with regards to the documents required for registering a car. Dealers from Tata, Hyundai, Maruti-Suzuki are just adamant on their requirements. {electric bill, or registered rental agreement along with police verification}

For registering an automobile in my name (I am based out of Pune), what all documents are required?

For address proof I have Aadhar card and BSNL Telephone Bill.
For ID Proof, I have Aadhar card, Pan Card.

Why can't the same serve the purpose?

Is it allowed for me to directly register the car with the RTO. [One seller informed me that as a purchaser I cannot register with the RTO and I have to go via a seller only]
Old 15th January 2017, 08:30   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post
Hi Everyone

I might be moving in to Pune by around April. Can anyone confirm till what time legally can we ply a car in a different state. Is it one year? Also if a road tax needs to be paid in MH; how much would that be?

My car is 2+ years old and is a KA registered car.

Any information will be of great help.

Thanks
Rish
I am not sure about the duration but its quite easy to pay the road tax. You will need a "not wanted" certificate, its available online. You will also need to carry you original registration papers and proof of residence. If you plan to stay on rent then i suggest get your rent agreement notarized and you are done. You have the option to pay the road tax in multiples of 1 year upto the deemed life of your Car.

HTH
acsandeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 17:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Pune RTO has just received its supply of printing paper. They are estimated to start clearing the 70,000+ registrations backlog now. :sigh:
3 months on , we are still waiting for registration papers. Has anybody recently received the RC from Pune RTO recently ?
Old 18th January 2017, 09:55   #67
BHPian

Quote:
3 months on , we are still waiting for registration papers. Has anybody recently received the RC from Pune RTO recently ?
Yes, recently (first week of Jan). But from PCMC Sub-RTO MH14. My car was registered mid April 2016

And to add insult to injury, the RC came as a barely-visible dot-matrix printed on the thinnest possible paper

I immediately took a few color and b/w photocopies of it and then laminated it. Because I was scared that the print would just evaporate - it was that bad quality.

From what I've heard, Pune RTO (MH12) is better and you can expect the RC to arrive in about 5 months.
RubberSideDown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:51   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSideDown View Post
And to add insult to injury, the RC came as a barely-visible dot-matrix printed on the thinnest possible paper

I immediately took a few color and b/w photocopies of it and then laminated it. Because I was scared that the print would just evaporate - it was that bad quality.
Just received the RC , in a similarly badly printed ink. I think I should also go ahead and laminate and take several copies of that paper , the ink looks like it came pre-faded.
Old 23rd January 2017, 15:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
The established car sellers in Pune, seems to have their own set of rules with regards to the documents required for registering a car. Dealers from Tata, Hyundai, Maruti-Suzuki are just adamant on their requirements. {electric bill, or registered rental agreement along with police verification}

For registering an automobile in my name (I am based out of Pune), what all documents are required?

For address proof I have Aadhar card and BSNL Telephone Bill.
For ID Proof, I have Aadhar card, Pan Card.

Why can't the same serve the purpose?

Is it allowed for me to directly register the car with the RTO. [One seller informed me that as a purchaser I cannot register with the RTO and I have to go via a seller only]
Update as received after checking personally with Pune RTO official.

--Two proofs of address are required and Electric Bill is not the compulsory one. For me Aadhar card and BSNL bill will work as both are on same address.

--For ID proof, I can submit any government approved IDs.

--I cannot register a "new" car on my own and it has to come via a dealer only. ( this is surprising )
Old 3rd May 2017, 17:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

Pune RTO is going to hand out Smart cards again from July, as per the article in Pune mirror. Hope they are faster this time around.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/58306227.cms

On the other hand, the switchover to new software hasnt gone really well, with queues building up at RTOs.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/58485618.cms
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 02:59   #71
BHPian

Hi All,

I booked the isuzu v cross at Pune and have been given the below break up of cost

ex showroom 1353725
insurance 67064
registration/Life time tax 172696
handling charges 8500
On road 1601985

Im getting the car registered in wagholi which is outside PMC and PCMC so i was of the opinion that the registration cost would be less but was informed by the dealer that they do not pay VAT as their turnover for the dealership is not above 50CR yet so all the registrations are the same irrelevant of the address of registration.

1 Does the above story holds true?
2 How are they calculating the cost of registration? Is there a way to negotiate on this?

Reason im digging into this further is because i was shocked to see the price difference in insurance taken from them VS directly from ICICI website its almost a 50% difference.

Thanks,

David.
Old 4th May 2017, 13:48   #72
BHPian

@Davids: The Dealer is referring to Local Body Tax, not VAT. LBT is levied by the Corporation to traders with turnover in excess of Rs 50 Crore in the previous financial year. I am surprised to the Dealer openly admitting it as all other dealers just extract it from the customers. If he is not charging LBT, then better to register it in PMC as resale is better & you wont have to undergo the hassle of making a fresh rent agreement.
AFAIK, the Road Tax is 11% of the Ex-showroom price for a Diesel vehicle. Pl get this verified as it might have changed.
Negotiate hard for the Insurance premium as dealers make most money here. I always do the Insurance independently, never from the dealership. Saves me a tidy sum for mods
Old 15th May 2017, 14:26   #73
BHPian

I am buying a new Triumph. Was told everything is online these days and it takes time to get a reg number. Can anybody enlighten me on the present procedure in Pune/Maharashtra and why it takes almost seven or eight working days, specially if a 'new series' starts in between the process...?
Old 15th May 2017, 14:49   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pune RTO is going to hand out Smart cards again from July, as per the article in Pune mirror. Hope they are faster this time around.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/58306227.cms
Any idea if I take my paper RC issued by Pune RTO last year and get it converted to a Smart Card ? The smart card is a lot more durable than the flimsy paper that I fear will get torn
Old 6th October 2017, 08:56   #75
BHPian

I stay in Dhankawadi, Pune 411043. I am planning to buy a used 2 wheeler and get it transferred in my name? Which RTO does the area i live in come under?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks