Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2019, 14:21   #13306
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello WF,
3.5L seems a fair price. The car is not popular new,even less as a used car. Don't pay a premium for the "Cross" tag.
Regards,
Powertrain
Thank you, powertrain.
They are quoting 4.4 lakhs for the same. I will give it a pass then. One thing I noticed that both 1.2 G and 1.5V are available in pre-owned space at a somewhat similar price range.
Old 9th August 2019, 16:06   #13307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFang View Post
Thank you, powertrain.
They are quoting 4.4 lakhs for the same. I will give it a pass then. One thing I noticed that both 1.2 G and 1.5V are available in pre-owned space at a somewhat similar price range.
If you have the option to choose, get the 1.5. It is a great motor. Nice and torquey. I owned a Liva 1.5P TRD for a short while and absolutely loved the engine. The interior is a totally different matter though.
ashenoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 16:39   #13308
BHPian

Have shortlisted couple of SX4 ZXI 2010 Petrol models run 57000kms/60000kms.
2 owners are quoting 3.1L & 3L in Bangalore. Not budging at all. What is the fair price point. What issues to look for if i were to finalize. These are direct owners (2nd owners) & have full service history from MASS. Pls suggest.
Old 9th August 2019, 19:40   #13309
BHPian

Re: Jetta or BMW X1 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
For a 7 year old car, you're probably going to end up spending almost as much in overhauling it as you paid for it so another 7-9 lakhs. And then scheduled services are going to be expensive as the age / mileage increases.
Thanks for the reply, hserus.

Will a BMW X1 throw up maintenance of 8 lakhs, besides the regular services, between the age of 8 to 15? That sounds quite expensive. The total service + maintenance could end up around 12-15 lakhs then, which sounds really high for me for now.

Yep a transmission or an engine overhaul would be expensive, but that would be rare, and most cars won't see such a problem upto 15 years, wouldn't it?

I was imagining/prepared for 4-5 lakhs for maintenance including parts replacement here and there for the next 7-8 years.
Old 9th August 2019, 20:21   #13310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec2152 View Post
Thanks for the reply, hserus.

Will a BMW X1 throw up maintenance of 8 lakhs, besides the regular services, between the age of 8 to 15? That sounds quite expensive. The total service + maintenance could end up around 12-15 lakhs then, which sounds really high for me for now.

Yep a transmission or an engine overhaul would be expensive, but that would be rare, and most cars won't see such a problem upto 15 years, wouldn't it?

I was imagining/prepared for 4-5 lakhs for maintenance including parts replacement here and there for the next 7-8 years.
Your maintenance budget would suffice most of the issues that may come up. Also, risk appetites of different people are not the same. You decide the risk you can tolerate and go ahead with it. Enjoy driving your BMW!
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 00:29   #13311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Your maintenance budget would suffice most of the issues that may come up. Also, risk appetites of different people are not the same. You decide the risk you can tolerate and go ahead with it. Enjoy driving your BMW!
Thanks lambydude! Your post gives me some confidence to go ahead and test the waters with BMW if it right for me.

Is there a history of 2011/2012 BMW X1 steering unit being heavy and requiring replacement? How much of a hit would that be?
The used X1 I was looking at has steering issues as per the owner and I want to negotiate the price accordingly if a steering unit replacement is due on it. The car is otherwise good and only 40k kms done so pretty long life left on it.

Thanks!
Old 10th August 2019, 01:15   #13312

Hi All,
Planning to swap my two cars for a Kodiaq or Fortuner. I am the first owner for both. How much can I expect via personal sale for :

1) Fair Condition 2011 Verna Fluidic SX Diesel Auto with 150k kilometers (Turbo Leak and 1 accident in trunk area repaired in Hyundai Authorised Centre)

2) Good condition 2015 Skoda Super 1.8 TSI Automatic with 49,000 kilometers, brand new transmission installed under warranty to address glitches and prevent the dreaded issues that occurred with these dry sump DSGs. Transmission has warranty. Brand new Michelin Primacy tires ( Less than 300 kms on them). No accidents, barely any scratches, and no paintwork or bodywork ever performed.

My reasonable assumptions:
1) 3.8-4.2L
2) 12-13.5L
Old 10th August 2019, 10:02   #13313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec2152 View Post

[*] How much would be fair price for 2012 X1 sDrive20d with 50K kms on the odo, in Mumbai/Pune? I plan to offer 8.5 or max 9.[*] How much should I expect regluar services to cost? I'm ok if that turns out to be 20-25K, I am fine with that. My Polo runs me down about 8-9K, more if additional parts are being changed.[*] What parts should I expect to be changed in the next 5 years other than consumables brake discs, pads? Are there major scares with X1 like 50K-1Lac service cost each time after the car is 6-7 years old?[*]Any other painpoints other than no spare wheel? For long drives, I would just buy a space saver or regular size wheel and keep in the boot, will also keep an air pump and tubeless patch kit. Yep boot space gets compromised, but I think I can live with it. Will just keep the wheel at home and take it with me for long drives only.[/list])
Maintenance of these big Germans for the most part depends on how they have been driven as most first owners get their cars serviced as per the CBS. I have a friend who said his 3 series was much cheaper to run/maintain than his 1st gen diesel swift because the swift kept having to go to the service station almost every other month for small stuff and the bills add up.

My ownership experience with the X1 has been delightful. Have only had regular maintenance thus far and it has just completed 70k kms. I have paid between 14k-24k for the regular service over time (14k was during some offer and 24k was an unscrupulous dealer who changed AC filter even though it was not required in the 1st service). But otherwise it hovers around 18-19k per service. Have changed the brake pads once at around 37k kms. The next change as per CBS shows another 10k kms or so. BMW also has started offering discounts for maintenance of cars over 5yrs old to help in a pleasurable ownership experience. The only major issue i had was with regards to an EGR valve that was changed in warranty. I also got extended warranty when my 2 yrs warranty was about to expire. Out of warranty expenses can be expensive but if you have the car thoroughly checked before you put your money i think you should be fine. The newer X1 according to my service adviser has many niggles , even though not serious ones but requires unscheduled visits to the service center. The one other issue is to be prepared to leave the car at the service center if some parts aren't available. For us it is a pain sometimes because most parts need to come from Mumbai or at the very least from chennai including something as small as wiper blades. And if it isnt available in Mumbai then from Germany. But since you live in Pune must not take so much time. I have a 2013 mfg X1 where the steering is not as heavy. this was the face-lift before the new launch. The 2011-12 ones can be heavy and i don't think they can be replaced.

Last edited by zombiedriver : 10th August 2019 at 10:07.
zombiedriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 19:56   #13314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Maintenance of these big Germans for the most part depends on how they have been driven as most first owners get their cars serviced as per the CBS.
My ownership experience with the X1 has been delightful. Have only had regular maintenance thus far and it has just completed 70k kms.
Thank you Zombiedriver for the wonderfully supportive post . I do think I can own a good condition X1 now. I will try to take the car I finalize to a BMW service center and get the BMW diagnostic report generated.
There is a black X1 in Mumbai I have my eyes on. It has a company registration, thereby also a good chance it has been maintained properly at the authorized center itself.

Thank you for the help, I may PM you for some specific questions on X1
nec2152 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 17:46   #13315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60m5 View Post
2) Good condition 2015 Skoda Super 1.8 TSI Automatic with 49,000 kilometers
Is this petrol or diesel?
Old 12th August 2019, 18:03   #13316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Is this petrol or diesel?
TSI is the moniker for the VW turbo Petrol engines.
vinit.merchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 18:08   #13317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
For a 7 year old car, you're probably going to end up spending almost as much in overhauling it as you paid for it so another 7-9 lakhs. And then scheduled services are going to be expensive as the age / mileage increases.

Why do you say this?
Just for example I ve just spent 65odd K in the proper routine service (8th year of ownership) on my Skoda Yeti. It has done ~47000kms.

Now having changed all the parts that needed changing as per the 'age' metric and not the 'mileage' metric, I am expecting the car to behave nicely and be with me for at least another few years. Say 10-12 years overall from date of purchase.

Considering the care I have lavished upon it, even should I consider selling it to someone now, and if that someone were to trust me and buy it for a fair price, they can and will most certainly have relative peace of mind simply because I have done everything that needed doing in a timely manner.
So I dont agree that they will need to haemorrhage such vast amounts of cash as you have hinted at, on the onward maintenance of the vehicle.

Considering therefore that most buyers of the big germans dont really tend to drive their cars all that much and the fact that most of them have atleast 2 cars if not more, plus the important point that these big germans are generally built to last and can chug along happily for a couple of lacs of kms, personally I dont think it would be a dangerous thing to buy a 7-8 year old well maintained big German with about 70k or 80k on the clock.

The best thing is that on account of severe depreciation one will get one of these for very small money indeed.

All that one has to do is to look diligently and jump into it carefully.

And there are enough independent and competent garages nowadays who will help maintain these cars to the high level of requisite standards and at a nicer price than the authorised dealerships will give!
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 18:16   #13318
BHPian

I sold my 10 month old Ecosport Titanium Plus AT for 10.3 Lakh in Pune
pseudo_coder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 19:22   #13319
BHPian

How much should my swift diesel 2009 model fetch?
I am the second owner. Mechanically good. Only paint touch-up required.

Selling because I am fearing that I need to scrap it if 10 years old car rules gets implemented in Mumbai.

Any idea about the chances of implementation of rule in Mumbai? Should I continue using the car?
Old 14th August 2019, 22:56   #13320
Senior - BHPian

Folks - what would be a fair price to give for following -

- BMW 320d M Sport 2017 model HR Reg 14k kms done, Warranty till 2019
- BMW 320d M Sport 2018 model KA Reg (manufacturing 2016) 19k kms done, Warranty till 2020
- BMW 320d M Sport 2017 model TN Reg 22k kms done Warranty till 2019

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks