Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2020, 10:19   #14101
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Please advise.
My vote is for the old Innova. When it comes to used cars, I'd always recommend a car that does 10k/year over one that does 30k/year. 5 lakhs cheaper asking price makes this a no-brainer.

Quote:
Second set of tyres recently installed.
Isn't 40k kms too early for a tyre change? My friend's 2011 Innova did 1 lakh kms on stock rubber.

Quote:
Somehow I felt the Crysta had a heavier steering than the Honda city, for which the seller said it's normal because I am used to the Honda City feel.
Older one's steering is even heavier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I've been seeing a lot of Baleno's (Alpha and Zeta variants) on OLX. Most about a year old and done anywhere between 7-30K kms. Quoted price is around 6.70 - 8.00 Lakhs. What's the formula to calculate the value based on age and Kms.
For an year old car, anywhere between 80-85% (depending on kms driven) of what the buyer paid. 30k kms driven car shall be cheaper, probably 75%.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 13:08   #14102
BHPian

What would be the best price for an Alto800 VXi 2014 model registered in Bengaluru with 30k kms on the ODO. Mint condition, 1st owner. My dad’s looking to sell his car as he is no longer going to be driving.
Old 2nd October 2020, 14:36   #14103
Senior - BHPian

Car: Ford Ecosport Petrol
Year: 2015
ODO: 51000
Variant: Titanium
Transmission: AT (DCT? )
No.of owners: 1

Owner is asking for 6L and now came down to 5.8L. What is the fair price for it? Is there any concern with old DCT in ecosport.

Last edited by Latheesh : 2nd October 2020 at 14:38.
Old 2nd October 2020, 15:45   #14104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is there any concern with old DCT in ecosport.
Don’t bite the bait. Stay away from Ford DCT vehicles with a barge pole. Ford themselves have ditched their DCT & gone back to TC for their new vehicles.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...sion-problems/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ssion-lawsuit/

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
What would be the best price for an Alto800 VXi 2014 model registered in Bengaluru with 30k kms on the ODO. Mint condition, 1st owner. My dad’s looking to sell his car as he is no longer going to be driving.
This is a bad time to sell any car, let alone if you’re expecting high resale, thanks to the pandemic. The Alto’s drivetrain itself is fairly reliable and can holdup well over time with minimal maintenance IF you continue with the same kind of low running.

My advice would be to hold onto it and sell it later when the used car market picks up again as you’ll not suffer a massive hit in depreciation. Selling any car in today’s climate is akin to a distress sale & you can forget about getting a buyer to match your expectation. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 2nd October 2020 at 16:13.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 16:27   #14105
BHPian

How much should I be expecting for my
2016 Ciaz Vdi+ SHVS(mid variant) which has done just about 41,000kms. The car is KA 35 registered and will be selling in Mangalore.
Old 2nd October 2020, 17:20   #14106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Car: Ford Ecosport Petrol
Year: 2015
ODO: 51000
Variant: Titanium
Transmission: AT (DCT? )
No.of owners: 1

Owner is asking for 6L and now came down to 5.8L. What is the fair price for it? Is there any concern with old DCT in ecosport.
My Ecosport Titanium DCT is in its 6th year of ownership (Nov 14)- one of the early automatic Ecosports on TeamBhp. I’ve driven it myself, so that is an advantage- run around 53000 kms. So far I have not faced any issues- been perfectly happy with the car and the transmission. I avoid keeping the transmission in the D mode at red lights and such stops - use the N mode.
I think the price asked is not too high - you could probably try to bring it down to 5.25/5.50.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 07:54   #14107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Isn't 40k kms too early for a tyre change? My friend's 2011 Innova did 1 lakh kms on stock rubber.
I inquired in Toyota and found it is an accidental vehicle. Dropped the idea instantly. Although I have seen a few people change their tyres at 40/50k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
The Crysta will have the 2.8 Engine. Its a joy on that engine.
If you were to TD both those back to back, i am sure that the Automatic Crysta will put a big smile on your face. 81.4 K is hardly anything and you can still drive a few lakh KM's.

You will experience the heavier steering when you come in from a Honda city. Quite normal, i would say,
Your advice gave me confidence and I chose the 2.8 AT. I took my brother who owns the Touring Sport and he didn't find the steering any different than his car.
Honestly your comment made me shortlist only this engine trim while looking at other cars, also its not available anymore in the current Crysta BS6 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
get option 2, if you have to have an Innova AT, get option 1.

You can’t go wrong with either, but get the price down as best you can.

The car was extremely well maintained by the previous owner and there were no squeaks or rattles anywhere.
He was insisting to get the car inspected at Toyota for service record and to put my doubts to rest. The longish test ride of the vehicle by my brother sealed the deal.

Thanks a lot for your inputs everyone. I bought the Crysta 2.8 AT
Paid 8.5L difference in exchange for my City effectively making the Crysta cost me at 14L.

Since it is a white coloured beauty I am planning to convert the looks to that of the Touring Sport version.

Last edited by The Great : 3rd October 2020 at 07:56.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 11:38   #14108
BHPian

Car : BMW 320d (F30 pre LCI, Sport)
Odo : 14.5k
Year : 2015
City : Bangalore
Price : 26 lakhs

Was in the market for a 'less driven' luxury car. This car seemed fantastic to drive, but is a bit out of my budget. What is the fair price for such a drive? What expenses should I look out for in the next 1-2 years (battery/RFTs)? I want to keep the car for 4-5 years at least and a running of 7-8k kms per year.

Also, assuming this is a better car to look at (considering it'll be my first German) from an ease of ownership point of view than a C220 (had seen one 4 year old model with 32k on the odo)? The choice is really between Merc and BMW (by now guess it's clear I'm totally thinking with my heart and the head has gone on vacay )
smukherjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 11:10   #14109
BHPian

I'm looking at a May 2015 Camry Hybrid, driven for 31000 kms and first owner and this is in Bangalore. The price quoted is 15.5L by the owner, but he's also listed it on 2 different websites, on one of them he's listed 12.75L as the listing price, in the other he's quoted 15.5L.

What's a fair price? OBV shows 16.5-17.5 as the right range for good maintained cars.

I've also asked about it at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4900207 (Review: 7th-gen Toyota Camry Hybrid (2013)).
Old 4th October 2020, 15:25   #14110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthikeyan View Post
I'm looking at a May 2015 Camry Hybrid, driven for 31000 kms and first owner and this is in Bangalore. The price quoted is 15.5L by the owner, but he's also listed it on 2 different websites, on one of them he's listed 12.75L as the listing price, in the other he's quoted 15.5L.

What's a fair price?
Normally, I would tell you it’s a safe bet BUT this is a Hybrid. Even though Toyota makes the best hybrids in the world, this is a used 5yr old hybrid car.

Unless, you’re completely fine with spending a few lacs on buying a new (not refurbished) hybrid battery in the near future, I would say stick to a non hybrid vehicle, since you’re buying used.

And what’s with the price not matching the mileage? Something isn’t right with this whole deal. Is the mileage even genuine?

Bottom line, there are some extremely complex electronics involved with a hybrid vehicle which most FNGs won’t be willing to work on. So you’ll be at the mercy of the dealer for every single repair which the car needs.

If you want a hybrid, buy a new hybrid, not a used one. It’s just too risky to gamble with expensive repairs for hybrid parts, which will have to be imported from Japan (?).
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 20:26   #14111
BHPian

Thank @ChoosetoCruze, appreciate the points you've raised. I hadn't thought too much about the FNG's not being able to troubleshoot the vehicle for battery, gearbox, engine problems, that was a good call out.

The owner is 78 years old and his children are asking him to not drive anymore or move to a smaller sized vehicle. I met him today and test drove the vehicle, it felt sharp and except for a few minor scratches(had to really look for them) , the vehicle looks good. He's only been using it to drive to his office nearby everyday for the past 5 years and hence the low usage. The cabin was just eerily quiet when I drove it through the city traffic under 40kmph. Given it's running on the electric motor, it felt like a train in its pull and silence, if you know what I mean.

If I proceed further, I've told him that I'll be checking it out with Toyota service center for any known issues or upcoming maintenance and he's fine with that. If I get a clean go ahead from Toyota service, I'll then proceed. He said 15.5L is final and he can reduce a little bit as a good will. OBV shows most vehicles listed between 17-25L for this 2015 vintage.

Regarding the hybrid being difficult to service in FNG, I totally agree, this is a risk and I'm thinking it'll happen rarely given it's a Toyota. See my experience below with my current ride, a Corolla Altis.

Regarding used vs new, I also own a Corolla Altis which I've owned for almost 5 years now and it's been fill n shut kind of vehicle. I bought it when it was already 5 years old, and so far, it's been super reliable and Toyota service is also economical, just 5-10K per year regular service, oil changes etc. I've also spent some on AVN, better tyres and a few paint touch-ups for some minor scratches, but those were discretionary and a bit of pampering from me.

I can definitely afford to spend 2-3L on the battery or gearbox in case things go wrong, I'm already accounting for that. 15.5L is lower than the 17-18L that most owners are quoting, so whatever I save here can be used on a potential battery replacement or hybrid tech related work in case I need those. But I also read that the battery usually lasts for 10 years or longer and for 100K or more miles, so I'm honestly expecting this to last another 4-5 years without battery replacement.

Thoughts?
skarthikeyan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 21:47   #14112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthikeyan View Post
Thoughts?
If you have already planned for the battery replacement event in future, and Toyota gives the car a clean bill of health, by all means - go for it! After all, it’s a Camry..

I’m well aware of Toyota peace of mind ownership and since you already own a Corolla, expect the Camry to be no different with regards to maintenance & service costs (hybrid components aside). 31,000 kms is NOTHING for a Toyota and I’m sure you’re well aware of that.

The last time I checked, the hybrid battery pack alone costed almost $5,000 so plan accordingly. Though having said that, I doubt you’ll have much unforeseen expenses on a 5yr old barely broken in Camry.

Whatever amount you’re able to shave off of the 15.5, use it to replace all the tyres, battery, etc so that you won’t have to bother with those expenses for the next 5yrs of your ownership.

Good luck!

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 4th October 2020 at 21:50.
Old 5th October 2020, 11:04   #14113
BHPian

Hi,

What can be expected for a 3 year old Jeep Compass Diesel (Longitude, BS-4) that has run around 20K KMs in Bangalore? IBB indicates around Rs. 13L
Old 5th October 2020, 16:45   #14114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Hi,

What can be expected for a 3 year old Jeep Compass Diesel (Longitude, BS-4) that has run around 20K KMs in Bangalore? IBB indicates around Rs. 13L
15-20% off the invoice price for Year 1.
10% off Year 2.
10% off Year 3.

This could be a good start.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 23:30   #14115

Dear gurus... Please help.

What should be the ideal price for a 40K Km driven, single owner, 2015 model 4WD Santa Fe? The car is H.A.S.S. maintained and in prime condition.

Also, can someone help me with what would be the TCO going forward? Maintenance cost, major part failures (if Santa Fe is prone to do that),etc given its an out of warranty car.

Thanks a ton in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks