Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 19:38   #14746
HBK

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hello guys, what should be the fair price for Hyundai Elite i20 Magna Executive 1.2L VTVT. It's a pre-facelift model.Car is January 2018 registered in haryana and have done 35000km. Looks in fair condition,have a modified chrome grill.
Dealer is asking for 5 lakhs .
HELP GUYS!!
How much should I offer?
Old 31st July 2021, 00:48   #14747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK View Post
Hello guys, what should be the fair price for Hyundai Elite i20 Magna Executive 1.2L VTVT. It's a pre-facelift model.Car is January 2018 registered in haryana and have done 35000km. Looks in fair condition,have a modified chrome grill.
Dealer is asking for 5 lakhs .
HELP GUYS!!
How much should I offer?
Around 4-4.5L should be fair IMO. Get the car checked by your trusted mechanic once. Decent Mileage done.

Also, to be honest, the chrome grill adds zero value, if you can, ask the dealer to get it removed.
akash_v12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 14:48   #14748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Around 4-4.5L should be fair IMO. Get the car checked by your trusted mechanic once. Decent Mileage done.

Also, to be honest, the chrome grill adds zero value, if you can, ask the dealer to get it removed.
As it is January 2018 is the manufacture year 2017 or 2018? If it’s 2017 manufactured then price it as a 2017 car.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 16:00   #14749
HBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post

Thanks for your valuable advice. Started my bid from 3.70lakhs. Hoping to get it around 4lakhs. That's the budget limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
As it is January 2018 is the manufacture year 2017 or 2018? If it’s 2017 manufactured then price it as a 2017 car.
Thanks for adding value to the advice Sir.
Most probably it's going to be a 2017 manufactured car. I have started my bid from 3.70 lakhs. Hoping to get it under 4lakhs.
Old 31st July 2021, 19:50   #14750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK View Post
Thanks for your valuable advice. Started my bid from 3.70lakhs. Hoping to get it around 4lakhs. That's the budget limit.

Thanks for adding value to the advice Sir.
Most probably it's going to be a 2017 manufactured car. I have started my bid from 3.70 lakhs. Hoping to get it under 4lakhs.
If it's a 2017 car, the maximum you should shell out should be not more than ₹4L. So you're on the right track atleast. Thanks for bringing it up hserus
Old 1st August 2021, 11:22   #14751
BHPian

Guys, I was on the lookout for a butch SUV to replace my 2014 XUV 500 and stumbled upon this Octavia VRs. It's a 2018 model Blr registered and driven about 23 k kms. The owner is not budging much on the price and has quoted 30 L as the final price. I can get a X1 or a Kodiaq at the same price range. Please suggest
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 13:10   #14752
BHPian

Hello guys, a close friend of my relative is selling his May 2018 1.6 VTVT Creta SX+ with a mileage of 12000 kms. The car is in superb condition and the second car in house hold. The car is registered in HP and they are asking 9.50 lacs non-negotiable. Is it a good buy? Shall i go ahead and but it?

Last edited by dhruv45in : 1st August 2021 at 13:11. Reason: Added the model year
Old 1st August 2021, 13:18   #14753
BHPian

I was planning to sell my Polo 1.2 Tdi, 2011 make, comfortline variant. I am the second owner. My car has done 87,000 kms. The car is in fair condition.What resale price should I expect?
Old 1st August 2021, 15:52   #14754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Guys, I was on the lookout for a butch SUV to replace my 2014 XUV 500 and stumbled upon this Octavia VRs. It's a 2018 model Blr registered and driven about 23 k kms. The owner is not budging much on the price and has quoted 30 L as the final price. I can get a X1 or a Kodiaq at the same price range. Please suggest
IMO, if you're someone who loves driving, get the Octy. It's a very, very sorted machine from what my brothers have told me. There'll be no such RS' anymore thanks to hybrid engines. Make the owner budge a bit, after all it's the 3rd year that the car is in. Around ₹28L would be the sweet spot, although there are a few 2017 ones going for around 26 in Mumbai. So, considering Bangalore's tax structure, 28 should be just fine.

Also, if you go ahead with the car, just ensure that the records are okay. Servicing & Insurance et. al. It's a Skoda after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Hello guys, a close friend of my relative is selling his May 2018 1.6 VTVT Creta SX+ with a mileage of 12000 kms. The car is in superb condition and the second car in house hold. The car is registered in HP and they are asking 9.50 lacs non-negotiable. Is it a good buy? Shall i go ahead and but it?
It's actually a great deal. If you scroll up the page, BHPian Wizaro sold his 2017 Creta SX Auto for 12.3L. Just get it checked once by Hyundai and if it's clear, you're good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashodhanGanu View Post
I was planning to sell my Polo 1.2 Tdi, 2011 make, comfortline variant. I am the second owner. My car has done 87,000 km. The car is in fair condition. What resale price should I expect?
I think around 2.5-3L would be a fair price, depending on the condition of the car. It's a 10-year-old car at this point & Comfortline variant at that.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 1st August 2021 at 16:20.
akash_v12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 16:03   #14755
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I wanted to get an idea of how much I should expect for my Red, 2015 1.2 Petrol VW Polo Highline. It has just done 23k km as it doesn't get used much and is in great condition. The car is registered in Noida (Up 16) and we're the first owners of the vehicle.
Thanks in advance
Old 1st August 2021, 17:17   #14756
BHPian

Hey guys what would be a fair price for a wagon r cng, Feb 2012 model, done 73000 kms and changed the cluth last month, the sound system is couple years old and so are the tyres. maintained well and regularly serviced. body has a couple of bad scratches and the rear bumper has been screwed in with the n number of unavoidable bumps here. the windshield has a crack and i havent looked to replace it as i have a 8k worth film on there.
There is a bad rust on the tin between the dash and the engine that i have gotten a quote of 10k to repair.

Looking to sell to mainly upgrade to a bigger car - ertiga cng. am in mumbai. had one 3rd party dealer evaluate and he offered 1.5L. would it be wiser to use this for a while or claim insurance and repair and then sell ?

Last edited by cletusarrarr : 1st August 2021 at 17:19.
Old 1st August 2021, 20:41   #14757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusarrarr View Post
Hhad one 3rd party dealer evaluate and he offered 1.5L. would it be wiser to use this for a while or claim insurance and repair and then sell ?
If you stick it on olx you will probably get 2 or so. The problem is getting buyers of these cheap cars to transfer the car to their name, most will just keep using it for months or years without changing the name and sell it as still a first owner car. Any dealer will normally only release the car after name transfer. A corporate dealer like Spinny (avoid Cars 24, they will claim to get you high rates and then low ball you) might give you maybe a bit better price.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 01:09   #14758
BHPian

Quote:
If you stick it on olx you will probably get 2 or so. The problem is getting buyers of these cheap cars to transfer the car to their name, most will just keep using it for months or years without changing the name and sell it as still a first owner car. Any dealer will normally only release the car after name transfer. A corporate dealer like Spinny (avoid Cars 24, they will claim to get you high rates and then low ball you) might give you maybe a bit better price.
Thanks for your reply and yes spinny was the one I contacted who did a detailed inspection and quoted the asking price. Cars24 I had done an interest check and they have been hounding me since to visit their dealership for evaluation. Based on the negative reviews for cars24 I have told them that I have changed my mind for now. Will ask Maruti showrooms to evaluate and see what they quote in exchange.

It is sad that maruti is milking the cng ertiga to the max. I don't get any offer. They have a monsoon offer running right now. Applies to all cars but the ones with cng. No corporate bonus, no exchange bonus and no loyalty bonus.

On top they are openly running a scam saying that if you opt for 1.25L worth accessories from them. You get the car in a month, vs 3-6 quoted everywhere. At first i thought certain "bad" dealerships were responsible for this. But then I got to know its Maruti's doing.
cletusarrarr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:25   #14759
BHPian

Hello, I am looking to sell my 2015 Ford Ecosport Titatinum Petrol Automatic. Its done 40500 km and is in excellent shape. Tyres replaced in Jan of this year. All services done at Ford ASS with complete service record. No accidents. The portals give a range of 6.8 to 7.9 and OLX has listings at 8-8.5 in Bangalore. What is a reasonable expectation for the car? Am selling as i am Working from home and don't need 2 cars for the near future.
Old 2nd August 2021, 12:29   #14760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvikki View Post
Hello, I am looking to sell my 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol Automatic.
Around ₹6.75-7.5L would be a fair price for an Automatic car. You've also got new tyres and maintenance is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks