Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2020, 15:27   #13741
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I'm seeing a 12,000 Km run 2017 Tata Hexa XTA (6 seater, single owner) listed at 14 lakhs in Chennai with a dealer. Various used car valuation tools put it at 10 lakhs roughly at the most.

I'm curious as to why a car that costs 23 lakh on road when new would be valued by valuation tools only at 10 lakhs only 3 years down the line? It is merely a 2017 model...
I saw one with a similar configuration at Spinny in Bengaluru listed for 12.5L. Don't remember how much it had run though. I think it was above 40k.

10L is too less in my limited understanding. OBV puts it at 13.1 to 13.9L for very good condition.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 19:53   #13742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
I saw one with a similar configuration at Spinny in Bengaluru listed for 12.5L. Don't remember how much it had run though. I think it was above 40k.

10L is too less in my limited understanding. OBV puts it at 13.1 to 13.9L for very good condition.
13 and maybe 20k more for newer tyres and battery is a fair price. Snap it up if you find it in good condition.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 20:54   #13743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I'm seeing a 12,000 Km run 2017 Tata Hexa XTA (6 seater, single owner) listed at 14 lakhs in Chennai with a dealer. Various used car valuation tools put it at 10 lakhs roughly at the most.

I'm curious as to why a car that costs 23 lakh on road when new would be valued by valuation tools only at 10 lakhs only 3 years down the line? It is merely a 2017 model...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
13 and maybe 20k more for newer tyres and battery is a fair price. Snap it up if you find it in good condition.
Thank you sir for your insight.

Quoting the OP @locusjag in this case so that he can take a look.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 09:45   #13744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Thank you sir for your insight.

Quoting the OP @locusjag in this case so that he can take a look.
Thanks to the both of you for the advice. But after mulling it over, I'm giving up pursuit of this Hexa. I cannot park it where I'm renting currently. That's the real painful reason that's the clincher in my case. My folks would be up in arms if I even suggested moving to a spacious home just to be able to park a Hexa. My dad has already told me that "the tail cannot wag the dog"

Anyone in Chennai that wants a used Hexa, look no further - https://www.carwale.com/m/used/cars-...ot=0&dc=0&rk=2

I had met the dealer (Bright Choice, Medavakkam) yesterday and the car will be available with them starting today. The price of 14 lacs is negotiable.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 12:48   #13745
BHPian

How much can I expect for KUV100 NXT k6+ (first owner) petrol, December 2017 manufactured and January 2018 registered at Chandigarh? It is 27k kms run, silver and well-maintained except for a few minor scratches. 3 years extened warranty is also present.
Old 18th March 2020, 16:40   #13746
BHPian

How much should be the reasonable price for a Hexa XT 4*4 2017, March vehicle. The vehicle has run 44k kms and looks to be in a good condition. Thanks in advance .
Old 19th March 2020, 01:26   #13747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPAI View Post
How much should be the reasonable price for a Hexa XT 4*4 2017, March vehicle. The vehicle has run 44k kms and looks to be in a good condition. Thanks in advance .
Hope this helps as a similar query was answered a few posts above.

Quote:
Old 19th March 2020, 09:33   #13748
BHPian

My brother has been negotiating for a Tata Hexa December 2018 XTA, with 28,000 kms on the Odo.

Prima facie, car condition seems Okay, haven't got it checked with the service center but service history looks clean. Owner wants 14.2 for it. Car has a loan and the owner wants me to pay for being able to close the loan and will apply for NoC thereafter. He will give the car after I pay the amount required to clear the loan, and the remaining payment is after he provides me the bank NoC. He will sign forms 29 & 30 immediately & I've requested to sign an agreement with all relevant details before I transfer anything.

Need suggestions for the price and the how this loan closure transactions work.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 19th March 2020 at 09:47.
WorkingGuru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 09:29   #13749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I think 80K is a very fair assessment. If your cousin wants to sell it on his own, he may get max 15-20K.

My wife recently sold her 10 Yr Old 1.15L km run Swift LXI to a dealer for 1.15L. So I think what you are getting is decent. Coz no headache and immediate cash.
My cousin was able to sell the car for 1.40L to an individual buyer. He had put it up on Olx. Pure luck I guess.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 11:02   #13750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
My brother has been negotiating for a Tata Hexa December 2018 XTA, with 28,000 kms on the Odo.

Prima facie, car condition seems Okay, haven't got it checked with the service center but service history looks clean. Owner wants 14.2 for it...

Need suggestions for the price and the how this loan closure transactions work.

Thanks in advance!
Struck it off the list after dealership SA test drove the car & gave his opinion. (Only then did I realise the full picture.)

The SA pointed out that this unit had harsh NVH when accelerating in city-speeds as the car should've gone for the 3rd service by now but the owner had done only 2 services i.e. the initial check-up within 1k on the Odo and the second service which was supposed to be done at 15,000kms - was just done recently at 25,000kms. Also, the instrument cluster had play causing it to clatter harshly when the car vibrated due to said NVH.

On the way back, the owner was ready to sell for a significantly lower price without much negotiations from my side. Said I'll think over and excused myself citing a stomach-ache & left. A few scratches on the body panel are OK as they are not a factor that matters much to me. But realised I personally can't live with the harsh NVH and a car that was poorly looked after during its initial ownership services. When he called today, I declined without commenting on the car.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 21st March 2020 at 11:14.
WorkingGuru is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 12:56   #13751
BHPian

Team,

I'm on the verge of getting a pre-owned 2012 model, so pretty excited to upgrade to a "pre-owned" Fortuner.

I have zeroed-in a 2012 Model, 1,15,000 on the odo. Single owner driven and he is also an enthusiast. First owner with all service records & clean documents. Manual Transmission ( 4x4 ). He had shown me a bill amount of 25k for the change of some part unit (will get more info If need) of 4X4, which got stuck with some fishing net or something while doing a ride in drive-in beach.

Model : 2012
Version : Manual (4X4)
Odo : 1,15,000 km
Ownership : Two (Company to Individual)
Tyres : Goodyear All Terrain (Good for another 10,000km)
Service records : Available
Pending work (not mandatory though, but current owner ready to change it) :Upgrade brakes to Brembo

I did a small test drive within Bangalore Urban, one important item noticed was I felt gear lever much higher to hold since I always been using low slung Baleno and Type 2 city. Not sure, how the ergonomics are on a long drive. Cant compare the body rolls to sedan though, I fully agree.

Now to the million Dollar query - > What would be the best price in your humble opinion for the above said Fortuner. It is Bangalore registered vehicle.

Regards
prsn
prsnck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 14:02   #13752
Distinguished - BHPian

Normally I would say 11-12 lakhs, Fortuners hold their value so very well and with 115K Kms, and 8 years of age, it is just entering it’s mid-life.

But with the current slowdown, prices of pre-owner cars are bound to crash. People need money to sustain their businesses or restart after the crisis abates and cash is king - since incomes will be close to zero for most businesses for next 3 months. Many small businesses will rationalise and liquidate assets like cars to generate cash to resume business operations. This will cause oversupply in used car markets and a crash in prices. So if you can wait for 3-4 months, you will be able to pick up some great bargains and I would not be surprised if a car like this crashes in value by 25-30%

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 29th March 2020 at 14:04.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 14:57   #13753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
People need money to sustain their businesses or restart after the crisis abates and cash is king - since incomes will be close to zero for most businesses for next 3 months. Many small businesses will rationalise. So if you can wait for 3-4 months, you will be able to pick up some great bargains and I would not be surprised if a car like this crashes in value by 25-30%
The total opposite can also happen. Since cash is king, businesses will defer new purchases and hold on to their existing assets.

Hence it’s all down to the needs of the buyer, situation of the seller and what is a right price at that time.

In any case expecting a 25-30% drop in the price of such an old car just due to this slow down is a bit ambitious
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 15:27   #13754
BHPian

Thanks Monsoon, Narayan, for the replies.

I agree to disagree. Both are near striking points and can happen. But i'm more inclined to prices to drop (I can wait, no hurry) as it's ideally a slow down across all markets, industry so people try liquidate with non-appreciable asset like this. As time pass on yes, the value diminish what best than this opportunity to revive - selling off depreciating assets and own something low on liquid cash. The owner is close to 13 Lakh, as I heard last from him, but nothing less than that. Is that a high price for a genuine well maintained 2012 Fortuner (please bear in mind KA Road tax are the highest across and no coastal/rust issues to worry). Would I lose say 1-2 lakh, if I sell it after a year or two ? Questions to ponder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
The total opposite can also happen. Since cash is king, businesses will defer new purchases and hold on to their existing assets.

Hence it’s all down to the needs of the buyer, situation of the seller and what is a right price at that time.

In any case expecting a 25-30% drop in the price of such an old car just due to this slow down is a bit ambitious
Old 5th May 2020, 22:30   #13755
BHPian

How much should I expect for a 2011, E250 CDI, white, original paint, 75Km done Chandigarh registered Mercedes? I am the 3rd owner but the previous owner earlier had it on his company's name and the on his name so practically the owner was the same...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks