Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2019, 18:21   #13081
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
So you are saying that with generation change, the models are going to depreciate faster. So overall Octavia Mk3 will get a higher depreciation on the resale market once Octavia Mk4 is launched which is sometime in 2020.
Nopes. I am saying, that a brand like Laura, which doesnt have any existance in the current new car market is looked at as a discontinued car. While Octavia, whose current generation is live, will have higher resale compared to the Laura (a dead car).

Look at the Swift! Enjoys so much resale even after 3 iterations.
2000rpm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 16:52   #13082
Senior - BHPian

What should be price of a 2012 Jazz Select?

The car has done 88000 kms. It has been maintained and serviced at Honda service center.

+Engine is still very smooth even after 88k
+Continental tyres in stock size with 50% life.
+Buying from direct owner.

-88000 kms
-The car was hit from behind and impact was till spare tyre in the boot (the body was repaired at Honda service center).
-It is a single owner car but officially second owner in RC (corporate lease transfer).

The owner quoted 3.0 lakhs but not not willing to go less than 2.75 (I offered 2.50).

The car is needed only for 12kms a day for school pick up and drop and for occasional other use where taking a Honda City is not recommended due to crowded places.

Should I be considering this car or not (because of 88k and rear hit)?
Old 2nd April 2019, 16:54   #13083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
The owner quoted 3.0 lakhs but not not willing to go less than 2.75 (I offered 2.50).
The car is needed only for 12kms a day for school pick up and drop and for occasional other use where taking a Honda City is not recommended due to crowded places.
Where you can take a Jazz you can most often take a City as well. Instead, just get yourself a small hatchback like an Alto or Kwid for such local school drops, if autorickshaws, Uber etc are not an option. Don't buy a decade old accident vehicle at 2.75-3 lakhs.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 16:57   #13084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Where you can take a Jazz you can most often take a City as well.
I know width is same for both cars but don't want to scratch an almost scratchless Honda City. So, I am preferring an old car.
Old 7th April 2019, 15:40   #13085
BHPian

I am looking to buy a used Swift (2015 -2018). Vdi (O) is the one which comes under my budget (6 lakhs), which has driver and passenger airbags.

My doubt is how to know whether the car is Vdi or Vdi (O)?

Is there any other cars in this budget I should consider, with dual airbags, ABS, and fairly fun to drive in nature?
Old 7th April 2019, 20:40   #13086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
What should be price of a 2012 Jazz Select?

The Jazz is quite a big car - might not be the ideal car to take into narrow alleys or tight parking spots. However, if you're just worried about keeping the City scratchless, it should be alright. Also, the low end torque of the 1.2 VTEC is notoriously dismal. Might not be the ideal engine for in city use.

If you're alright with the above two points, please go ahead and get the car. 88k km is nothing for a Honda petrol engine. Try bargaining hard with the 'rear hit' point. 2.75 lac sounds good to me. The old model Jazz is in a different league as far as quality is concerned. Good examples are hard to come by.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 09:07   #13087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
The Jazz is quite a big car - might not be the ideal car to take into narrow alleys or tight parking spots. However, if you're just worried about keeping the City scratchless, it should be alright. Also, the low end torque of the 1.2 VTEC is notoriously dismal. Might not be the ideal engine for in city use.
Eh, I used to drive a petrol Amaze with exactly that engine. The crisp gearshift and light clutch makes up for all that you mention about low end torque. That part hasn't changed in the Jazz either.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 09:49   #13088
BHPian

Guys, how much do you think I should spend on a Skoda Superb 2010 Elegance 1.8 TSI manual variant, run about 75k, first owner?.
Old 10th April 2019, 21:57   #13089

Hello people, looking to buy a Polo GT TSI (preferably 2016 onwards manufactured vehicle).
Also need your opinion apropos the following:
1. Is GT TSI in current market (VW handing over operations to Skoda) a good idea?
2. Long term reliability of DQ200 (although the number of complaints seems to have dropped precipitously on t-bhp threads; kindly correct me if I am wrong)

Regards
Old 13th April 2019, 08:53   #13090

Guys and Gurus,

Need a suggestion. Wish to buy a high end-hatchback - and in a fix between Polo, Baleno and Figo. How much should the recent switch of VW operations to Skoda - and the upcoming Fifa- Mahindra swap - influence the serviceability of the Polo and the Figo!?? I am afraid of Maruti’s build quality - and hence a suggestion will be of great help!
Old 14th April 2019, 10:20   #13091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Guys, how much do you think I should spend on a Skoda Superb 2010 Elegance 1.8 TSI manual variant, run about 75k, first owner?.
Around 5 lakhs, perhaps 6 tops if the vehicle is in very good condition.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 10:34   #13092
Senior - BHPian

What's a good selling price for 2010(November) Zen Estilo Lxi BS-IV? Odo :39000kms , so you can guess the condition is almost new-ish. Rear parking sensors+Bridgestone b290(4Nos)+artificial leather seats added in May 2018.

No need to change except for the impending need of an automatic.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by SoumenD : 14th April 2019 at 10:35.
Old 16th April 2019, 16:40   #13093
BHPian

Hi guys, I am looking for a used Civic here in Gurgaon and have come across these listings

https://droom.in/product/honda-civic...#rating-review

https://droom.in/product/honda-civic...714bee0ac284b2

I find the price a little on the higher side, although I have not yet seen the cars in person, what do fellow BHPians think?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by akhil994 : 16th April 2019 at 16:47.
Old 16th April 2019, 17:17   #13094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Hi guys, I am looking for a used Civic here in Gurgaon and have come across these listings

I find the price a little on the higher side, although I have not yet seen the cars in person, what do fellow BHPians think?

Thanks in advance
The prices are very high. But yes, do pay higher (if required) for a immaculately maintained Civic. These are rare species. Most owners have either sold them or have converted to CNG. A thorough bred is still a great car.

Note: Even an excellent condition car will have scraping issues. The face lift has slightly better GC though.
2000rpm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 17:56   #13095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
The prices are very high. But yes, do pay higher (if required) for a immaculately maintained Civic. These are rare species. Most owners have either sold them or have converted to CNG. A thorough bred is still a great car.

Note: Even an excellent condition car will have scraping issues. The face lift has slightly better GC though.
I am ok with paying slightly higher, but these prices seemed a little too high in my mind. Although I am not an expert of the used car market.

As far as GC goes, I have lived with and suffered through the low GC of the Honda city 2005 model for better part of 14 years now , I think I will be ok with this too.

In fact I do plan to get the civic to replace the city since it is in the last year of its run here in NCR. I am more inclined towards the automatic variant though
After 1.76 lakh kms, I think it is time
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks